** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Championship Predictions > Dec 20th - 23rd

Middlesbrough vs Stoke City

Middlesbrough

visit our site to find out all missings

Stoke City

Doubtful: Ryan Shawcross (1/0 d, captain)

Out (injuries/other): Peter Etebo (11/0 m), Nathan Collins (4/0 d)

Suspended: -

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Edited by malabgd

Middlesbrough vs Stoke

The Championship action gets an early start on Friday night this weekend with a 7:45pm GMT kick-off. Middlesbrough face Stoke at the Riverside with both sides undoubtedly aware that avoiding a slump in form heading into the festive period will be crucial in their survival hopes. Will they both be content with a draw or will one of these teams take the victory?

Middlesbrough continue to toil under Jonathan Woodgate. The fans are running out of patience with the club sat in 20th place and only 3 points above the relegation zone. Results recently haven't been too bad with just 2 losses in their last 7 league games but those wins are still hard to come by with only 2 wins coming in their last 15 matches in the league. The optimism that Boro can take heading into this game is the fact that their recent home record shows they are becoming hard to beat on their own patch. It's now 4 league games at home without defeat and that could be key in staying up.

Stoke really struggled this season under former manager Nathan Jones. New manager Michael O'Neill has shown signs that he can lift them up the table but there's still a lot of work to do. The real test will be after the January transfer window when O'Neill has had an opportunity to bring some of his own players in. A three-game losing streak in the league has been ended with two clean sheets in a win and a draw. O'Neill knows he'll need to take the defensive solidarity he instilled in his Northern Irish sides and impress that on his Stoke side if they're to avoid relegation.

This is a tricky one. I was initially contemplating backing the away win but Middlesbrough are making themselves hard to beat at home. I just don't think Middlesbrough have shown me enough this season to ever want to back them for a win. I know the ELO ratings are heavily supporting a home win but I probably have to go with the draw. I think Stoke are shoring up that back-line and they'll be just as tough to breach as the Boro defence will be. Wouldn't be surprised if we see a 0-0 stalemate or even just a single moment of fortune separating these two sides.

Draw @ 3.25 with Boylesports

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.69 with Marathonbet

@waynecoyne, @sajtion, @arvee, @canaries91, @Mindfulness, @betcatalog, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @CloughandTaylor, @Tiffy, @Gidds, @chris50, @PokerWolf1, @teddybear3011, @skyblues88, @allyhibs, @Icongene, @KikoCy, @willie82, @Neubs, @Papa Lazarou, @kulikTS, @Valkovets, @Pipoca, @padman, @Marek76, @silver fox, @neilovan, @HastGill1, @jazzman02, @andypaps28, @Kenton Schweppes, @rangers234, @newjack, @Kane91, @yossa6133, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Xcout, @branskie, @Wanderer89, @Hitch, @four-leaf, @trevor8, @OppoArchitizerLady, @Power90, @THEODORE-007, @KeyserSoze1, @Ulrik, @Rey86, @freddie01, @gruja, @craigh, @BHAadam, and @the bastardian.

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Championship

Charlton have lost with a 1 goal margin in their last 3 away matches in Championship.
There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Luton’s last 11 games in Championship.
Derby have lost their last 5 away matches in Championship.
West Brom are undefeated in their last 17 home matches in Championship.
Luton have lost 80% of their last 10 matches in Championship.

You can find interesting 54 Football Betting Streaks for 21.12.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-21-12-2019-17077

Cardiff vs Preston

Last weekend threw a spanner in the works with Cardiff coming back to draw 3-3 with Leeds with just 10 men. I was watching the scores come in with a Leeds fan and I've never seen so much pessimism in one room before. This weekend, my Bluebirds side host Preston in a 12:30pm GMT kick-off on Saturday lunch-time with the result potentially having an impact on the play-off aspirations of both teams.

Cardiff are still doing well under Neil Harris. The club might be 12th in the table but they're now only 3 points behind the play-off places. That draw away to Leeds was a huge sign of the character present within this squad. Just 1 defeat under Harris is a positive run and they remain unbeaten at home in the league under the new gaffer. In fact, only Preston and Leeds boast a better home record in the division this season.

Preston might have the best home record in the Championship but their away form is quite poor. Alex Neil's side are 3rd in the table but away from home they've only managed 2 wins from their 10 league games. North End will feel they can come to the Cardiff City Stadium full of optimism having beaten Cardiff in 3 of their last 4 league meetings. However, Preston have lost 4 of their last 5 away games only managing to score 1 goal during those matches.

I'm actually quite positive heading into this game. We are still finding that habit of winning games at home even when we're not playing well. For whatever reason, Preston have struggled on the road. I think the draw last week to Leeds shows Harris has the backing of the players and they are fighting with everything they've got. I'd be disappointed if we don't win this one although I am wary that it might end in a draw so can see why people might back that outcome.

Cardiff to Win @ 2.40 with Betfred

BTTS @ 1.77 with SportNation

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Championship

Blackburn have been undefeated in their last 6 matches in Championship.
Wigan Athletic have failed to win in their last 10 matches in Championship.
Blackburn have scored in each of their last 9 matches in Championship.
34% of Wigan Athletic’s conceded goals occurred after the 75th minute in Championship.

You can find interesting 31 Football Betting Streaks for 23.12.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-23-12-2019-17120

Blackburn v Wigan

Blackburn is third on the POS from the last 8 games table counting 4 wins in a row

Wigan is in the last place,having the worst offense and away performance

unless there is something going on,like injured players or punished or smth like that,which im not aware of,i say that bookies make 

really bad choices on the odds here

Blackburn to win and over 1.5 goals

at 2.12

Blackburn vs Wigan

The last game we're covering before Christmas is the 7:45pm GMT kick-off on Monday night between Blackburn and Wigan at Ewood Park. Can either of these sides get a victory to head into the busy festive period on a high note or will we see the two teams nullify each other? The odds are backing one team but the ELO ratings are backing another. Let's take a look!

Blackburn come into this game in a decent run of form. Tony Mowbray's men are undefeated in their last 6 league matches and have moved up to 10th in the league table. Rovers are only 3 points off the play-off places with a game in hand and a win here could potentially see them move up to 7th in the table. Their players will feel confident they can get a win in this game having won 9 of their last 11 league meetings with Wigan at home.

Wigan are currently propping up the Championship table. The Latics are rock bottom with teams such as Stoke and Huddersfield enjoying that new manager bounce. Only 2 points separate them from safety so the panic button hasn't been pressed yet but Paul Cook will want to get a decent points return from this Christmas period to avoid being cut adrift in the relegation zone. Wigan haven't won in 10 league games now and have only managed 1 win in their last 20 meetings with Blackburn.

Everything is pointing towards a home win here and the odds listed are tempting enough to back. The ELO ratings are only slightly favouring the away side but I don't think it's enough to make them worth backing for a win or even a draw. I can see this being a difficult and arduous game for both sides but ultimately I think Blackburn's current form with the influential Bradley Dack set to return will see them over the line.

Blackburn to Win @ 1.76 with Marathonbet

Anytime Scorer: Bradley Dack @ 2.90 with Betway