** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

The League Table (Football Betting Strategy)

I echo the wishes of good luck but have to say I very much doubt that this strategy can show a profit over a worthwhile sample of bets (e.g. at least 1,000). I'd love to be proved wrong though.

It just seems far too simple to be effective to me; any top 5 team at qualifying odds playing a team below it in the league. If that works we would all know about it and why would teams that meet those criteria be routinely overpriced by the betting market? It also strikes me as a system that throws up far too many selections per day (finding winners is never that easy). So much for the cynical side of my brain! :lol

I'll watch this unfold with interest and mean it when I say I'd love to be proved wrong.

Results from the bets posted so far, at the prices quoted show a loss of £20.00. Still waiting on cagliari which got postponed last night and is being played at 2pm today.

Interestingly, home selections show £46.30 profit, and away selections show £66.30 loss.

Could be something in that? Maybe backing the home and laying the away or doing either or? Obviously still a small sample but it could be interesting.

1 hour ago, only1woz said:

Results from the bets posted so far, at the prices quoted show a loss of £20.00. Still waiting on cagliari which got postponed last night and is being played at 2pm today.

Interestingly, home selections show £46.30 profit, and away selections show £66.30 loss.

Could be something in that? Maybe backing the home and laying the away or doing either or? Obviously still a small sample but it could be interesting.

Apologies from me as I messed this up and included the stake return in profit from the winning bets. Actual results show a small loss of £3.70 for the home selections, and a whopping -£186.30 for the away selections now that I've corrected it. Could definitely be some lay possibilities there then lol.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/25/2019 at 11:00 AM, only1woz said:

Apologies from me as I messed this up and included the stake return in profit from the winning bets. Actual results show a small loss of £3.70 for the home selections, and a whopping -£186.30 for the away selections now that I've corrected it. Could definitely be some lay possibilities there then lol.

did you look any further into this @only1woz ?  Asking for a freind :)

So, this weekend was pretty good from a lay perspective. I'll just post up the results atm as it's very early days.
If lays had been placed for £10.00 lay stake at betfair then results are

Home: -£0.80 loss

Away: £101.10 profit

Overall : £100.30 profit

As I say its a bit volatile so wouldn't get carried away. I'll start it from this week and post up selections/odds and see how it goes for a while, starting bank at zero. Might not come to anything but worth a look. All odds will be from betfair.