** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

European Masters (plus qualifiers)

Fader

Qualifiers for the European Masters get underway tomorrow, in the Barnsley Metrodome. Not really an event I care to get too involved in, but it is a "first to 5" atleast. The one I like is McGill (-2.5 frames) to beat Mann. McGill beat Mann 6-1 in the World Championships only a couple of weeks ago. Mann has since gone out in R1 at the Scottish Open also.

The other I like is Higginson against Tom Ford. Higginson beat Ford 4-0 a month ago and Ford has very poor form this season.

5pts A.McGill (-2.5 frames) to beat M.Mann evens bet365
4pts A.Higginson to beat T.Ford 6/4 bet365

Not the best day yesterday but plenty of time to turn it around. I'm going to take Fan Zhengyi on the handicap over Ben Woollaston. Zhengyi is a decent young chinese player who has been testing for many top players recently. He pushed Carter to a decider at the Scottish Open and beat Yuelong along the way. He's looking like a player settling. Woollaston is obviously the better player but lost 4-1 at the Scottish Open to Dott and his scoring hasn't been good.

I'll take Ebdon to beat Anda next. I just think Anda can be very hot and cold and you normally get what you expect from Ebdon. He normally will grind down his opponent and bore him to death and be quite consistent and i think that will be enough. The White Vs Miah match I initially was going to take Jimmy but looking at his recent results really puts me off. You can forgive him for a few of them, but he has only beaten Mohammed Khairy and Ryan Day this season. Miah isn't a great player but he's beaten Georgiou and Gould this season.

I'll also go with Highfield to beat O'Brien. Highfield has a good record against Ferg and is playing well. Quite annoying really he beat Jordan Brown in a decider with Brown being 3-2 up when I backed Brown. This put me off me backing Brown to beat Gilbert and ofcourse Brown beats him so I've gone for a few outsiders today and low stakes.

2.5pts F.Zhengyi (+2.5 frames) to beat B.Woollaston 4/5 unibet
6pts L.Highfield to beat F.O'Brien 4/6 bet365
6pts J.O'Connor to beat L.Walker 4/6 bet365
5pts H.Miah to beat J.White evens bet365
3pts P.Ebdon to beat Z.Anda evens unibet
2pts M.Dunn to beat M.Selt 9/4 bet365
1.5pts D.Jones to beat S.Bingham 5/1 bet365
1pt A.Ursenbacher to beat D.Junhui 9/2 bet365
1pt P.Lei to beat J.Higgins 10/1 ladbrokes
1pt I.Burns to beat J.Trump 11/1 boylesports

9 hours ago, Donnyb63 said:

What do you think about the Jimmy white v hammad miah game tomorrow mate? 

I think Miah wins. White just isn't scoring well enough at the moment. If you take away that strange win against Day, he's only beaten an amateur this season.

56 minutes ago, Donnyb63 said:

Done bingtao highfield double highfield 2 0 up and misses frame ball for 3 0 unreal it's a mugs game all of it impossible to get on a run

Yeah, it's so random. Miah 2-0 and 3-1 up and now 4-3 down. Highfield 2-0 up and cruising and O'Brien turns into O'Sullivan although that's now 3-3.

argh so angry with Miah. Utter dross! 

Pretty poor day once again but some light in the awfulness was an 11/1 winner on Burns beating Trump. A few I like for tomorrow. First up is Li Hang to beat Haotian. Already beaten him 5-2 at the German Masters. Next up, i'm taking on Higgins again. Pei got in multiple times and should have had atleast a deciding frame against Higgins but bottled it everytime. Sijun is abit more classy, and has beaten Higgins in both head-2-heads.

I'll also take on Bingham again. Again really, Bingham let his opponent in multiple times and he couldn't produce. Wenbo will take his chances more and beat Bingham in their last head-2-head. I'll take Bingtao on the handicap against Hicks. Hicks was lucky enough to get a fellow "loser" in the last round in the way that both have lost all matches this season. Now Hicks has won once but Bingtao is in form. I'm also tempted by Selby, but I want -2.5 not -3.5. White could get 2 frames in reality.

