Announcements
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
Sign in to follow this  
StevieDay1983

L1, L2, and Scottish Predictions > Dec 10th - 15th

Accrington Stanley vs Portsmouth

The League One preview of this week is a bit of a big call but I fancy a ballsy move this weekend for some reason. Accrington Stanley play Portsmouth in a 3pm GMT kick-off this Saturday afternoon at the Crown Ground. These two mid-table sides have been playing reasonably well lately so will there be any ground given when they go head-to-head in this clash?

Accrington Stanley pulled off the shock result of their season when they beat Bolton 7-1 a couple of weeks back. John Coleman's men followed that up with a hard-working 1-1 draw away to Tranmere. Those two performances have given their fans hope that survival is certainly a likely possibility. Things were looking grim before those two results but the team is now in 18th place and 5 points clear of the relegation zone.

Portsmouth have been flying recently. Kenny Jackett's side are 10th in the table and just 3 points off the play-off places. It's now 7 league games without defeat for Pompey and there's enough evidence to suggest they'd be a fair bet to back to win in this game. Their away form remains a sticking point with just 2 wins from their 8 away matches in the league.

The ELO ratings are favouring Accrington Stanley for this one and that favour has increased greatly over their past two home games. Just 1 loss from their last 5 home league games shows a team that are beginning to turn their home ground into a fortress. I'm not confident in them taking all 3 points in this game but with these two sides starting to build up a huge wedge of confidence in their own play I can certainly see value in the draw.

Draw @ 3.60 with Betfred

BTTS @ 1.71 with RedZone

Football Facts and Streaks regarding League One

Blackpool have drawn their last 4 away matches in League One.
Southend have lost with at least a 2 goal margin in their last 4 home matches in League One.
Coventry have drawn 88% of their last 8 away matches in League One.
Wycombe have kept a clean sheet in their last 5 matches in League One.

You can find interesting 68 Football Betting Streaks for 14.12.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-14-12-2019-16916

Ipswich Town vs Bristol Rovers

Ipswich Town

Doubtful: Luke Chambers (15/1 d, captain)

Out (injuries/other): Freddie Sears (0/0 f), Kane Vincent-Young (9/2 d), Teddy Bishop (0/0 m), Jack Lankester (0/0 f), Tristan Nydam (0/0 m)

Suspended: Gwion Edwards (14/2 m)

Bristol Rovers

Doubtful: Tom Davies (15/1 d)

Out (injuries/other): Josh Hare (8/0 m), Sam Matthews (0/0 m)

Suspended: Abu Ogogo (17/3 m)

Lincoln City vs Tranmere Rovers

Lincoln City

Doubtful: Ben Coker (0/0 m),

Out (injuries/other): Michael O’Connor (13/1 m), Jason Shackell (16/1 d), Bruno Andrade (17/1 f)

Suspended: -

Tranmere Rovers

Doubtful: -

Out (injuries/other): Cameron Borthwick-Jackson (3/0 d), Ishmael Miller (0/0 f), Jordan Ponticelli (1/0 f), Harvey Gilmour (2/0 m), Ollie Banks (10/3 m), Mark Ellis (0/0 d), Evan Gumbs (0/0 d)

Suspended: -

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Crewe vs Mansfield

League Two gets some attention this week again when we preview the game between Crewe and Mansfield that is scheduled to kick-off at 3pm GMT on Saturday afternoon at Gresty Road. The two sides are experience different fortunes this season but will the result of this match reflect how their seasons have gone so far or will we see a change in form here?

Crewe find themselves in 5th place in the league and just 1 point outside the automatic promotion places. It's been a very positive start for David Artell and his players as they continue to show an encouraging evolution under this current management regime. A winless run of three league games has been halted with a 5-0 victory over Morecambe and a 0-0 drew against Forest Green Rovers. Improved performances give me reason to feel they are worth backing in this one. That's particularly the case with just 1 defeat in their last 6 home league matches this season.

Mansfield have so far failed to build on last season's play-off finish. The inexperienced John Dempster replaced David Flitcroft as manager in the summer but he's not managed to continue the high level of performance from last season. The Stags are in 18th place and 6 points above the relegation zone. It's now 4 league games without a win as the poor form continues. There is hope for their fans with the club's away form being far better than their home results. Unfortunately, even their away form is just 1 win from their last 4 league games.

The smart money appears to be with Crewe here. The ELO ratings are showing favour towards them in the last few games. Mansfield just aren't clicking this season. I've only witnessed the odd performance from them but changing manager can often see a change in philosophy and fortune. Sadly for them, it doesn't seem to be working out and I wonder when the Mansfield board will consider a change. They may be forced to move a step closer to making it after this game.

Crewe to Win @ 1.84 with Marathonbet

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.80 with Betfair

While i aggree that Mansfield is completely clueless this season and they have squad to compete for playoffs at least, i dont see much value in home win and after all, its league two, super unpredictable. So when i have odds below 2.00 on two teams i find even strength, but for various reasons one perform better, i just stay away. I like your over 2.5, i am sure Mansfield will score at least once, so lets hope Crewe will score at least two times so both of your bets win! :)

BTW, Bradford is getting a lot of their players back from injuries and Reeves is also one of them, he already had man of the match display, so i think i will follow them closely in next few weeks untill bookies start to acknowledge that, especially at home.

Celtic v Hibs.

Hibs are going with a very attack minded team today which means this game has goals written all over it. If we're open and attacking then there's no way we'll keep a clean sheet at Parkhead and at the other end we'll create plenty as well. The odds on BTTS look good to me. 

BTTS - YES @ 2.00 - 2 pts 

Hibs win @ 17.00 - 0.5 pts

Edited by allyhibs