** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Premier League Predictions > Dec 7th - 9th

A few odds standing out for me.

Man City v Man Utd

BTTS @ 1.85 (Coral). Massive odds when you consider City have now went 8 games without a clean sheet. As poor as Utd have been they haven't lost to any top team yet. I don't see any reason for them not to get a goal at the Etihad. 

Watford v Crystal Palace

Crystal Palace To Win Draw No Bet @ 2.25 (Unibet) or 2.20 (pretty much everywhere else). For me you will struggle to find a better bet at the weekend. Watford have 1 win to their name this season and that was against Norwich. They've been beaten comfortably by weaker sides than Palace and Palace have only really dropped points against top teams this year (Leicester, Liverpool, Man City). Anytime they play teams of the same calbire they always seem to come out on top. If they don't come away with all 3 points they'll be kicking themselves here but I highly doubt they'll leave with nothing.

Surprised to see Crystal Palace above 3s for the Watford game.  Watford are yet to win at home, and only have the one win all season.  Still no manager either.  Palace are well organised and I think they should be shorter for this game so I see some value in Palace at around 3.2.  I know they have some personnel missing in defence, but they are playing Watford so hardly the most dangerous attacking team!  Palace have also had an extra day of rest for this game.

Going to also tip spurs to win and both teams to score which can be had for 2.9 (coral).  The reasoning being that spurs defence has been struggling, conceding 2 goals in all four games since Mourinho came in.  I'm not entirely confident spurs will win and they are definitely not value at 1.4 to win outright.  However, Burnley have wobbled in their last two games, and defensively seem to be struggling more than normal so if spurs do win I can't see it being to nil the way the team are playing.

And finally, going to give Aston Villa +1 a go at just below evens.  Leicester aren't going to keep winning every game, and I think this is a tough game.  Villa gave Liverpool a good game a couple of weeks back and were unlucky not to draw, and also got a deserved draw at Man U last weekend, though they were poor against Chelsea in midweek.  Leicester were perhaps a bit lucky to beat Everton, and had to rely on a dodgy penalty and 95th minute goal to beat Watford so perhaps there are signs they aren't playing quite as well as results would suggest.  I don't think it would be a surprise if this ended in a draw, or even if Aston Villa were to win, so i'm happy to lay Leicester in this game.

Manchester City vs Manchester United

The Premier League festive season schedule begins to gain some traction this weekend. It's the Manchester derby between Manchester City and Manchester United in a 5:30pm GMT kick-off this Saturday evening. Both teams desperately want to win this and with the visitors beginning to show signs of positive results again this might not be as straight forward as it might have seemed for the hosts.

Manchester City find themselves in the precarious position of 3rd place. The gap between Pep Guardiola's men and league leaders Liverpool is now 11 points. Have their chances of retaining the league title all but died already? Just 2 wins in their last 4 league games might not raise an eyebrow for most teams but the two games suffered by City where points were dropped must be seen as borderline catastrophic. A 3-1 loss away to title rivals Liverpool and a 2-2 draw away against an average Newcastle side. The 4-1 destruction of Burnley in midweek was a perfect response. City's home form is also still impressive this season with 5 wins and 1 draw from their 7 league games at home.

Manchester United seemed to be set to sack Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and replace him with the former Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino only a couple of weeks ago. However, it's now 4 league games undefeated for the Red Devils including a quality 2-1 win at home against Tottenham in midweek. The club is now in 6th place but they have drifted 8 points off the pace of the top four so might need a miracle to get back into the Champions League this season. The real issue is United's awful away form. Just 1 win in their 7 away matches in the league this season.

I think we all expect City to dominate this game. You all know my thoughts on Solskjaer as a manager. It's only a matter of time before he goes on another poor run and then the inevitable will happen. United haven't kept a clean sheet in league action since their 1-0 win over Leicester back on 14th September. That vulnerable defence could be in for a hiding here. City to win and their fight back to make the title race interesting to continue.

