** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

PDC Premier League

Fader

• 1 month later...

Now you're talking. Premier league starts tonight :)

We're in a good place betting wise, with MVG not on top form but ofcourse that can all change 4 months down the line, when we get to the 02. In terms of outrights you're going to want to pick somebody who you think is going to make top 4 ofcourse and that is going to be MVG and Wright for certain plus 2 others. However, this year, you couldn't guarentee those 2 others, which does make it abit more fun and abit more value.

I really like Peter Wright but 4/1 is no value atall. I would want that just for him once he gets to the 02. I'm no favourite backer and I don't like the likes of Cross, Price, Gurney this year and so the teo I'm going for are Gary Anderson and Michael Smith. Anderson has just started getting back into abit of form and I would back him to be there, in the top 4 come 02 day. With that in mind, 12/1 is far too big for Anderson to beat MVG and one other.

Smith is abit of a tongue in cheek punt really. I think he has it in him to make the top 4 with his scoring and he has it in him to beat anybody but he needs that first win because he is abit of a choker. 22/1 is too big though.

I'm also taking a few relegation punts in Cross and Aspinall. Both are 6/1 and i think both will struggle over the long term here. Cross just looks so out of form right now and you wonder if he is practising as much. For Aspinall this is all new and we saw in the Premier League last year that can affect him. He tends to only really win when he is the underdog and that could be an issue.

2pts E/W G.Anderson to win Premier League 12/1 betfair
1pt E/W M.Smith to win Premier League 22/1 betvictor
------------------------------------------------------------------------
1pt R.Cross to be relegated 15/2 bet365
1pt N.Aspinall to be relegated 6/1 bet365

2020 darts bets +56.5pts

match bets :

Alot of good matches tonight and plenty of decent value in my eyes. I'm really temped by Smith but it's a match that could easily end in a draw and so it's one I'm willing to put into an accy and forget about. Anderson to beat Gurney is my first choice. I've mentioned how Anderson looks better recently and i get the feeling this could be his last season on tour if things dont go well for him. It's abit all or nothing.

Wrights price doesn't make sense atall. He's beaten MVG recently ofcourse and is bang in form. 9/4 is barmy. Next up Price to beat Cross. Don't like Cross at moment. Bang out of form and has lost about a stone and half in weight. Losing loads of weight does make a difference to your throw.

2 accys this week. 1 more conservative. 1 out there.

5pts G.Anderson to beat D.Gurney 11/10 ladbrokes
4pts P.Wright to beat MVG 9/4 betway
5pts G.Price to beat R.Cross evens betfair
1pt accy - Smith(DNB) / Anderson / Aspinall / Price 12/1 888sport
0.5pts accy - Smith/Anderson/Wright/Aspinall/Price 42/1 betfair

2 minutes ago, notanotherdonkey said:

I did say cross would do okay,I hate the draw it should be 13 legs and an outright winner,it is just another edge for the bookie.Good Luck

Price was 4-2 up but Price always gives winning positions away. He got the most draws of anybody last year and that's why he wont make the top 4 this year. Yeah, shouldn't be a draw. Hate them too. The odds are always poor because of these draws.

Week 2 tonight and we're at the Motorpoint Arena, in Nottingham.

Rob Cross managed a draw last week but I'm still not convinced. He went out of the weekend euro tour cheaply and he's facing a player in Aspinall who is bang in the mood right now. Aspinall has the fortune to face an out-of-sort Henderson last week and started really poorly. It's very hard to debut in this event and it's one of the reasons I think both of these players were going to struggle this year but the form of Aspinall at the weekend tips me toward him winning this. He won that event at the weekend by beating Price in the final and hitting a 9-darter. Not to mention 4 100+ averages along the way.

I'm going to take Price again this week. I know I shouldn't but Smith looked really poor last weekend after starting well and at the weekend he went out with a meek 85 average. Price will be happy to get the draw in the end after being 6-5 down last week and knows a win is probably needed against the weaker players really this year.

