** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Premier League Predictions > Dec 21st & 22nd

10 minutes ago, Tiffy said:

Can anyone explain why Leicester are 7/1?

They are 2nd in the League, in great form, and even the index ratings above have them higher than City.

surely they are worth a few sheckles?

And against who they are playing? 

GNLS

Edited by Teodore

Everton vs Arsenal

The Premier League action kicks off this weekend with a humdinger of a clash at 12:30pm GMT on Saturday lunch-time when managerless pair Everton and Arsenal go head-to-head at Goodison Park. Both teams are just a short time away from appointing their new permanent managers at the time I write this so this preview will be based on that current state of play.

Everton are looking revived under interim manager Duncan Ferguson. The lovable Scotsman has been earning praise from fans and pundits alike for injecting more passion into this Toffees side that struggled under former gaffer Marco Silva. Rumours are that Carlo Ancelotti could be the shock new man in charge come the weekend but with Ferguson having guided Everton to a 3-1 win over Chelsea, a 0-0 draw against Manchester United, and then taking Leicester to penalties after a 2-2 draw in the EFL Cup Quarter-Finals they look sorted for the time being.

Arsenal come into this game as a club in disarray. The Gunners are reportedly on the verge of appointing Mikel Arteta as their next manager but Freddie Ljungberg maintains his position as interim head coach for the moment. The Swede hasn't had quite the same impact on his team as Ferguson had on his with Arsenal only winning 1 of their 4 league games with Ljungberg in charge. Their away record continues to be terrible with just 2 wins from their 8 away league games this season.

I have to say that I am going to be piling the money on Everton for this one. If I was a Toffees fan I'd be buzzing for it right now. A temporary manager who is getting the best out of his players, a potential new man at the helm who boasts one of the greatest managerial records of all-time, and an owner that is willing to back him financially. Over the next 5 years, we may very well see a shift in power between these two clubs and it could start here.

Everton to Win @ 2.40 with Betfred

Anytime Scorer: Dominic Calvert-Lewin @ 2.85 with 888Sport

@Mindfulness, @Pep004, @MaliMisko12, @betcatalog, @sajtion, @godofhorses, @Tiffy, @waynecoyne, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @Duke_Tm, @dogmeister, @Arkadi Manucharov, @derbent, @fat, @allyhibs, @6avin24, @discipline, @the bastardian, @Bronxie, @Bett@KikoCy, @teddybear3011, @markus808, @allthethings, @Kenton Schweppes, @vasilli07, @Dylan Lynch, @neilovan, @JKos, @zemo91, @kulikTS, @mrclubbie, @Judeksi, @Henind666, @Teodore, @kilkenny1, @newjack, @PokerWolf1, @Dave1X2, @real55555, @jazzman02, @Ameer13, @Gedkip, @mcsilks, @MangoTheThird, @Roy The Boy, @DonPaulo, @Duckets, @yossa6133, @sjuesju, @dylanphan, @thfc, @Dboston, @Dr. Florida192, @money44, @1moregoal, @ggm31v, @EuroDream, @ndanmak, @cummins91, @vicsuna, @abigail, @Carovie, @thfc, @Hitch, @Ameer, @LimMouse, @freddie01, @Ulrik, @i1_principe, @BobEire, @doverwhite, @jimbo584, @Kingdom for, @AussieDex, @shrewd., @SgtTr, @michalciesla, @Duckets, @Apeyours, @Tyson Reyes, @NoFear@Rey86, @delfino@craigh, @BHAadamand @AndreBR.

Liking the price on my own team to beat Chelsea this weekend.  Spurs have won 4 of 5 PL fixtures (since Mourinho came in), Chelsea have lost 4 of 5 PL fixtures.  Those losses were also against bottom half teams including West Ham and Bournemouth at home, so it's not like they were playing teams at the top end of the table where a defeat could perhaps be justified.

Spurs have been winning, but not necessarily in a convincing way, other than the Burnley game.  However, winning while not playing well is no bad thing!

Chelsea used to have a massive hoodoo on spurs, but over recent seasons, Spurs have generally had the better of Chelsea in home games, winning twice (at Wembley) last season against them (1 PL, one league cup).  The feelgood factor seems to be coming back to the spurs players with players like Alli getting back to form, and i've just seen Toby A has signed a new contract which is a massive plus, as the defence has been a liability all season.  He is now clearly staying for the long term so hoping to see some stability at the back over the coming weeks, as scoring goals is not proving to be the problem.

I'm surprised spurs are as big as 2.4 to win the game.  Taking form into account, i'd have had spurs shorter and Chelsea bigger so very happy to take the price on spurs. 

I also think there will be goals in this one as spurs are still fragile defensively and the same for Chelsea.  Chelsea's away games have seen something like 37 goals in 8 games so will also take a punt on over 3.5 goals at 2.5.  

13 hours ago, Tiffy said:

So, its based purely on reputation.Thought as much

I think Leicester are a tempting price, but perhaps their form is tailing off a bit with the draws against Norwich and Everton.  I would rather be on Leicester/draw double result which can be had for 3.2 (betfair) but good luck if you go with Leicester outright.