Manchester City HT/FT @ 1.95 with Coral

Manchester City -1 @ 1.87 with SportNation

@Mindfulness, @Pep004, @MaliMisko12, @betcatalog, @sajtion, @godofhorses, @Tiffy, @waynecoyne, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @Duke_Tm, @dogmeister, @Arkadi Manucharov, @derbent, @fat, @allyhibs, @6avin24, @discipline, @the bastardian, @Bronxie, @Bett@KikoCy, @teddybear3011, @markus808, @allthethings, @Kenton Schweppes, @vasilli07, @Dylan Lynch, @neilovan, @JKos, @zemo91, @kulikTS, @mrclubbie, @Judeksi, @Henind666, @Teodore, @kilkenny1, @newjack, @PokerWolf1, @Dave1X2, @real55555, @jazzman02, @Ameer13, @Gedkip, @mcsilks, @MangoTheThird, @Roy The Boy, @DonPaulo, @Duckets, @yossa6133, @sjuesju, @dylanphan, @thfc, @Dboston, @Dr. Florida192, @money44, @1moregoal, @ggm31v, @EuroDream, @ndanmak, @cummins91, @vicsuna, @abigail, @Carovie, @thfc, @Hitch, @Ameer, @LimMouse, @freddie01, @Ulrik, @i1_principe, @BobEire, @doverwhite, @jimbo584, @Kingdom for, @AussieDex, @shrewd., @SgtTr, @michalciesla, @Duckets, @Apeyours, @Tyson Reyes, @NoFear@Rey86, @delfino@craighand @AndreBR.

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Premier League

There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Chelsea’s last 7 away games in Premier League.
Watford have conceded 2 goals or more in each of their last 3 matches in Premier League.
67% of Crystal Palace’s matches had under 2.5 goals in Premier League.
Bournemouth have lost with a 1 goal margin in their last 4 matches in Premier League.
Liverpool are undefeated in their last 31 matches in Premier League.
Tottenham have scored in each of their last 7 matches in Premier League.

You can find interesting 52 Football Betting Streaks for 07.12.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-07-12-2019-16853

Everton FC vs Chelsea FC

Everton FC

Doubtful: Yerry Mina (14/0 d)

Out (injuries/other): Seamus Coleman (9/0 d, captain), Fabian Delph (7/0 m), Andre Gomes (8/0 m), Jean-Philippe Gbamin (2/0 m), Cuco Martina (0/0 d)

Suspended: -

(Everton FC coach Marco Silva has left the club.)

Chelsea FC

Doubtful: -

Out (injuries/other): Antonio Rudiger (1/0 d), Ruben Loftus-Cheek (0/0 m), Marco van Ginkel (0/0 m)

Bournemouth vs Liverpool FC

Bournemouth

Doubtful: Lloyd Kelly (0/0 d)

Out (injuries/other): Steve Cook (14/1 d), Adam Smith (10/0 d), Harry Wilson (14/6 m, top scorer, loan from Liverpool), Andrew Surman (3/0 m), Joshua King (12/3 f), David Brooks (0/0 m), Charlie Daniels (2/0 d), Junior Stanislas (0/0 m)

Liverpool FC

Doubtful: -

Out (injuries/other): Joel Matip (7/1 d), Nathaniel Clyne (0/0 d), Fabinho (12/1 m)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide.

Brighton vs Wolves

The Premier League action continues with a tricky game to predict on Sunday when Brighton host Wolves in a 4:30pm GMT kick-off from the Amex Stadium. Both of these clubs have had reasons to feel positive heading into the festive schedule recently. The home side bagged a stunning win over Arsenal in midweek and the away side are knocking on the door of the top four. Who will prevail here?

Brighton fans are having a rollercoaster of a season so far. Graham Potter has oddly been handed a whopping contract extension after a seemingly encouraging start to his tenure at the club. The Seagulls are 13th in the league table and 4 points above the relegation zone. Clearly, Tony Bloom and the board are happy with the work Potter is doing including the playing philosophy he's instilled within the club. Is it a naive decision? Before the midweek win, Brighton had lost their previous 3 league games. However, they do come into this game having won 3 of their last 4 home league matches.