Wright looks a nice price to beat Gary. I like Anderson this year but the consistency of Wright just makes him unbeatable right now outside of MVG.

5pts N.Aspinall to beat R.Cross 13/10 bet365
5pts G.Price to beat M.Smith evens bet365
5pts P.Wright to beat G.Anderson 6/5 bet365
2pts Apsinall, Price, Wright and Sherrock +3.5 legs 8/1 betfair

Tonight we're in Wales for Week 3. Awful week last week where there was 3 draws out of 5. Bloody ridiculous. Tonight I like Peter Wright to beat Rob Cross but it's not an outright tip for me. I'll chuck that into the accy, at odds on prices.

I do like the chances of Clayton to beat Smith though. Smith just isn't strong mentally. 6-2 up last week and you could see it was going to end a draw from 6-3. Smith went from an average around 110-115 to probably in the late 80s max. Smith has a good record against Clayton but Clayton did win the last one, in 2018. Also, nobody has ever won as a contender and Clayton will want to be the first.

I'm also going to side with Aspinall to beat MVG. I just think the value is there for this match. MVG is performing really well again but Aspinall has real glimpses of quality and if he can improve on his doubling here, anything can happen.

2pts J.Clayton to beat M.Smith 5/2 bet365
2pts N.Aspinall (Draw no bet) to beat MVG 9/2 betfair
1pt accy - Wright, Clayton, Price and Aspinall(+1.5 handicap) 33/1 888sport

So some small relief last week with a profit on the day being made but still this event is hurting me with the draws. Looking at tomorrow and we're in in Dublin for Week 4.

Durrant Vs Aspinall
Cross Vs Anderson
Gurney Vs Smith
O'Connor Vs MVG
Price Vs Wright

First up I'll take Aspinall again this week. Aspinall has really proved me wrong so far this tournament. I thought he would struggle with the setup but that's not been the case atall really. I fancy him against Durrant. Durrant has a good head-2-head against Aspinall but Durrant has a 94.82 average so far with these first 3 weeks, whilst Asp has 95.26 and when you think that he only managed an 89 average against Henderson you'd have to fancy him.

In the next match I actually fancy Cross this week. I thought Anderson was terrible last week and I've lost patience in him. Cross isn't firing by all means but he is so hard to beat that I think Gary could slip near the end and maybe lost 7-5 or 7-4. Int he third match, I actually think Gurney has a good chance but it's not a bet I'm willing to go for. Same with MVG, I fancy MVG wins but it could be a close one.

Finally, I'll take Wright. I would be looking at draw here with Price now but not against Wright. He is showing some real consistency now and he has to be backed for me.

4pts N.Aspinall to beat G.Durrant 5/4 bet365
4pts R.Cross to beat G.Anderson 7/4 betfair
5pts P.Wright to beat G.Price 13/10 betfair
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1pt accy - Aspinall, Cross and Wright 14/1 betfair
0.5pt accy -  Aspinall, Cross, Gurney and Wright 40/1 betfair

Premier League bets -16pts
2020 darts bets +40pts

Leaving Cross well alone this week and that first match against Gurney could be any score atall. Infact the only bet I really like tonight is Humphries to be the first contender winner. I really rate Humphries and I still do not think Anderson is playing well enough.

4pts L.Humphries to beat G.Anderson (Draw no bet) 7/4 bet365
1pt accy - Price, Aspinall & Gurney 13/1 betfair
1pt double - Humphries and Smith 17/1 betfair

The Premier League returns. We're in Liverpool tonight and a few I like the look of. Fingers crossed for another accy winner too.

I'm leaving the first match well alone. Smith is in form but Wright turns up and he matches him and so nothing for me there. In the 2nd I'm going to take note of Durrants form and give him the nod here. Durrant is actually quite a nice price here and I assume that is because of Gurneys run in the UK Open but in the Premier League I find that Gurney is struggling. He did have a hard start. He's had MVG, Andeson and Price in the first 3 weeks and Smith isn't much easier last week. His average is around 92 though and Durrant has been yielding 94 and that is bearing in mind the Fallon match which brings different pressures.

