Announcements
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
Sign in to follow this  
Fader

UK Championships

Yep the tournament is wide open but I did have Ronnie for the highest break in the match and pots for fun when break building.Yes Wilson should never of lost that frame but it is the best I have seen bond play in a while but got the luck today.So no damage done in the Tournament for me.Most that are left can beat each other so I will just be having a watching view from now on.Good Luck if you have a bet

Selby out too. Today I like Maguire to beat Stevens. He has a very good recent head-2-head. The price isn't the best and so I'll take a gamble on the -1.5 handicap. You would have to say that Maguire is playing better and scoring better. In the earlier matches, I think it's worth a gamble on sticking with Wenbo against Ding. I think with Ronnie he was just going for everything, which works 9 times out of 10 but Ding fell over the line with that important 9th frame. 

In the other matches I will leave them alone. You'd like to think Allen beats Bond. God knows how Bond is here. He's ground everybody down and made them play bad. G.Wilson should have been 3-1 up at a minimum and to think he was 5-2 up and needing just one ball to win 6-2.

4pts L.Wenbo to beat D.Junhui 9/4 betfair
4pts S.Maguire (-1.5 frames) to beat M.Stevens evens bet365

Totally agree and reminds me off the grinder himself Cliff Thorburn but sometimes you have to grind out a result to win matches and can not be on your A game all the time.I think as well maguire should beat Stevens and would have to side with ding just.Bond has played the best snooker for his game for a long while but am just watching so Good Luck

Another great match to watch. Allen again started badly, and then turned it on. I think he goes for the throat early on to try and get a good lead. Once he went 3-1 down, he came out and played 3 very good frames and when it gets to 5-5 there isn't many people better under pressure. That final frame was brilliant. Especially the winning red ball up the table. Wenbo didn't do it for me atall. I'm annoyed with myself both picking Wenbo and NOT picking Bingtao because I had known how bad Higgins had been and he was again poor. Bingtao won pretty easy without hitting a 50 break or something like that.

Today, I'll leave Allen Vs Maguire but again Allen has a very good h2h and has won the last 7 in a row against Maguire and if you added up the last 3 matches it would be a frame score of 18-5. Maguire is scoring really well though, 2 centuries and 5 50+ in his 6-4 win over Stevens worries me. His highest break was 135 and he's hit 6 centuries in his last 4. Allen managed a 141 against Jak Jones but in general he hasn't hit as many centuries in this tournament (3) I think it's worth going for Maguire to be highest break scorer.

In the other match, I'm siding with Ding. Bingtao has beaten some great players, but look at his scoring. He hasn't beaten anybody in any type of form

5pts S.Maguire (Highest break scorer) Vs M.Allen 7/5 betfred
5pts D.Junhui (-1.5 frames) to beat Y.Bingtao 4/5 bet365

Both win with ease. Maguire is on fire. I will take Maguire to beat ding today and an outsider punt on him to win the first frame, the match and he highest break

4pts s.maguire to beat d.junhui bet365

1pt maguire to win the first frame / highest break and win match 7/1 paddy power