Wolves appear to have found the right balance between succeeding in the league and having a proper go at the Europa League. Nuno Santo's side are 5th in the league table and only 6 points off the pace of the Champions League qualification spots. The club has also qualified for the last 32 of the Europa League with a game to spare in the group stage. After a slow start to their league game, Wanderers are now 10 league games undefeated. It's also only 1 defeat on the road in the league, although they have draw 4 matches away as well. 

It's interesting to see how much Brighton have actually dominated this fixture over recent years. The Seagulls have only lost 1 of the last 10 encounters between these two teams. That being said, I'm swaying towards a draw in this one. Why? Well, not only have Wolves notched up a majority of draws in their away games but 5 of the last 10 matches between these two have ended in a draw too. I was tempted to back a Wolves win but I do think Brighton will be buoyant after that Arsenal win and hold out.

Draw @ 3.28 with Marathonbet

BTTS @ 1.95 with Bet365

Leicester have scored at least 2 goals in their last 7 matches in Premier League.
Leicester have won their last 7 matches in Premier League.
Sheff Utd have drawn 86% of their last 7 away matches in Premier League.
Leicester have kept a clean sheet in 83% of their last 6 matches in Premier League.
There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 90% of Aston Villa’s last 10 games in Premier League.

You can find interesting 49 Football Betting Streaks for 08.12.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-08-12-2019-16856

Arsenal have failed to win in their last 7 matches in Premier League.
West Ham Utd conceded at least 1 goal in 71% of their home matches in Premier League.
Arsenal have conceded 2 goals or more in each of their last 4 matches in Premier League.
71% of West Ham Utd’s goals have been scored in the second half in Premier League.

You can find interesting 24 Football Betting Streaks for 09.12.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-09-12-2019-16862

West Ham vs Arsenal

The Monday Night Football game in the Premier League this week comes from the London Stadium where West Ham host Arsenal in an 8pm GMT kick-off. Both of these teams are really struggling for form lately. Another defeat for either side here would certainly set the alarm bells ringing but could a victory be the spark needed to get their season back on track?

West Ham started this season quite positively and it appeared at one stage that they might gatecrash the fight for the top four. Unfortunately, Manuel Pellegrini's men have really dropped off the pace over recent weeks only managing to earn 4 points from their last 8 league matches. The fact they have conceded 18 goals in their last 9 league games shows you exactly where the problem lies. The Hammers have also lost 3 of their last 4 home games. No other team in the top flight has lost more games on a Monday than West Ham.

Arsenal are probably one of the only teams West Ham will fancy their chances against right now. The sacking of Unai Emery has seen Freddie Ljungberg appointed as interim manager but his reign has started woefully with a draw against Norwich and a defeat to Brighton. The Gunners are without a win in 9 matches across all competitions. It is their worst run of results since 1977. That was the year Jimmy Carter was sworn in as US President. No win in their last 6 away league games makes for grim reading. They have also conceded two or more goals in their last 5 matches. Be wary about backing Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang as an anytime or first scorer bet as well. He might have bagged 8 goals in his last 10 matches for Arsenal but he's failed to score in his last three appearances against West Ham.

Head-to-head meetings show a favour towards Arsenal. West Ham might have won the last meeting but that ended a 7 game unbeaten run for the Gunners in this fixture. Arsenal haven't done too well at the London Stadium though only winning 1 of their last 4 visits and they have failed to score on their last two visits. I really feel Arsenal are in a stinking situation right now. If they were at home I'd just about back them but I really think West Ham will fancy themselves here. I am still cautious of the draw so I won't back West Ham to win outright but their odds are tempting.

West Ham Draw No Bet @ 2.50 with Bet365

Total Goals Scored Under 3.5 @ 1.80 with Betfair

Great preview as always @StevieDay1983

If there was ever a game you wanted to be on Amazon Prime it's this one. Even the most dedicated Arsenal fan would take 90 minutes of buffering over 5 minutes of Bellerin at the moment. Oh and thanks for the Aubamayang not scoring against West Ham in his last 3 appearances, Stevie. You've just woke up The Hammers back four.