The next I like is Rob Cross to beat Bunting. I don't think Cross Is playing particularly well but I think the added pressures of the "contender" for Bunting will come into this and Cross does have a knack of winning even when he plays bad. Final bet for me is to stick with Aspinall against Anderson. He's beaten him in the recent head-2-heads and he is bang in form right now. No need to move away from that fact

4pts G.Durrant (Draw no bet) to beat D.Gurney 3/4 sportingbet
6pts R.Cross to beat S.Bunting 5/6 bet365
5pts N.Aspinall to beat G.Anderson 13/10 bet365
---------------
1pt accy - Cross. Aspinall and Durrant 9/1 betfair
0.75pts accy - Smith, Durrant, Cross and Aspinall 26/1 betfair
0.25pts accy - Smith, Durrant, Price, Cross and Aspinall 90/1 betfair

Premier League bets +1.5pts
2020 darts bets +57.5pts

• 5 months later...

The return of the Premier League tonight. All crammed in though, so no having to wait a week for the next set of games, which is probably a plus on the betting scheme of things as form and momentum can easily shift in 6 days. We'll see 6 days of days back-to-back, a 4 day break and then it continues. The play-offs will be played in October. Plenty of darts here in what is quite an open event still. Current table :

1 England Glen Durrant 9 6 4 1 1 39 28 +11 15 82 54 6 95.57 144 43.68
2 Netherlands Michael van Gerwen 8 6 4 0 2 37 29 +8 12 85 44 18 101.69 144 51.39
3 England Michael Smith 7 6 3 1 2 34 30 +4 11 76 40 17 96.71 167 39.53
4 England Nathan Aspinall 7 6 3 1 2 35 33 +2 11 69 42 20 97.82 170 41.67
5 Scotland Peter Wright 7 6 3 1 2 33 32 +1 10 70 49 22 97.13 157 43.42
6 Scotland Gary Anderson 6 6 2 2 2 35 36 −1 10 87 50 20 94.50 122 36.08
7 Wales Gerwyn Price 5 6 1 3 2 33 33 0 9 82 31 16 96.86 157 41.25
8 England Rob Cross 5 6 1 3 2 35 37 −2 14 76 46 17 94.17 128 41.18
9 Northern Ireland Daryl Gurney 2 6 0 2 4 28 40 −12 9 72 51 13 93.22 144 38.36

Apoligise for the terrible table but we can see the main thing, which is the points in the first column. Tonights fixtures :

Glen Durrant England Scotland Peter Wright
Michael van Gerwen Netherlands England Rob Cross
Michael Smith England Scotland Gary Anderson
Nathan Aspinall England Wales Gerwyn Price
Daryl Gurney Northern Ireland England Chris Dobey

Some meaty match-ups there, none more than Peter Wright taking on top of the table Durrant. We're in The Marshall Arena in Milton Keynes for these matches and that will stay the same for the remaining fixures. The play-offs will still be played at the 02 Arena.

I like Peter Wright to win this event. I think he can have a good 3/4 nights with slightly easier matches (Durrant, De Zwaan & Gurney) to get himself up to scratch and into the top 4 and then at the 02 it's anybodys. He's beaten MVG and he is no longer scared of him. I can see an MVG Vs Wright final here. I'm also going to take a punt on Smith to top the table. He has Gary Anderson tonight and will want revenge. If he wins that and goes to 9pts and Durrant loses to Wright it's very open and Smith has Rob Cross and Aspinall after that so I think 14/1 boosted with Paddy is too big for that. I already have him to win the Premier League at 22/1 each-way.

4pts E/W P.Wright to win Premier League 5/1 paddypower
2pts M.Smith to top the table 14/1 paddypower

In the matches I will take Smith to beat Anderson. Largely based on the fact I think Smith will want to get some revenge for that final and I can't see Anderson hard on the practise board. I'll also take Nathan Aspinall to beat Price. Price has been very up and down recently since we went away from the norm and have nobody to watch.

