Announcements
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
StevieDay1983

Premier League Predictions > Dec 3rd - 5th

Some excellent predictions on here over the last few days.

I like @betcatalog BTTS on Arsenal v Brighton @ 1.55 and if the stats are anything to by this should be a shoe-in. Fingers crossed. However my prediction in the game is 0ver 2.5 @ 1.55 - mainly cause that's my bag (which you can follow over at the Glory Hunters forum). The average total goals scored at the Emirates this season is 3.29. Both teams will arguably fancy taking all 3 points in this one and rightly so. Brighton didn't fair too badly against Liverpool, Man Utd or a high flying Leicester side having previously brushed aside Norwich and Everton. I see a high scoring and hopefully entertaining game - with a 2-2 or a 3-2 win for either side.

Arsenal v Brighton

Betting suggestion: Arsenal -1 @1,98 Pinnacle

Short preview: Will Arsenal beat Brighton with more than a goal difference? Well, I believe they will win the match so, in "worst-case", this bet will be returned. The main reason why I am suggesting the home side here is, of course, the fact, that Gunners decided to sack Unai Emery who looks like or let's say obviously didn't really get along not with the squad, not with the fans. Problems of this squad are definitely in defensive lines, where they can not find the working formula, conceding goals against every single opponent without bigger problems. Last time they didn't concede was on the 6th of October when they won against Bournemouth with 1-0. Since then, they conceded 19 goals in 9 matches in all competitions, therefore it's not a surprise that they won only once in those 9 matches. An interim manager or Arsenal is the clubs legend Ljungberg, who's debut on Emirates might be something special. Honestly, I expect home fans to represent huge support to the team, as they are really in need of positive things start happening to their club. Among possibilities for the new coach is Viera, so another clubs legend, but that isn't even that important right now. The main thing is that all players will have a new chance of showing their best and convincing the new manager to get the place in the first eleven. Quality, especially offensively in this club definitely isn't a question, the question is how to use them in the way to get the best out of them. Emery obviously failed, and I'd say nothing can change in that short period of time, but in this case, I have a feeling that there were soo many "hard feelings", argues, bad relations that some players were with heads far from where they were supposed to be. Somehow relaxed Arsenal, with the "new" spirit in their dressing room and in front of probably the new manager coming in next days, should be motivated enough to beat the poor side of Brighton whose performances aren't as bad as it looks lately, but I simply think that they are coming on Emirates Stadium at the wrong time.

Sheff Utd v Newcastle

Guys.  I just want to take advantage of Newcastle's huge price tonight. They got a really good result against Man City the other day, and feel they can push on with a bit of confidence.  

Sheff Utd have had a few draws recently, and they could easily screw this up against a battle hard defensive team like Newcastle. 

I would advise the following:

Newcastle Win @ 5.1

Newcastle X2 or +1 Goal @ 2.24