Announcements
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
StevieDay1983

FA Cup Predictions > Nov 29th - Dec 2nd

Maldon & Tiptree v Newport County

I am going to do something very unusual here, but bare with me because I think it will lead to a profit. The tip is going to be to back all 3 results and both teams to score. So that is Newport to win and BTTS (best of 9/4 with Betfred), the draw and BTTS (best of 13/2 with Bet365) and Maldon to win and BTTS (best of 18/1 with Bet365). The reason is I think this is the way to go is because I am fairly confident both teams will get on the score sheet and that Maldon have a fair chance of getting something out of the game so the Newport part of the bet is used as cover. I have already written on here when backing Maldon in their FA Trophy tie the match after they beat Leyton Orient as to how impressed I was with them in that victory and it was clear they are better than a normal Step 4 club. They scored impressive goals and as they have proven in their two FA Trophy ties since that they have plenty of goals in them. What we often see with Non-League sides, especially in the live games this season, is that the Non-League side have not been clinical enough in front of goal and that is where they have been lacking despite often having actually been the better side. I don't think Maldon have that issue and I really do think they will be capable of at least getting one against Newport. County have had plenty of cup upsets themselves in recent seasons, but they won't fancy this game at all. They aren't in the best of form in the league and they have only won twice away from home in the league so far this term. I do think they will however they will score a goal as Maldon have also proven themselves to be more than capable of conceding and Orient eventually put a goal past them despite playing poorly. I considered just tipping up Maldon or just backing BTTS to score which is actually odds against, but I think this way will give us profit it is just a case of how much.

Tranmere v Chichester

The other Step 4 side in Round 2 are Chichester although they of course got the bye which was great given a club like that really need the money. It would have been nice if they had got a home tie, but slightly surprising to me they have managed to get a live TV game despite having no chance of winning at Tranmere. I would even say that the fact it is on BT Sport makes it even harder for them as Tranmere will want to put on a bit of a show for the cameras and the class gap between these two sides is huge. I know Tranmere are finding it tough going in League 1, but that isn't a huge surprise after back to back promotions and this is a chance to actually score a few goals and enjoy the game that will have little pressure on it. I think they have a decent chance of covering the -3 handicap here and win by at least 4 goals which is a 23/10 chance with Betfair and Paddy Power.

FA Cup Acca

This was successful in the previous round so hopefully we can have another winning 5 fold and this one pays just over 11/2 with Betfair. Maldon aside I actually think upsets are going to be in short supply and even then that is a bit of a long shot. Eastleigh and Solihull have probably got the best chances and thus I am going to oppose most of the other Non-League sides who all have to travel. I have already mentioned Tranmere and in the acca I will put them in on the -2 handicap. I can't see Altrincham giving Portsmouth too many problems and given how Notts County are defending at the moment surely Northampton are going to outscore them. Blackpool are having a good season and I can't see National League South side Maidstone giving them too much to worry about and finally Rochdale host another Step 2 side in Boston and again they should have too much for them. Hartlepool and Dover are the other two I have left out who play away from and they could both be capable of causing an upset although they have tough ties on paper so I am happy to leave alone for punting purposes.

Newport & BTTS 1.5pts @ 9/4 with Betfred, Draw & BTTS 1pt @ 13/2 with Bet365 and Maldon & Tiptree & BTTS 1pt @ 18/1 with Bet365

Tranmere -3 1pt @ 23/10 with Betfair and Paddy Power

Portsmouth, Blackpool, Northampton, Rochdale & Tranmere -2 1pt @ 11/2 with Betfair

Maldon & Tiptree vs Newport County

Maldon & Tiptree

Doubtful: -

Out (injuries/other): -

Suspended: Danny Parish (2/2 f)

Newport County

Doubtful: -

Out (injuries/other): Mickey Demetriou (3/0 d), Daniel Leadbitter (1/0 d), Ade Azeez (0/0 f)

Suspended: -

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Eastleigh vs Crewe

The FA Cup 2nd Round is here this weekend and it brings with it a plethora of betting options. You can choose one-sided games backing the favourite, you can represent the underdog, or you can chance your hand in a finely balanced tie between two evenly matched teams. You know us at Punters Lounge, we love an underdog and that's why I'm covering the game between National League side Eastleigh and League Two club Crewe that kicks off at 5:30pm GMT on Saturday from the Silverlake Stadium.

