CzechPunter

Tennis Tips - January 3 - January 19

yeah thats true, but she must have done something in the offseason.. Because she's playing at an improved level especially on serve.. which is enormous.. She was serving bigger than Karolina in the match i watched. Sabalenka was shaking her head after getting aced over and over. I can't find the stats on it , but i saw about half the match and witnessed atleast 6 aces myself that were bombs.. Sabalenka wasn't even within reach of the ball. 

I hedged out on the Verdasco match 30 minutes ago.. I've been burnt by him too many times.. so I'll take profit on either side now.. took half stake on Krajinovic @ odds +4.4 and 5.75. Looks like Djere might be a live dog right now down a set also but I can't get a stream on the match. 

Pliskova in the middle of a Bondarenko Rout playing the same way she did last match. Some new and improved level this year. Going to be straight set win, and even Bondarenko is playing decent. Pliskova is a major threat to win the tournament.. I can only see Mertens standing in her way. 

Edited by money44

Now I'm watching the Kenin - Osaka match .. I don't have live betting available to me right now so more just for research purposes.. I'm picking Osaka to come from down a set and beat Kenin 2-1. I didn't see that Mertens actually lost also. 

Edited by money44

Quite a crazy week, hard to get a read on things. What I know is that Tsonga was poor yesterday, so don't overrate Kecmanovic based on that, he was playing only reasonably well. Happy to see that Siegemund won, I really wasn't expecting that, went to bed after she lost the first set from a good position and thought that was it.

Kristyna Pliskova to beat Elena Rybakina at 2.30 with Parions_Sport

It will be a 1st meeting between these 2 players. I expect a close encounter for my 1st tennis bet of the year.

Rybakina just eliminated Mertens (# 17) in 3 sets after having done the same with the Chinese favorite Zheng Saisai, thus confirming her fantastic 2019 season where she gained 150 places. For her part Pliskova just eliminated Bondarenko in 2 sets in just a little over 1 hour of play after having eliminated her 1st 2 opponents in the same expeditious manner, including the formidable Sabalenka (# 11).

The Czech hit 8 aces in the 1st round, 15 in the 2nd and 16 in the last game. This gives hope for an even bigger service against the Kazakh, especially if the latter begins to feel the accumulated fatigue of 2/3 matches over 2 hours..

I wish you all a happy new year 2020, may success and health be with you! :hope :ok

@CzechPunter well you were right on the money there.. I do think you're bets are a little bit passive because you didn't have a great run of picks. 

Whats interesting is what your pick will be of Pegula in the next round. I took Cornet live bet @ 6.75, and then i hear about the injury but bet is void anyways. Bouchard is undervalued again in her next match but Anisimova is proving to be phenomenal right now. So maybe it's big time danger there. I may take a look at it in play in case her level drops some. 

Depends who gets to play against her and how. I do fear her being a bit afraid of the bigger names still, but her level is high at the moment and the conditions are clearly to her liking. In any case, she's bound to land the top 120 bet if she stays reasonably healthy, you need to have about 550 points at the end of the season for that and she already has 110.

ohhh without a doubt she is landing in there somewhere when healthy.. She had some leg injuries last year dealing with but seems to have fought them off a bit.. Looked like a hamstring.. Americans have a mountain of underrated players. She is just one of many such as brady and Riske.. In my opinion Kvitova is playing well from what it is possible brady goes for her backhand and finds a way to surprise again.. Probably not something i feel comfortable betting but in play eye test maybe. 

I took Sugita vs Klizan in play @ -140, and then hedged the bet on Klizan 4.4 just now. Klizan really is playing terrible on serve mainly. Just not Tour level quality.. I took this with the expectation that I was going to follow up a bet on a much better serving left handed Pliskova in top form.. These are weird superstitions.. but I found if I don't pay attention to them a little bit .. soon I'm losing massive bets shortly afterward.. I don't think its a great system.. but I have to play it for now.. 

Also I'm watching Collins-Keys match.. Initially I was feeling Collins to win but I wanted to see her form in play because keys is dangerous and matches her power if not exceeds it. Turns out Collins doesn't look quite as fit this match, and the rankings should tell the tale in this match as Keys seems to be in prime form. :ok

I have to admit .. I'm surprised to see Pegula price so high.. I was expecting something like 3.2 at the highest ... looks like the books opened @ 3.85.. pretty disrespectful to how well she's been playing but on name quality alone .. wozniacki demands respect.. doesn't mean she's going to win .. i may place an insurance stake on pegula to back up one of my bets , but don't think the line is available yet for me. 

On 1/3/2020 at 8:04 PM, Striker said:

Think the next player on the WTA to breakthrough for a Grand Slam win will be Sofia Kenin

She won 3 times last year, and has only just turned 21

Kicks her Australian campaign off in Brisbane next week and I'm already on at 25's [Currently 20-1]

Disappointing after a good opening win to see her tamely fold against Osaka, especially after winning an epic first set

Yeah, this is rather tough I guess, as Wozniacki is on a mission herself if she really wants to end her career at the Australian Open. Pegula could start feeling some sympathy or just be overwhelmed by the occasion, not an easy spot to be in, will have to think about it for a while.