This is probably one of the most unpredictable games you will find tonight ?. So much so ,that I'm going to tell you the exact result and how many corners there will be.

West Ham beat Chelsea 1-0 game before last. You know how? cause Chelsea had 30 shots on goal and didn't score any. If a fifth of their shots ON target went in
they'd have beaten them comfortably. They have been destroyed and play off the park in each of their last 5 games - including the win. Honestly, the ELO ratings must have sh*t themselves in that fixture.

Arsenal meanwhile have decided that there's no such thing as a mid-table battle and have dived worse than old Cristiano in the box. Quickly. They're looking like a team out of ideas. They're looking like a team that don't even want to come up with ideas. It's a bizarre situation and one that looks like it may continue, but, it can't, this is Arsenal. I hope and think much like Spurs they will reach a wall and decide that they will have to smash through that wall before anything good will happen, like winning a game.

I said this game was unpredictable but for the life of me I can't see how Arsenal can lose another game.I mean I can, too easily. With that said I actually think a draw may actually offer both managers a little light relief - although a win would most certainly give either manager a HUGE and well needed boost. What to do? How to play? Who knows?

I'm going against Stevie here but feel we will both end up with our wager back:
Arsenal to win draw no bet @ 1.55

Edited by craigh
Spelt Bellerin wrong like a boss

12 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

West Ham vs Arsenal

The Monday Night Football game in the Premier League this week comes from the London Stadium where West Ham host Arsenal in an 8pm GMT kick-off. Both of these teams are really struggling for form lately. Another defeat for either side here would certainly set the alarm bells ringing but could a victory be the spark needed to get their season back on track?

West Ham started this season quite positively and it appeared at one stage that they might gatecrash the fight for the top four. Unfortunately, Manuel Pellegrini's men have really dropped off the pace over recent weeks only managing to earn 4 points from their last 8 league matches. The fact they have conceded 18 goals in their last 9 league games shows you exactly where the problem lies. The Hammers have also lost 3 of their last 4 home games. No other team in the top flight has lost more games on a Monday than West Ham.

Arsenal are probably one of the only teams West Ham will fancy their chances against right now. The sacking of Unai Emery has seen Freddie Ljungberg appointed as interim manager but his reign has started woefully with a draw against Norwich and a defeat to Brighton. The Gunners are without a win in 9 matches across all competitions. It is their worst run of results since 1977. That was the year Jimmy Carter was sworn in as US President. No win in their last 6 away league games makes for grim reading. They have also conceded two or more goals in their last 5 matches. Be wary about backing Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang as an anytime or first scorer bet as well. He might have bagged 8 goals in his last 10 matches for Arsenal but he's failed to score in his last three appearances against West Ham.

Head-to-head meetings show a favour towards Arsenal. West Ham might have won the last meeting but that ended a 7 game unbeaten run for the Gunners in this fixture. Arsenal haven't done too well at the London Stadium though only winning 1 of their last 4 visits and they have failed to score on their last two visits. I really feel Arsenal are in a stinking situation right now. If they were at home I'd just about back them but I really think West Ham will fancy themselves here. I am still cautious of the draw so I won't back West Ham to win outright but their odds are tempting.

West Ham Draw No Bet @ 2.50 with Bet365

Total Goals Scored Under 3.5 @ 1.80 with Betfair

In general, if you think Arsenal will be hard-pressed to get a win (I have WHU to win at 3.60), it is better to take either the win or the draw rather than DNB. Yes, it is no fun being right and losing your stake, but you'll do better over time by going for the higher priced option (whichever you choose). With DNB you're basically making the same bet, but you don't win anything if the match ends in a draw. Think of it this way, you have a 60% or 65% chance of being right, but only a 30% chance of cashing the ticket. And if you guess right, you'll win 2.5 times your stake or 3 times your stake.

I thought about taking the draw, as it's even higher priced at 4.12, but home dogs in EPL at this range of odds get outright wins at a slightly higher rate than draws.