5pts M.Smith to beat G.Anderson DNB evens betfair
5pts N.Aspinall to beat G.Price DNB 11/10 Paddypower
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1pt Accy - Smith / Aspinall / MVG / Wright - 17/1 paddypower (money back if one leg loses)
0.5pts Accy - Smith / Aspinall / Dobey / Wright - 32/1 paddypower (money back if one leg loses)

Let down by more Smith doubling but atleast Aspinall made up for it. We move on to tonight :

Gary Anderson Scotland Wales Gerwyn Price
Nathan Aspinall England Northern Ireland Daryl Gurney
Michael Smith England England Rob Cross
Glen Durrant England Netherlands Michael van Gerwen
Peter Wright Scotland Netherlands Jeffrey de Zwaan

I like Anderson tonight. Smith actually played well lastnight but his doubling obviously let him down. His scoring was on point though. What won it for Anderson was his near perfect doubling. He missed just one double all game. Price and Anderson have abit of issue with eachother and that will spur on Anderson to want to win this. I'm going to take Anderson to win. The next bet I'm going to take is Smith to get the most 180s against Rob Cross. Cross couldn't get one 180 in his match and never got going whilst Smith was bang in the treble in his match.

The other I like is Wright to beat De Zwaan on a handicap. Wright ruined an accy i had lastnight by not being able to count. That really annoyed me and he ended up with a draw. I would like to think he is going to turn things around tonight and win with ease. The contenders without the crowds may look abit flat. Dobey certainly did lastnight and without that Dutch crowd is De Zwaan going to be up for it?

4pts G.Anderson to beat G.Price 11/8 bet365
5pts M.Smith (most 180s) vs R.Cross 4/5 paddypower
4pts P.Wright (-2.5 legs) to beat De Zwaan evens bet365

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1pt accy - Anderson / Aspinall / Smith / Wright 13/1 paddypower (1 loses money back)
0.5pts accy - Anderson / Aspinall / Smith / Durrant / Wright 66/1 bet365

Darts makes no sense sometimes. Anderson loses 7-1 and loses 15pts of his last match average. Ofcourse he does. Luckily Smith did the job and so did Peter Wright. Rather annoyingly I was going to singularly tip up Durrant too but i put it in the accy instead but a small profit of 2.5pts lastnight.

Despite Gurney winning lastnight I think Wright beats him tonight and I'm also taking Durrant to beat Cross. Cross once again under-performed with a 93 average. Durrant once again played well and hit a 105 average.

5.5pts P.Wright to beat D.Gurney 8/11 betfair
6pts G.Durrant to beat R.Cross 5/6 betfair
1pt accy - Wright, Durrant, Price & Smith 11/1 betfair

Wright and Durrant done the business then. +12pts. The accy got close. Tonights fixtures

Nathan Aspinall England Scotland Gary Anderson
Peter Wright Scotland Wales Gerwyn Price
Michael van Gerwen Netherlands England Michael Smith
Glen Durrant England Northern Ireland Daryl Gurney

Things are getting really interesting now as Durrant is now 4pts clear and MVG isn't even in the top 4 right now. An important match for MVG Vs Smith as the winner will be back on track. Wright takes on Price and that is also a big tie. Price beating MVG means that he sits 1pt behind the play-offs and Wright is just inside. I think Wright beats Price tonight. He may have lost lastnight but he hit a 9 darter and I always am feaful for a player I have a bet on getting a 9-darter to be honest. Much like a 147 in snooker, you tend to find the player isn't the same after it but nevertheless, Wright had the best average lastnight in his loss. He also hit 9 180s. Sometimes it just happens like that.

I also think Durrant beats Gurney. Durrant even 7-2 down has come back to get draws. He got a draw against Wright thanks to Wright losing his head. He is very good under pressure and I think Gurney is playing for nothing right now.