Eastleigh have long been knocking on the door of the Football League due to heavy investment from Stewart Donald but the dream of becoming one of the 92 clubs has yet to become a reality and Donald has now moved on to become the owner of Sunderland. The club remains competitive in the National League. A 7th placed finish last season was satisfactory but disappointing that promotion wasn't secured. This season, Ben Strevens has led his team to 11th in the table but just 5 points off the play-offs with a game in hand.

Crewe are continuing to thrive in League Two despite the cloud of controversy surrounding former manager Dario Gradi's links to the abuse allegations associated with the club. David Artell is the man in charge and he's led Alexandra to 3rd in the table. Recent form hasn't been great with the club only winning 1 of their last 4 league games but the defence has remained firm with Crewe only conceding 2 goals in their last 5 league games.

This is a fascinating game. The away side are understandably favourites coming into this but when a rigorous league season is the priority they wouldn't be blamed for not giving this competition their top priority. The carrot on the stick of a potential big 3rd Round tie could be a motivation but they're playing Eastleigh at home who have only lost 1 of their 11 home league games. However, Crewe have only lost 2 of their league games on the road. I'm going to back a draw because I think Eastleigh will be worthy opposition. in front of the cameras. I was tempted by the Double Chance on Eastleigh but the odds are too short. I'm fancy a risky one!

Draw @ 3.75 with Bet365

BTTS @ 1.71 with SportPesa

@Mindfulness, @Pep004, @MaliMisko12, @betcatalog, @sajtion, @godofhorses, @Tiffy, @waynecoyne, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @Duke_Tm, @dogmeister, @Arkadi Manucharov, @derbent, @fat, @allyhibs, @6avin24, @discipline, @the bastardian, @Bronxie, @Bett@KikoCy, @teddybear3011, @markus808, @allthethings, @Kenton Schweppes, @vasilli07, @Dylan Lynch, @neilovan, @JKos, @zemo91, @kulikTS, @mrclubbie, @Judeksi, @Henind666, @Dave1X2, @canaries91, @jazzman02, @sajtion, @Darran, @postmanplod69, @eddiem, @bartonbank, @yossa6133, @Teodore, @thinkpink63, @Carovie, @i1_principe, @MrJol, @shrewd., @AussieDex. and @AndreBR.

Solihull Moors vs Rotherham

Well, that was a huge sigh of relief that was breathed in after Eastleigh's 86th minute equaliser. Never in doubt! The second preview I'm doing for this 2nd Round of matches comes from Damson Park in Solihull at 7:45pm GMT where National League side Solihull Moors host League One club Rotherham in this highly-anticipated Monday night fixture with all eyes on a potential upset.

Solihull Moors narrowly missed out on automatic promotion to the Football League last season finishing in 2nd place in the National League but failing to earn promotion through the play-offs. Former England goalkeeper Tim Flowers is the man in charge at the club and they're performing well again this season in 3rd place. It's now 6 games unbeaten for the team and they've had the unique experience of playing in the Scottish Challenge Cup this season where they reached the 4th Round before getting knocked out by Rangers Under-21s. The Moors haven't lost at home in the league since 21st September so they'll come into this game full of confidence.

Rotherham are also performing well in their league campaign with the club currently sat in 4th place in League One. Paul Warne continues to do a fine job with the Millers but the dilemma is now whether to put equal focus on a potential cup run or use this game as a chance to rest key players and give fringe players a run out. I suspect Warne will field his strongest possible side with a potential lucrative 3rd Round tie as an incentive.