6pts Li Hang to beat L.Haotian 4/6 bet365
7pts Y.Bingtao (-2.5 frames) to beat A.Hicks 4/7 bet365
2.5pts Y.Sijun to beat J.Higgins 12/5 bet365
2.5pts L.Wenbo to beat S.Bingham 31/20 bet365

I'm going to add Jordan Brown to beat Robbie Williams today. Quite annoying really that he beat Gilbert as I was so close to tipping it due to his match against Highfield previously when I backed him. Robbie Williams done well to beat Stevens but you wonder how serious he takes these events, much like Gilbert I guess. Brown has every chance in this match

4pts J,Brown to beat R.Williams 13/8 bet365

Glad I left White alone but should have left Brown and Hang alone too. Wenbo beats Bingham and Bingtao does the business but all in all a bad tournament qualification filled with weird results and odd turnarounds. Fingers crossed my form and luck turns around for the German Masters qualifiers, which starts tomorrow.

5/19 snooker bets - -21pts

• 1 month later...

This continues on Wednesday, in Austria. A ranking event where the winner gets 80k. Here is the draw :

D.Wells Vs M.Holt
T.Pengfei Vs A.Carter
R.Milkins Vs D.Junhui
S.Donaldson Vs K.Wilson
J.Higgins Vs F.O'Brien
R.Williams Vs T.Un-Nooh
G.Dott Vs L.Wenbo
L.Haotian Vs N.Robertson
M.Williams Vs Z.Yuelong

J.Page Vs Y.Bingtao
D.Lilley Vs B.Hawkins
J.Jones Vs M.Selby
L.Ning Vs M.Fu
A.Burden Vs X.Guodong
G.Wilson Vs L.Brecel
M.White Vs Z.Xintong

Quite an open event I think. Won by Trump 2 years running in 2016/2017 but in 2018 a Jimmy Robertson Vs Joe Perry final shows we could have some shocks here. Not to mention that the Masters has literally just finished in the UK and now they're out in Austria. A short flight perhaps, but still not a great time of recovery there for the likes of Ali Carter atleast.

Looking at the top half, I'm going to leave Ali Carter well alone. I think Pengfei has a good chance against him actually. In the top half it very much looks like Neil Robertson should make it through. You'd have to say that the Masters was abit of a bizarre one for him after being 5-1 up and losing much like Kyren Wilson. I'm going to take Scott Donaldson each-way though. He has a hard route and that is reflected in his price.

In the bottom half it looks much juicier and abit more value too. I'm going with Gary Wilson to do well here. He has players that he has beaten and has a good h2h record against such as Brecel and Xintong and he's always scoring well. I'll take some chinese guys at huge prices as outsiders also. Xintong can be dangerous and so i want that cover. Guodong and Yuelong both also have the quality and Mark Williams is so bad right now I want a few players from the bottom half.

1pt e/w g.wilson to win European Masters 25/1 betvictor
0.5pts e/w z.xintong to win European Masters 40/1 betvictor
0.5pts e/w guodong to win Eueopean Masters 66/1 ladbrokes
0.5pts e/w S.Donaldson to win European Masters 125/1 bet365
0.5pts e/w z.Yuelong to win European Masters 66/1 888sport

Match betting :

I''m going to take Wenbo to beat Dott tomorrow morning. Dott has a 5-3 head-to-head lead in this matchup, however Wenbo has won the last 2. Not played against eachother since 2016 but Wenbo won both 4-0 and 4-1.It's Wenbo's form in this event that has impressed me so far though. Wins over Wakelin and Bingham. Top players and scoring 4 centuries and 5 50+ breaks in those 2 matches.

4pts L.Wenbo to beat G.Dott 5/4 bet365

Draw continues to look open. Wenbo didn't really turn up for me this morning, however Donaldson and Guodong go through in the outrights, so I'll take that. Looking at tomorrow here is the line-up :

G.Wilson Vs L.Brecel
M.Williams Vs Z.Yuelong
M.White Vs Z.Xintong
G.Dott Vs N.Robertson
D.Junhui Vs S.Donaldson
J.Higgins Vs T.Un-Nooh
M.Holt Vs A.Carter
B.Hawkins Vs M.Selby
M.Fu Vs Guodong

We also have the start of the Quarter-finals tomorrow evening. I'm going to take on Mark Williams tomorrow because he just looked woeful at the Masters. Yuelong is a good player and a player that has beaten Williams in the past. An event like this isn't going to be high priority for Mark Williams for sure. If the Masters can't get him reignited, I'm not sure what else can. I see him dropping out of the top 32 soon.

