** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

NIFL & Cymru Premier Predictions > Dec 13th & 14th

Newtown vs Carmarthen

It's a more low-key preview in the Cymru Premier for me this week. Newtown taking on Carmarthen in a 2:30pm GMT kick-off at Latham Park probably isn't a game that's at the top of everyone's prediction list but I thought there's enough value there to make it worth looking at. Can the home team move into the Europa League play-off spots or will the visitors cut the gap at the bottom of the table.

Newtown have earned their fair share of decent results this season. Chris Hughes will want to see his side performing slightly better than their current 8th place in the table. Last season's 5th placed finish meant expectations were high heading into this game but inconsistency has foiled the Robins this year so far. A solid home record of just 1 loss in 7 matches in the league has been a great foundation but their away form has let them down. However, with back-to-back away wins, is the tide turning?

Carmarthen sit rock bottom of the league with just 7 points from 16 matches. It makes for some very grim reading for the Old Gold fans. The club is now 3 points adrift at the foot of the table and need to start picking up points soon. The hope for Kristian O'Leary's men is that their away record is better than their home record in the league. That's not saying much given they've only won 1 game on the road this season. That's better than the total of 2 points achieved at home! The past three games have been nothing short of a disaster. Three defeats, no goals scored, and 8 goals conceded.

I'm going to back Newtown to win this all day long. Carmarthen picked up that shock 3-0 win away to Cardiff Met Uni back on 16th November but it now appears that was a freak result given their form since. Newtown have picked up 3 wins from their last 4 games and they're on the verge of building some momentum. I think they'll pick up a business-like win here.

Newtown to Win @ 1.85 with Betway

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.78 with Marathonbet

Nothing for me in Northern Ireland, as I have said before Linfield are becoming the top team again and are top of the league despite having played 2 games less. The problem is that at 1/12 away to bottom side Warrenpoint, I can't even put them in an acca at that price.

I have to agree with @StevieDay1983that Newtown are worth a bet at home to Carmarthen. I also looked at Newi CD(Won 2-0) (draw no bet 13/8) at home to Connah's Quay. After a poor start they have won 6 of their last 7 games, whilst Connah's Quay have wavered a bit.

However , my bet is a double on Caernarfon(Won 5-0) and TNS(Won 4-1) that pays around evens. Caernarfon have won their last 6 home games, and TNS are hiiting their stride.

Edited by Bang on
scores added

Only a brief post from me this week as I'm away.  I agree with @StevieDay1983 and @Bang on that Newtown are worth a shout.  I'm  on Caernarfon because they were 6/5 when the prices came out, but are  now a more realistic 4/6  or so.

I've also taken Rhyl at Bet365's 10/11.  Llangefni didn't impress me in losing 3-0 at home last week and I'm happy to take them on against a side who are much higher in the table, albeit struggling for a bit of form.