15 hours ago, Tiffy said:

Can anyone explain why Leicester are 7/1?

They are 2nd in the League, in great form, and even the index ratings above have them higher than City.

surely they are worth a few sheckles?

Yeh I think the price is silly and it opens the door to a value bet. I have just taken Leicester +1.5 AH @ 1.884 Matchbook

Leicester's ELO is stronger. Key goal metrics are level. Leicester's defence is the best in EPL.

It's still going to be a proper tough test for Leicester and Man City are dangerous to oppose even with big asian lines as they are capable of running up cricket scores and making us all look stupid. Despite this I don't think we can really ignore the value bet on Leicester here. I was expecting to see Leicester +1.0 AH around EVS, to get +1.5 AH in a similar price region looks generous to me.

Manchester City vs Leicester

OK, so I'm going to wade into this discussion before all the bets are covered. I agree that the price is probably greatly influenced by reputation, as @Tiffy highlights, but @thfc also raises a point about Leicester's form potentially dropping off. I'm in @Mindfulness's camp where I think there is still value to be had in a handicap bet maybe. It's Manchester City versus Leicester in a 5:30pm GMT kick-off this Saturday evening so how's it looking overall?

Manchester City sit in 3rd place coming into this game and it hasn't been the easiest of campaigns for Pep Guardiola's side. Even if they manage to win this game they still won't overtake their opponents in the table. Is the focus this season purely on the Champions League or is their lack of squad depth starting to rear its ugly head. Can we face the reality that they haven't successfully managed to deal with the departure of Vincent Kompany yet? Just 3 wins in their last 6 league games isn't like the City we've all come to know these past few seasons. It's a disconcerting time for the Citizens fans.

Leicester fans must feel like it's deja vu with the club hitting unexpected heights this season. Brendan Rodgers is working miracles with the club in 2nd place and just 10 points behind league leaders Liverpool. Yes, 10 points is a big gap but when you consider the Reds have only dropped 2 points all season then you realise how well the Foxes have done to stay relatively in touch. It's title winning form in any other season really. However, the draw to Norwich in the league last weekend and the draw against Everton in the EFL Cup Quarter-Finals in midweek, albeit winning on pens eventually, has led to questions being asked.

I'm really excited about this game. I've said all season that something just isn't quite right at City this season. I think the injuries they've had have really rocked them and I actually think Pep is getting unsettled. Not sure why but I think maybe he wants that Champions League trophy again and he doesn't feel his team is good enough to win it. It kind of feels like he's written this season off already or it's the Champions League or nothing. I think they'll probably win this one but Leicester are worth backing as a handicap and I'll always back my boy Jamie Vardy to get on the score sheet.

Leicester +2 @ 1.85 with SpreadEx

Anytime Scorer: Jamie Vardy @ 3.00 with Betfred

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Premier League

Aston Villa have conceded 2 goals or more in each of their last 4 matches in Premier League.
Southampton conceded at least 1 goal in each of their last 12 matches in Premier League.
There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Arsenal’s last 5 games in Premier League.
Leicester have won with at least a 2 goal margin in their last 4 away matches in Premier League.
There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Man City’s last 8 games in Premier League.

You can find interesting 54 Football Betting Streaks for 21.12.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-21-12-2019-17077

Newcastle Utd vs Crystal Palace

Newcastle Utd

Doubtful: Jonjo Shelvey (11/5 m, top scorer), Miguel Almiron (16/0 m)

Out (injuries/other): Ki Sung-Yeung (3/0 m), Allan Saint-Maximin (11/1 m), Ciaran Clark (9/2 d), Jamaal Lascelles (12/1 d, captain), Matt Ritchie (3/0 m)

Suspended: -

Crystal Palace

Doubtful: Patrick van Aanholt (15/2 d), Scott Dann (5/0 d), Jairo Riedewald (2/0 m)

Out (injuries/other): Andros Townsend (14/1 m), Gary Cahill (12/0 d), Jeffrey Schlupp (14/2 d), Joel Ward (13/0 d)

Suspended: Mamadou Sakho (5/0 d)

Norwich City vs Wolverhampton

Norwich City

Doubtful: Grant Hanley (3/0 d)

Out (injuries/other): Ben Godfrey (17/0 d), Josip Drmic (8/1 f), Timm Klose (0/0 d)

Wolverhampton

Doubtful: Morgan Gibbs-White (3/0 m)

Out (injuries/other): Willy Boly (8/0 d)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Selling the time of first corners today.

leicester sell@ 30 - Leicester have proved profitable for me in the corner market, and there is nothing to suggest that they won't have a corner in the first half hour. I can see them going at City on the counter attack from the start.

Norwich sell@ 19 - At home &  In the relegation zone and are going to have to come out and get the crowd going early doors. 

Everton Sell@ 17 - Market settled at 3 whilst I have been writing this. But another team who were at home looking to impress the new boss.