This game could see a lot of goals. Solihull Moors have already scored 22 goals at home this season with over 2.5 goals scored in 73% of their home matches. Rotherham are a real threat on the road as well mind with 17 goals on their travels. That's more than they've scored on home territory. As always, I'm going to have a cheeky punt on the underdog. I can't resist. My head says Rotherham could sneak it 2-1 or even 3-2 but I'll throw some money behind a romantic home win.

Solihull Moors Draw No Bet @ 3.50 with SpreadEx

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.74 with Marathonbet

First post and hopefully one of many.

I have been browsing prior to joining the site and your match previews and analysis have been excellent Stevie.

Having returned after a long hiatus I have come back to one system and that is single matches over 2.5 goals. I believe it will be a gradual, consistent and very profitable one. Having done many an accumulator over 2.5 goals over the years and been robbed by the odd one I have found the single match system to be much more profitable and having examined my previous efforts of many months I would have been in a very healthy position had I not opted to try and win lump sums with accumulators.

I am 13 from 16 since my return last week with a profit of £146 from £25 bets. Apologies for the rabbiting on.

My picks for today are:

Total goals over 2.5

Solihull Motors v Rotherham @ 1.72

Both teams are in-form and with it being a cup tie it should be a relatively open one with both teams feeling quietly confident of winning. I suspect an early goal in this one could spark a flurry and a offer up a potential goal laden match. For those who like their odds a little chunkier, over 3.5 goals is a cool 17/10 @ Unibet & BetVictor.

FSV Mainz 05 v Eintracht Frankfurt @ 1.60 

You will struggle to find 2 teams with a higher percentage of over 2.5 goals per game ratio than these two. Mainz have had over 2.5 goals in 10 out of their 12 Bundesliga matches this season while Frankfurt are 9 from 12. It's also worth noting that head to head there has been over 2.5 goals scored in 8 out of their last 10 matches against one another. One of the games where there wasn't over 2.5 was actually their previous match where Mainz won 2-0 away - where Frankfurt had enough chances to win the match!

Have just realised I'm posting in the FA Cup predictions section - apologies if the Mainz match interferes with any rules.

On 12/2/2019 at 9:18 AM, StevieDay1983 said:

Solihull Moors vs Rotherham

Well, that was a huge sigh of relief that was breathed in after Eastleigh's 86th minute equaliser. Never in doubt! The second preview I'm doing for this 2nd Round of matches comes from Damson Park in Solihull at 7:45pm GMT where National League side Solihull Moors host League One club Rotherham in this highly-anticipated Monday night fixture with all eyes on a potential upset.

Solihull Moors narrowly missed out on automatic promotion to the Football League last season finishing in 2nd place in the National League but failing to earn promotion through the play-offs. Former England goalkeeper Tim Flowers is the man in charge at the club and they're performing well again this season in 3rd place. It's now 6 games unbeaten for the team and they've had the unique experience of playing in the Scottish Challenge Cup this season where they reached the 4th Round before getting knocked out by Rangers Under-21s. The Moors haven't lost at home in the league since 21st September so they'll come into this game full of confidence.

Rotherham are also performing well in their league campaign with the club currently sat in 4th place in League One. Paul Warne continues to do a fine job with the Millers but the dilemma is now whether to put equal focus on a potential cup run or use this game as a chance to rest key players and give fringe players a run out. I suspect Warne will field his strongest possible side with a potential lucrative 3rd Round tie as an incentive.

This game could see a lot of goals. Solihull Moors have already scored 22 goals at home this season with over 2.5 goals scored in 73% of their home matches. Rotherham are a real threat on the road as well mind with 17 goals on their travels. That's more than they've scored on home territory. As always, I'm going to have a cheeky punt on the underdog. I can't resist. My head says Rotherham could sneak it 2-1 or even 3-2 but I'll throw some money behind a romantic home win.

Solihull Moors Draw No Bet @ 3.50 with SpreadEx

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.74 with Marathonbet

Well, that was a kick in the ghoulies wasn't it! A brave effort from Solihull Moors that almost saw the bet come in.