** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

FA Cup Predictions > Jan 4th - 6th

bournemouth v luton

Eddie howe often rotates his team in cup competitions and with the relegation threat and injury problems i'm hoping the fa cup has a low priority for him.

Luton are no great shakes but at the prices i will chance them . There are often plenty of goals in Luton games also so a small sell of the time of the second luton goal is my second pick.

Bets:

luton at 7/1 (bet 365)

sell time of second luton goal at 84 (spreadex)

Cardiff vs Carlisle

The FA Cup 3rd Round is here and what better way to start for me than covering Cardiff's tie against League Two club Carlisle in a 3:01pm GMT kick-off at the Cardiff City Stadium. Apparently, the kick-off times are delayed by 1 minute due to an initiation by the FA that will see all stadiums show a brief video about the importance of mental health awareness. A cracking idea if you ask me. Anyway, on with the preview.

Cardiff were an absolute travesty on New Year's Day. A 6-1 hammering at the hands of QPR was one of the worst ways imaginable for the Bluebirds to start 2020. Neil Harris and the players have come out in the press and social media to apologise. The fans have given a mixed reaction with some saying such a battering was a long time coming, others questioning the desire of some players, but most fans accepting it was just one of those days. A perfect storm. This game is a big opportunity for the players to react in a positive way. Harris has stated he loves the FA Cup so expect us to field a strong team.

Carlisle are enduring a horrible season. The Cumbrians are 21st in League Two but results have shown improvement since head coach Chris Beech came in at the end of November. This will be a tall order for them against a Cardiff side that will want to bounce back after a disappointing loss and Carlisle themselves suffered a drab 4-1 beating at the hands of Crewe on New Year's Day so they'll not exactly be in the most positive mood coming into this game.

I remember when I first started supporting Cardiff in the early 1990s (when some of you probably hadn't even been born!) and we were milling around in the bottom two divisions of the Football League. We used to encounter Carlisle a fair bit. We're unbeaten in the last 10 meetings with them and their last win over us came in a 3-2 score-line at their place on 30th March, 1991. I can't see us losing this one and I think we could well see a very fierce reaction to the QPR game. Cardiff to win this one and win it well.

Cardiff HT/FT @ 2.00 with Ladbrokes

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.75 with Marathonbet

@Mindfulness, @Pep004, @MaliMisko12, @betcatalog, @sajtion, @godofhorses, @Tiffy, @waynecoyne, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @Duke_Tm, @dogmeister, @Arkadi Manucharov, @derbent, @fat, @allyhibs, @6avin24, @discipline, @the bastardian, @Bronxie, @Bett@KikoCy, @teddybear3011, @markus808, @allthethings, @Kenton Schweppes, @vasilli07, @Dylan Lynch, @neilovan, @JKos, @zemo91, @kulikTS, @mrclubbie, @Judeksi, @Henind666, @Dave1X2, @canaries91, @jazzman02, @sajtion, @Darran, @postmanplod69, @eddiem, @bartonbank, @yossa6133, @Teodore, @thinkpink63, @Carovie, @i1_principe, @MrJol, @shrewd., @AussieDex. @Rey86, @ivanhoe, @Ameer, @Neubs, @BHAadam, and @AndreBR.

Watford FC vs Tranmere Rovers

Watford FC

Doubtful: Will Hughes (17/1 m)

Out (injuries/other): Kiko Femenia (17/0 d), Tom Cleverley (9/1 m), Danny Welbeck (5/0 f), Sebastian Prodl (1/0 m), Daryl Janmaat (8/0 d)

Suspended: Christian Kabasele (13/0 d)

Tranmere Rovers

Doubtful: Liam Ridehalgh (20/1 d), Manny Monthe (22/0 d), Kane Wilson (5/0 d)

Out (injuries/other): Cameron Borthwick-Jackson (3/0 d), Scott Davies (18/0 first goalkeeper, captain), Ishmael Miller (0/0 f), Evan Gumbs (0/0 d), Harvey Gilmour (2/0 m), Ollie Banks (10/3 m), Mark Ellis (0/0 d)

Suspended: -

Southampton vs Huddersfield

Southampton

Doubtful: Yan Valery (8/0 d)

Out (injuries/other): Sofiane Boufal (14/0 m)

Huddersfield

Doubtful: Jonathan Hogg (24/0 m), Elias Kachunga (22/1 f)

Out (injuries/other): Alex Pritchard (9/0 m), Collin Quaner (2/0 f), Tommy Elphick (14/0 d), Terence Kongolo (11/0 d), Adama Diakhaby (18/0 f), Herbert Bockhorn (0/0 d)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Liverpool vs Everton

The pick of the ties in the FA Cup 3rd Round comes from Anfield on Sunday afternoon at 4:01pm GMT where Merseyside rivals Liverpool and Everton go toe-to-toe for a spot in the next round of the competition. A few weeks ago this might have been considered a done game but the bookies are being a little more cautious now that the away side come into this with renewed confidence.

Liverpool remain the top team in English football. In fact, they are now officially the best team in the world and some pundits are putting them up there as one of the greatest squads of all-time. Time will tell if that's true or not but they are certainly a well-oiled machine that look like they could win the treble this season. Interestingly, the Reds have lost their last two games in the FA Cup but they've not lost three in a row in this competition since 1954. They come into this game with outstanding home form having not suffered a loss on their own patch since September 2018. If you're looking for a cheeky anytime scorer bet then Divock Origi has scored 5 goals in his 4 games played against Everton at Anfield.

Everton were faltering under Marco Silva but look like a completely different side under caretaker manager Duncan Ferguson and now new gaffer Carlo Ancelotti. The Italian manager has a decent record against Liverpool having won 7 of his last 12 matches against them. He's also got a solid record in this competition having won it with Chelsea in 2010.

Everything points to a Liverpool win. I appreciate the bookies are cautious with their odds because Liverpool may field a weakened side but even the fringe players come in and do a job these days so at the odds available it makes sense to back the home win. Four of the last five FA Cup games between these two sides played at Anfield have ended in draws so I see the appeal of that outcome but it has to be a home win the way Liverpool are playing this season.

Liverpool to Win @ 2.15 with Betfair

Anytime Scorer: Divock Origi @ 3.30 with Betway