** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

German Masters (Plus qualifiers)

Fader

May change the way I look at these smaller tournaments and scale down the betting. German Masters qualifiers for the weekend. Still in Barnsley for this. 

I'll take Jak Jones to beat Sam Craigie. Craigie lost 5-0 to Xintong a few days ago and in his last 2 matches he has lost 5-0 and 4-0. He isn't having the best season. Jak Jones is by no means on fire but he did well to hold off Nuble 5-4. Nuble played very well hitting 4 50+ scores. Jones got 2 centuries in that match. This should be a close one.

Next up I will take Burden to beat Ollie Lines. Lines beat Burden in this very tournament last year but has had a very poor season in which he has only beaten one player and that was an amateur. Burden has just beaten Murphy and looks a better bet here.

Finally a couple outsiders I like the look of. First, Rod Lawler to beat Kyren Wilson and then Lu Ning to beat Bingham. 

4pts J.Jones to beat S.Craigie 6/4 bet365
5.5pts A.Burden to beat O.Lines 8/11 ladbrokes
1.5pts R.Lawler to beat K.Wilson 7/1 ladbrokes
2pts L.Ning to beat S.Bingham 9/4 bet365

Just the two for tomorrow. Filipiak is in hot form right now and takes on Jamie O'Neill. I'll take Filipiak for that tie. I'm suprised he isn't the favourite. The second is taking David Grace against John Astley.

5pts K.Filipiak to beat J.O'Neill 5/4 bet365
5.5pts D.Grace to beat J.Astley 10/11 bet365

Both winners tonight. Final day of the German Masters qualifiers tomorrow. The two men in form, Bingtao taking on Brecel. I'm going to side with Bingtao. Never had a h2h which is a surprise. Hamilton to beat Akani is the second one that interests me. Hamilton just seems the more solid player to me. Akani is winning 5-0 one week and then losing 5-0 the next.

The other I like is Georgiou to beat Gould. Gould actually playing decent after beating Walden, but he had a good record against Walden and this is more of a 50-50 then the 7/4 suggests.

5pts Y.Bingtao to beat L.Brecel evens paddypower
5.5pts A.Hamilton to beat S.Akani 10/11 william hill
2.25pts M.Georgiou to beat M.Gould 7/4 bet365

German Masters 3/6 
+8.25pts

• 1 month later...

This continues on Wednesday. Again a 5-day event where the winner gets 80k. Top half of the draw houses last weeks winner, Neil Robertson. On-fire right now and no reason why he can't go on and win this too but at 3/1 I'll be swerving both him and Judd Trump in the other half.

Instead at the top I will continue to back Gary Wilson and I'll also throw a punt at Anthony McGill. McGill is on abit of form right now and I think the winner of Gary Wilson Vs McGill would probably play Shuan Murphy before meeting Robertson. We don't know how Robertson is feeling in terms of tiredness and so the prices look right.

In the bottom half I'll take two outsiders in Brecel and Georgiou. Georgiou is scoring so well recently that he's worth backing for me. Brecel hasn't had the results recently but if you look at his scoring it's not too bad and he has a good recent record against Judd Trump

1pt E/W G.Wilson to win The German Masters 25/1 betvictor
0.75pts E/W L.Brecel to win The German Masters 45/1 bet365
0.5pts E/W A.McGill to win The German Mastes 125/1 betfair
0.5pts E/W M.Georgiou to win The German Masters 175/1 betfair

German Masters bets +1.70pts
2020 snooker bets - +1.5pts

match bets (1pm matches)

Mark Williams is first up tomorrow and I am going to once again lay him. It was fruitful against Yuelong and I think fellow chinese Sijun can also win. Sijun has won the last two head-2-heads and despite Williams form, the bookies are still offering prices of 2/1 on Sijun. In the other 1pm match, I'm going to take on Selt with Jamie Clarke. Clarke hasn't had the best form this season but you could say the same for Selt. Clark has just beaten Mark Selby without even hitting more than 1 50+ where as Selby hit a century and 2 50+ and so his battling instincts atleast must be primed. Selt beat Peter Lines and a 17yr old to get here.

I'll be taking a look at the evening matches tonight.

2.5pts Y.Sijun to beat M.Williams 2/1 betfair
2.5pts J.Clarke to beat M.Selt 29/10 betfair

Very tempted to go with Dott against Williams but Dott didn't score well enough today for me to back him. The three i will go for are below. McGill has been in good recent form. Brecel has a good record recently against Judd and won easily today. +2.5 frames at odds against is a very nice price as I think Brecel is scoring heavily enough to trouble Judd if he gets in. Georgiou is a player in form and although Akani is in a purple patch himself, I would favour Georgiou in their first head-2-head.

2.5pts A.McGill to beat Z.Xintong 6/5 ladbrokes
2.5pts L.Brecel (+2.5 frames) to beat J.Trump 11/10 betfair
2.5pts M.Georgiou to beat S.Akani 6/5 bet365

snooker bets 2020 -4pts

Brecel makes up the frames needed and Georgiou goes through. McGill on multiple frames got into good positions and let it slip. I'll take Gary Wilson to beat Xintong today. Wilson has a good h2h record against Xintong beating him on every occasion in their 4 meetups. He actually beat him only only a week ago, 5-1.

5.5pts G.Wilson to beat Xintong 8/11 WilliamHill

snooker bets 20202 -0.75pts