Sign in to follow this  
Fader

PDC Premier League

9 Players announced. Same format as last time with 9 contenders.

Wright
MVG
Anderson
Price
Aspinall
Cross
Smith
Gurney
Durrant

I'm guessing that Fallon Sherrock will end up being one of the contenders.

Now you're talking. Premier league starts tonight :)

We're in a good place betting wise, with MVG not on top form but ofcourse that can all change 4 months down the line, when we get to the 02. In terms of outrights you're going to want to pick somebody who you think is going to make top 4 ofcourse and that is going to be MVG and Wright for certain plus 2 others. However, this year, you couldn't guarentee those 2 others, which does make it abit more fun and abit more value.

I really like Peter Wright but 4/1 is no value atall. I would want that just for him once he gets to the 02. I'm no favourite backer and I don't like the likes of Cross, Price, Gurney this year and so the teo I'm going for are Gary Anderson and Michael Smith. Anderson has just started getting back into abit of form and I would back him to be there, in the top 4 come 02 day. With that in mind, 12/1 is far too big for Anderson to beat MVG and one other.

Smith is abit of a tongue in cheek punt really. I think he has it in him to make the top 4 with his scoring and he has it in him to beat anybody but he needs that first win because he is abit of a choker. 22/1 is too big though.

I'm also taking a few relegation punts in Cross and Aspinall. Both are 6/1 and i think both will struggle over the long term here. Cross just looks so out of form right now and you wonder if he is practising as much. For Aspinall this is all new and we saw in the Premier League last year that can affect him. He tends to only really win when he is the underdog and that could be an issue.

2pts E/W G.Anderson to win Premier League 12/1 betfair
1pt E/W M.Smith to win Premier League 22/1 betvictor
------------------------------------------------------------------------
1pt R.Cross to be relegated 15/2 bet365
1pt N.Aspinall to be relegated 6/1 bet365

2020 darts bets +56.5pts

match bets :

Alot of good matches tonight and plenty of decent value in my eyes. I'm really temped by Smith but it's a match that could easily end in a draw and so it's one I'm willing to put into an accy and forget about. Anderson to beat Gurney is my first choice. I've mentioned how Anderson looks better recently and i get the feeling this could be his last season on tour if things dont go well for him. It's abit all or nothing.

Wrights price doesn't make sense atall. He's beaten MVG recently ofcourse and is bang in form. 9/4 is barmy. Next up Price to beat Cross. Don't like Cross at moment. Bang out of form and has lost about a stone and half in weight. Losing loads of weight does make a difference to your throw.

2 accys this week. 1 more conservative. 1 out there.

5pts G.Anderson to beat D.Gurney 11/10 ladbrokes
4pts P.Wright to beat MVG 9/4 betway
5pts G.Price to beat R.Cross evens betfair
1pt accy - Smith(DNB) / Anderson / Aspinall / Price 12/1 888sport
0.5pts accy - Smith/Anderson/Wright/Aspinall/Price 42/1 betfair

2 minutes ago, notanotherdonkey said:

I did say cross would do okay,I hate the draw it should be 13 legs and an outright winner,it is just another edge for the bookie.Good Luck

Price was 4-2 up but Price always gives winning positions away. He got the most draws of anybody last year and that's why he wont make the top 4 this year. Yeah, shouldn't be a draw. Hate them too. The odds are always poor because of these draws.

Week 2 tonight and we're at the Motorpoint Arena, in Nottingham.

Rob Cross managed a draw last week but I'm still not convinced. He went out of the weekend euro tour cheaply and he's facing a player in Aspinall who is bang in the mood right now. Aspinall has the fortune to face an out-of-sort Henderson last week and started really poorly. It's very hard to debut in this event and it's one of the reasons I think both of these players were going to struggle this year but the form of Aspinall at the weekend tips me toward him winning this. He won that event at the weekend by beating Price in the final and hitting a 9-darter. Not to mention 4 100+ averages along the way.

I'm going to take Price again this week. I know I shouldn't but Smith looked really poor last weekend after starting well and at the weekend he went out with a meek 85 average. Price will be happy to get the draw in the end after being 6-5 down last week and knows a win is probably needed against the weaker players really this year.

Wright looks a nice price to beat Gary. I like Anderson this year but the consistency of Wright just makes him unbeatable right now outside of MVG.

5pts N.Aspinall to beat R.Cross 13/10 bet365
5pts G.Price to beat M.Smith evens bet365
5pts P.Wright to beat G.Anderson 6/5 bet365
2pts Apsinall, Price, Wright and Sherrock +3.5 legs 8/1 betfair

yeah, the format is really hurting me and it makes me think that I may just go with the 1 each week and maybe an accy. Alot of players do that. Price does it alot. Smith does the opposite alot and gets to 6 and stops playing. Bookies must love it.

Tonight we're in Wales for Week 3. Awful week last week where there was 3 draws out of 5. Bloody ridiculous. Tonight I like Peter Wright to beat Rob Cross but it's not an outright tip for me. I'll chuck that into the accy, at odds on prices.

I do like the chances of Clayton to beat Smith though. Smith just isn't strong mentally. 6-2 up last week and you could see it was going to end a draw from 6-3. Smith went from an average around 110-115 to probably in the late 80s max. Smith has a good record against Clayton but Clayton did win the last one, in 2018. Also, nobody has ever won as a contender and Clayton will want to be the first.

I'm also going to side with Aspinall to beat MVG. I just think the value is there for this match. MVG is performing really well again but Aspinall has real glimpses of quality and if he can improve on his doubling here, anything can happen.

2pts J.Clayton to beat M.Smith 5/2 bet365
2pts N.Aspinall (Draw no bet) to beat MVG 9/2 betfair
1pt accy - Wright, Clayton, Price and Aspinall(+1.5 handicap) 33/1 888sport