4pts P.Wright to beat G.Price evens bet365
4pts G.Durrant to beat D.Gurney evens boosted at paddypower
1pt accy - Aspinall / Wright / Durrant / Smith (most 180s) vs MVG - 13/1 bet365

On 8/30/2020 at 9:20 PM, Fader said:

Wright and Durrant done the business then. +12pts. The accy got close. Tonights fixtures

Nathan Aspinall England Scotland Gary Anderson
Peter Wright Scotland Wales Gerwyn Price
Michael van Gerwen Netherlands England Michael Smith
Glen Durrant England Northern Ireland Daryl Gurney

Things are getting really interesting now as Durrant is now 4pts clear and MVG isn't even in the top 4 right now. An important match for MVG Vs Smith as the winner will be back on track. Wright takes on Price and that is also a big tie. Price beating MVG means that he sits 1pt behind the play-offs and Wright is just inside. I think Wright beats Price tonight. He may have lost lastnight but he hit a 9 darter and I always am feaful for a player I have a bet on getting a 9-darter to be honest. Much like a 147 in snooker, you tend to find the player isn't the same after it but nevertheless, Wright had the best average lastnight in his loss. He also hit 9 180s. Sometimes it just happens like that.

I also think Durrant beats Gurney. Durrant even 7-2 down has come back to get draws. He got a draw against Wright thanks to Wright losing his head. He is very good under pressure and I think Gurney is playing for nothing right now.

4pts P.Wright to beat G.Price evens bet365
4pts G.Durrant to beat D.Gurney evens boosted at paddypower
1pt accy - Aspinall / Wright / Durrant / Smith (most 180s) vs MVG - 13/1 bet365

I'm rooting for Durrant!

pretty much an even night lastnight as Wright couldn't beat Price but Durrant easily beat Gurney. Just the point loss on the accy. Tonights lineup :

Glen Durrant England England Michael Smith
Daryl Gurney Northern Ireland Scotland Gary Anderson
Peter Wright Scotland Netherlands Michael van Gerwen
Gerwyn Price Wales England Nathan Aspinall

Once again you have to fancy Durrant to beat Smith. Smith is having some real issues with doubles. His scoring is on point and once again the bet of him getting the most 180s looks a good bet, but Durrant hasn't had a bad week since week 4 and his average since the has been 100.8 combined. Durrant beat him 7-3 in the last h2h between the two and I'll take him again tonight, despite the fact Smith needs the points more. Smith under pressure doesn't bode well.

Gary Anderson tends to do the exact opposite of whatever I bet but I think he should beat Gurney tonight. Gurney hasn't really got anything to play for whilst if Anderson wins you'd have to think that would all but seal him a top 4 spot. I'm going to take Peter Wright to beat MVG in the third match. This has become a huge match for these two, but for Wright it would be even worse so. If he loses tonight it will be very difficult for him to make the final 4.

Price Vs Aspinall completes the night and it's a match i'm not too keen to get involved in.

5pts G.Durrant to beat M.Smith 11/10 paddypower
2pts G.Durrant to beat M.Smith, Smith Most 180s and Durrant highest checkout 5/1 paddypower
5pts G.Anderson to beat D.Gurney 4/5 willhill
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
1pt accy - Price, Durrant & Wright 14/1 paddypower
0.5pts Durrant, Anderson, Wright and Price 21/1 paddypower (money back if one leg loses)

Typical really that Wright wins. Initially I had Wright to win and left Durrant just to win but changed it last minute. Meh, luckily Anderson came through after a late scare again (strange how he gets to the line and then loses it abit)

Durrant got a draw but never really got going until the end. Makes you wonder if the moment is getting to him alittle.. -4.5pts lastnight.

It's quite a difficult line-up tonight. You could probably make a case for all 8 to win their respective matches and with the draw involved too, the value on the whole seems low if you go with any favourites. Based purely on lastnight, Gurney has a shout against Price. 98 average for Gurney in the 8-6 defeat, whilst Price looked really poor for the start of his match against Aspinall. Infact, it was only when Aspinall started missing that he let in Price and Price's average crept up. Sure enough Price still lost pretty tamely.

