Announcements
** July Nap's Competition Result : 1st Rainbow, 2nd Trainmad091, 3rd Zidane123, KO Cup Bathtime For Rupert, Most Winners Alastair, Goodwood Comp: Glavintoby**
**July Poker League Result : 1st Craggwood £75, 2nd Like2Fish £45, 3rd Rivrd £30**
Sign in to follow this  
CzechPunter

Australian Open 2020

On 1/30/2020 at 8:50 AM, bet4fun said:

what is the difference between playing in playoffs and regular games.. same is the difference between playing in a final for the first time against one who knows how to win those. Garbine is hot favorite to win this final.

As I said the smartest decision was betting some money on Kenin to secure benefits... As soon I saw Kenin saving 3 consecutive BP in the fifth game of the third set with some brutal shots I knew she will win the match. Unbelievable how Kenin has played in this tournament.

On 1/31/2020 at 10:20 PM, liquidglass said:

Djokovic vs Thiem

On the whole I feel that it has really been a superb tournament considering the dramatic build up to the final. An unprecedented sequence of events that just could not have worked out better.

It has to be noted that before the appearance of Tsitsipas and Medvedev, Thiem and Zverev have always been the bonafied heirs of the number 1 & 2 positions in men’s tennis and thanks in part to Zverev that he somehow was able to rediscover his game to play his part in the build up to What can only feel as the crowning of the new prince. And why would there be any reason to think differently?

Thiem was arguably on form the best player of last year as he finished the season with a bang and has just seamlessly continued from where he left off. In the semi-finals, with Thiem and Zverev at 9/2 and 17/2 respectively, I advised my students on one of the tennis online forums to snap up those prices of whichever of the two guys they preferred as I had a gut feeling that this first tournament of the new decade had the propensity to give birth to something really special. Form or no form, I feel there should only be one option for any punter betwise. The mentality should really be that in most cases we always end up losing anyway and taking Thiem here is a justifiable mistake if it turns out that way. 2020? You just cannot afford to put new wine in old skins.

Thiem is also a confident strong, determined and fearless who has bested Djokovic in 3 of their last 4 meetings. There is no reason not to win no4 despite playing more hours on court. This is a man who is drastically raise the bar on the tennis front this year. Interestingly enough when Djokovic finished his semi-final against Federer he was 1/6 awaiting the winner of Thiem/Zverev. He would have stayed that way had Zverev won. He is now 2/9 against Thiem. I have always been an advocate of positive price moves speaking ahead of form. This should really be a thriller with only one expected outcome. Welcome to the new tennis era.

I think it is going to be a great match with quite a few tie breaks. But with Djokovic just coming out on top in four sets

Djokovic to win 3-1 set betting 11/4

Three tie breaks in the match 10/1

Edited by owenclass

20 hours ago, darko08 said:

As I said the smartest decision was betting some money on Kenin to secure benefits... As soon I saw Kenin saving 3 consecutive BP in the fifth game of the third set with some brutal shots I knew she will win the match. Unbelievable how Kenin has played in this tournament.

well done. i was busy the whole week and did not watch the match but saw the scores later on. Garbine messed up after winning the 1st set and i am afraid this was her last match to take the tally to 3

Thiem to win the final against Djokovic @3.5 with betway

Seriously this is his best chance to win the grandslam. he is poor on grass and rafa isn't giving the french open to anyone. he has beaten djokovic in the season ending tournament and cannot see why he cannot do it again. he has to start strong however. Infact he has beaten him twice in back to back wins against him. has to take the match to 4th set

Edited by bet4fun

On 2/1/2020 at 1:03 AM, CzechPunter said:

For the record, the guys above should be trusted more than me on this one!

u are just having a poor run which everyone has in their betting career. u will be back on track dont worry. just 1 month gone in the season.

Djokovic flying over the court. The first set has been tight but Thiem has suffered in all his games on serve (all of them has gone to the deuce). If Djokovic has not a meltdown this will be an easy 3-0 for him as I expected. The best returner of the history has become now a big server (he has improved his second serves) and the only question I have now is how much time he will need to win more GS titles than Federer (I think no more than 2 years because I think he can win 2 each year). This man has no weaknesses.

Edit. Am I a jinx..? After saying this Djokovic lost a game on serve with 2 DF 😂

Edited by darko08