** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat - Sunday Dec 8th

The Peterborough Chase despite the small field will be significant for one reason and one only,the mare La Bague Au Roi.If she cannot win this on these terms you can forget her in terms of the King George etc even though an intermediate trip.She is the only one who has pretentions to winning a Grade 1 this season and if she does not win this you can forget her winning in the top grade even against her own sex,too many good mares around this season but luckily for her,hurdlers with no plans as yet to target her plan.

She will have to show more spark than last time but the ground was against her,unless the weather deteriorates between now and the off I would say she is a solid bet in this unless she has regressed by a stone or more.Connections feel the same and only a win will suffice for their planned map.At 2/1 it is not a great incentive to get involved but if her trainer and owners are to be believed and trusted she is 100% as ready as she can be to win,being beaten is not an option in terms of the season.

Here might seem a contradiction in betting terms but I think it is within the realms of a profit.Two females and both absolutely trying i.e Miss Elsa at 9/2 is a huge place at very least in the next at Wolves and doubled with La Bague seems a no lose bet,the win double obviously but even a place for both produces a reasonable profit.