Burnley sell@ 24 - Away at Bournemouth, I'd be surprised if Burnley waited till the 24th minute for a corner given the way they play, against Bournemouth's depleted squad. 

Aston Villa, Corner supremacy V Southampton - Sell@ 1.5 - The ratings above indicate that Saints are playing attacking football, and Villa may be feeling a bit under par after their cup game midweek. I can see Saints having more CORNERS than Villa in this game.

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Premier League

Watford have failed to win in their last 8 home matches in Premier League.
Manchester Utd have been undefeated in their last 6 matches in Premier League.
76% of Tottenham’s matches had over 2.5 goals scored in Premier League.
Chelsea conceded at least 1 goal in 100% of their away matches in Premier League.

You can find interesting 47 Football Betting Streaks for 22.12.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-22-12-2019-17113

5 hours ago, Tiffy said:

Selling the time of first corners today.

leicester sell@ 30 - Leicester have proved profitable for me in the corner market, and there is nothing to suggest that they won't have a corner in the first half hour. I can see them going at City on the counter attack from the start.

Norwich sell@ 19 - At home &  In the relegation zone and are going to have to come out and get the crowd going early doors. 

Everton Sell@ 17 - Market settled at 3 whilst I have been writing this. But another team who were at home looking to impress the new boss.

Burnley sell@ 24 - Away at Bournemouth, I'd be surprised if Burnley waited till the 24th minute for a corner given the way they play, against Bournemouth's depleted squad. 

Aston Villa, Corner supremacy V Southampton - Sell@ 1.5 - The ratings above indicate that Saints are playing attacking football, and Villa may be feeling a bit under par after their cup game midweek. I can see Saints having more CORNERS than Villa in this game.

I can't believe that Leicester didn't have a penalty, ffs!!

Both matches today looks to me like good options for Over 2.5 bets or BTTS

Watford obviously better with new manager, they had chances against Liverpool and with United defense conceding in every match, there is no reason why they won't concede today. Also, with Pogba back and forwards playing together for some time, United will also score. Something like 2:1, 2:2 is on cards I think. Add to this, in last 4 seasons both over 2.5 and BTTS has been winning bets in this match.

Chelsea and Spurs also conceding for fun recently, so it should be expected to see goals in this match as well. Although, lower stake I guess as it is a derby and probably more pressure.

Edited by StevieDay1983
Deleted advertised link

Tottenham vs Chelsea

The big game this weekend comes in the Premier League at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium at 4:30pm GMT on Sunday afternoon when local rivals Tottenham take on Chelsea. These two sides are looking to compete to qualify for a Champions League spot this season and the outcome of this game could have a huge impact on how their fates end come May.

Tottenham made the controversial decision to sack Mauricio Pochettino and replace him with Jose Mourinho. It divided the fan base but, by all accounts, I thought it was a decent appointment and it's started very positively. Mourinho has led the club to 4 wins from the 5 league games he's been in charge and they've qualified for the last 16 of the Champions League. The revitalisation of Dele Alli has been the stand-out mark of Mourinho's reign so far with the England international scoring 3 goals in the league since Mourinho came in and having bagged 5 goals in his last 4 games against Chelsea he has to be worth an anytime scorer shout here.

Chelsea have been a bit rickety recently. Frank Lampard's men have lost 4 of their last 5 league games. This drop in form has seen the Blues just about hold onto their 4th place position in the league table but the chasing pack have now caught up. In fact, Tottenham will leapfrog their opponents if they win this game. The West London club have lost 15 matches in 2019. A defeat here would give them the most number of losses in a calendar year since they suffered 17 back in 1994.

Spurs come into this game knowing they've won 3 of their last 5 meetings with Chelsea. To add to this, Chelsea have only won 2 of their last 13 away league games against Tottenham. I can see that poor record continuing. I'm not sure what's quite going wrong with Chelsea at the moment. Is it a blip? Has the magic of Frank run out? Tottenham are in the ascendancy and Chelsea look lost. I can only see this ending one way.

Tottenham to Win @ 2.40 with Sportingbet

Anytime Scorer: Dele Alli @ 3.75 with William Hill

Nigel Pearson is big motivatior,I will post a link from youtube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bA5jHmNJvQ),but look from minute of 2:44 to 4:11 where he is making a incredible speech,so inspirational where his footballer will die for him and for the club.But his main weakness is his ego.Because hi is so explosive,like as old school Manager where are trying with that kind of speech try to motivate the squad.Watford are team with potential especially in offensive where have to wings like Delofeu and Sarr who can make a difference in any kind of situation.Perrerya also with his smart movement,Capoue and Doucoure with their excellent positioning,good defensive work rate and dirty play in middle of the field(I mean on duels,air duels and something like that.)Main weaknesses for Watford are thay Full backs and Centar Backs,losing concetration after minute of 60 and finishing the score chances.Thats where Nigel Pearson needs to take a main focus.Anybody who watched match Watford again Liverpool can say that they can defende smartly and can get from the pressure smartly without long balls on Denney.