I'll also take Holt to beat Carter. I was going to tip up Holt pre-tournament as he's a player i do like and a player in form but I went with Donaldson instead for that section of the group. I still think Carter is going to be on abit of a low and although he battled back to beat Pengfei, I see Holt having more one table visits and edging this

4pts Z.Yuelong to beat M.Williams 13/8 bet365
4pts M.Holt to beat A.Carter 13/8 bet365

2020 snooker bets -4pts

All 5 of the outright bets through to the Last 16. Unfortunetely, I'll lose one tonight for certain when Gary Wilson takes on Xintong. Lots of matches later and a few of these players playing twice in one day. By tonight we'll know the final 8 left for the Quarter-finals.

2020 snooker bets +2.5pts

Another close call for Carter. A deciding frame win over Holt. Glad to see Yuelong go through against Williams. So many matches today and we are down to the final 8 tomorrow.

1PM - A.Carter Vs S.Donaldson
1PM - T.Un-Nooh Vs N.Robertson
7PM - Z.Yuelong Vs B.Hawkins
7PM - M.Fu Vs G.Wilson

3 of my outrights remain and id quite like all through to the semi-finals please. Carter Vs Donaldson should be a close one. Carter hasn't been at his best. 5 50+ breaks in 17 frames. Donaldson is a man in form at the start of this season. You don't beat Kyren Wilson and Ding Junhui 5-2 each without top form and them combined 14 frames has yielded 1 century and 7 50+ breaks. There only h2h was in the Championship league a few weeks back and Donaldson won 3-1. I'm on Donaldson on the outright, but I'm not sure if he goes on to beat Neil Robertson in a semi-final and so I'll take a small punt on Donaldson here.

I'm going to take a look at the evening games tomorrow lunchtime. 

2.5pts S.Donaldson to beat A.Carter 13/10 william hill

2020 snooker bets - 3.5pts

59 minutes ago, notanotherdonkey said:

Yes carter match could go either way but past results means nothing and it is all on the day on how they both perform.Good Luck.

if it can go either way i would rather the better odds then. Past results do matter when it was a couple of weeks ago and how they perform on the day you could say about anything. Current tournament form points toward Donaldson. Either way, the highest break looks a great price.

god what a ridiculous fluke Carter just got at 3-1. That should have been 3-2 and game on. Ah well that's the end of that. I hate flukes in snooker like that. Robertson will deal with Carter quite easily in the semi-finals for my money.

Looking to later, I'll take Hawkins -1.5. I have Yuelong outright but Hawkins looked strong on table lastnight and did well to win the deciding frame after losing 4 in a row from a resurgent Selby. In the other match I like Wilson, but Fu is playing well enough for me to leave that match alone.

5pts B.Hawkins -1.5 frames to beat Z.Yuelong 11/10 williamhill

On 1/21/2020 at 4:30 PM, Fader said:

Quite an open event I think. Won by Trump 2 years running in 2016/2017 but in 2018 a Jimmy Robertson Vs Joe Perry final shows we could have some shocks here. Not to mention that the Masters has literally just finished in the UK and now they're out in Austria. A short flight perhaps, but still not a great time of recovery there for the likes of Ali Carter atleast.

Looking at the top half, I'm going to leave Ali Carter well alone. I think Pengfei has a good chance against him actually. In the top half it very much looks like Neil Robertson should make it through. You'd have to say that the Masters was abit of a bizarre one for him after being 5-1 up and losing much like Kyren Wilson. I'm going to take Scott Donaldson each-way though. He has a hard route and that is reflected in his price.

In the bottom half it looks much juicier and abit more value too. I'm going with Gary Wilson to do well here. He has players that he has beaten and has a good h2h record against such as Brecel and Xintong and he's always scoring well. I'll take some chinese guys at huge prices as outsiders also. Xintong can be dangerous and so i want that cover. Guodong and Yuelong both also have the quality and Mark Williams is so bad right now I want a few players from the bottom half.

1pt e/w g.wilson to win European Masters 25/1 betvictor
0.5pts e/w z.xintong to win European Masters 40/1 betvictor
0.5pts e/w guodong to win Eueopean Masters 66/1 ladbrokes
0.5pts e/w S.Donaldson to win European Masters 125/1 bet365
0.5pts e/w z.Yuelong to win European Masters 66/1 888sport

66/1 finalist Yuelong gets a 33/1 placing.

I couldn't get on last couple days but glad to see Yuelong make the final at big odds.

Robertson owned everybody this week. Smashed Carter and then Smashed Yuelong in the final.

snooker bets 2020 - +1.5pts