Now we have just 3 weeks left matches look alot different. Durrant, for example, is now guarenteed a top 4 position and is flying at the top and he's up against MVG who really needs a win. Will Durrant see this as a freeroll now and just relax, whilst MVG is probably going to be the most under pressure player tonight. Quite similar with Gurney, weight off his shoulders, he can play like he's in the pub compared to Price who also needs a win.

Gerwyn Price Wales Northern Ireland Daryl Gurney
Gary Anderson Scotland England Michael Smith
Peter Wright Scotland England Nathan Aspinall
Glen Durrant England Netherlands Michael van Gerwen

There is 3 places to play for in this Premier League. You would have to say that Gary Anderson is a very likely last 4 spot also and so really, there is 2 places to play for between Wright, Aspinall, MVG, Price & Smith. In my eyes, experience will come into this and I can see Aspinall falling out of that list. That is why I fancy Wright again tonight. He wins tonight and leapfrogs Aspinall into third. Wright has played so well (in general) for weeks now and likes to play The Asp. Infact, he got a 110 average when he beat him 7-3 in their first match-up in this Premier League Season.

Anderson Vs Smith could quite easily be a draw. Both players have a tendancy to score well and play well until they see the finish line and then drastically lose their doubling ability. You would have to say that Smith does that more often, but nevertheless, both seem to be struggling with it. With that said, I can see this being the game of the night. Last time these two played in the Premier League, Anderson won 7-3 with a 109 average. Smith scored a 107 average himself. Scoring 7 180s. Surely we're going to see 180s in this match. Anderson got 7 lastnight and combined these two should get the line, which is 8.5

5pts P.Wright to beat N.Aspinall Evens paddypower
5pts Over 8.5 180s (G.Anderson Vs M.Smith) Evens paddypower
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1pt accy - G.Anderson, P.Wright & G.Durrant 11/1 betfair
1pt accy - Gurney (DNB), Durrant (DNB), P. Wright & Over 8.5 180s (Anderson Vs Smith) 23/1 betvictor

Durrant draws against MVG to scupper the 11/1 accy. 8 180s in the Smith/Anderson match, when 9 was needed. Just gotta love darts. Wright beats Aspinall atleast so an average night which could have been a lovely one.

With just 2 more game nights to go it's still wide open who gets the last 2 play-off spots. Here is the line-up for tonight

Daryl Gurney Northern Ireland England Nathan Aspinall
Glen Durrant England Scotland Peter Wright
Gary Anderson Scotland Netherlands Michael van Gerwen
Michael Smith England Wales Gerwyn Price

Durrant/Anderson both look through now. Smith looks out as he would need a miracle. Price HAS to win tonight or he is out. Then we have 2 places left between Wright, Aspinall, MVG and Price (if he wins tonight)

I think the last person MVG needs to play tonight is Anderson, who looks on fire. My outright pick on him at 12/1 looks big right now. MVG has a poor leg difference too and so if he doesn't win tonight, and Aspinall wins (good chance) and Price wins (fair chance) he could quite easily be in 6th position which one to play. That would be against Gurney though, which you could see him winning. Others results would come into it though.

I think Aspinall wins tonight. I thought he was excellent lastnight for the majority of the match but nerves came into it and Wright had the experience to come back. I thought Aspinall would struggle with experience at this stage, but he has a good chance to get a big win tonight against Gurney, who just lacks the scoring of Aspinall. I'm going to take Anderson to beat MVG. Anderson just looks on fire right now and effortlessly on fire too.

5pts N.Aspinall to beat D.Gurney 4/5 paddypower
4pts G.Anderson to beat MVG 13/8 bet365
4pts G.Price to beat M.Smith 5/4 paddypower
---------------------------------------------------------------------
1pt accy - Aspinall, Anderson & Price 9/1 betfair
0.5pt accy - Aspinall, Draw (Durrant Vs Wright), Anderson and Price 50/1 betfair