** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Non-League Predictions > 21st December

Darran

Given the weather we could see a few of these called off so I will be fairly brief with the previews.

Torquay v Chesterfield

Both sides have been in dreadful form, but at least we know Torquay were in bad form because of the fact they had injuries. The bounced back to hammer Aldershot in the FA Trophy last weekend and that is a sign that they are ready to get their league form back on track. They should have too much to beat a Chesterfield side who continue to struggle and you have to begin to wonder if they might even go down.

Sutton v Wrexham

Sutton have improved although they weren't great in either FA Trophy match against Dagenham who of course had been in poor form themselves. Wrexham's first team had the Saturday off last weekend so they will be fresher coming into this given Sutton had to play the replay as well. They may have played Eastleigh and Solihull at the right time given their FA Cup exploits, but it does suggest they are about to move up the table having been bottom prior to those wins. They are the better side in my view and I make them value to win this if they can continue with their improved form.

Gloucester City v Kings Lynn

Been a while since Gloucester last won, but I am actually putting them up here. I mentioned in my ante-post update that Kings Lynn are struggling with injuries at the moment and they were like the walking wounded against Dover in the FA Trophy win last weekend. That could hinder their league form especially with such a busy period coming up. Even if they get something out of this I think they could be in for a tough Christmas period if the games go ahead. I'd still have them as favourites, but in the circumstances Gloucester should be shorter than 5/2.

Braintree v Havant & Waterlooville

Slough didn't cover the handicap a couple of weeks ago against Braintree despite the fact they were all over them. Havant should be more than capable of covering the -1 handicap given how good a side they are and it should be a comfortable away win.

Cheshunt v Bowers and Pitsea

3 wins on the bounce for Bowers and Pitsea and they include impressive victories against Enfield and Folkestone. Cheshunt are nowhere near their level and they have lost 8 of their last 10 matches. The only points they have picked up have been against Merstham and Brightlingsea Regent, two teams who are also struggling. Bowers should be favourites in my view and look a big price.

Harrow Borough v Weston Super Mare

Harrow have just one point in their last 6 games and have lost 4 on the bounce. As I have mentioned before Weston have dropped silly points this season, but if they play as they are capable off then they should pick up 3 points here.

Hitchin v Leiston

I know Leiston failed to beat a 10 man Peterborough last weekend, but one of their players mentioned on Twitter after the game that a chest infection was going through the team. They should be over that now and we should see an improved performance which gives them a chance of beating a Hitchin side who have been disappointing in their last 2 games.

4 fold

We get a rare chance to back Maldon & Tiptree in the league as they are playing at Tilbury on Friday night so they go in the bet. Havant just to win make up the 2nd leg. Truro are top should have no trouble picking up another 3 points against Yate. Nuneaton did lose their last home league game, but they have been superb at home on the whole and given St Ives struggled to beat Redditch last weekend it is hard to see them getting anything at Nuneaton. The bet pays 5/1 with Bet365.

Torquay 2.5pts @ 107/100 with Marathon (game on)

Wrexham 1pt @ 199/100 with Marathon (Game will be on as it is on a 3G pitch)

Gloucester City 1pt @ 5/2 with Bet365 (game off)

Havant -1 2.5pts @ 15/8 with Betfair (game on)

Bowers and Pitsea 2pts @ 2/1 with BetVictor (game off)

Weston Super Mare 1pt @ 34/25 with Marathon (game on)

Leiston 1pt @ 137/50 with Marathon (Game off)

Maldon & Tiptree/Havant/Truro/Nuneaton 1pt 4 fold @ 5/1 with Bet365 (Maldon and Truro are off)

Saturday is the last day of fixtures before Christmas and the 3 National League divisions play Boxing Day, Saturday 28th, New Year’s Day and Saturday 4th. The step 3 divisions have spread their fixtures across those dates. 

As regards to previews there is a chance that Boxing Day tips will go up Sunday but chances are it will be Monday night. 28th tips will be be up Friday night but chances are it will be tips and no previews. New Year’s Day should be up Monday 30th at some point. Finally the 4th will most likely be up on the 3rd. Obviously a bit depends on when bookies price up but they should be up by those dates and of course they account for my plans over Christmas. Let’s hope we get some games on at the weekend and get a few quid for Christmas.