** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Primeira Liga Predictions > Nov 29th - Dec 2nd

• 2 weeks later...

Braga vs Rio Ave

It's been a couple of weeks since we covered the Portuguese Primeira Liga due to the international break and then cup action. Our return to the league action covers the 6:45pm GMT clash on Monday night between mid-table rivals Braga and Rio Ave at Estadio Municipal de Braga. The home side will be keen to win this game and move back amongst the leading sides in the division.

Braga haven't had the best of starts to the season considering their pre-season expectations. Head coach Ricardo Sa Pinto will be disappointed that his team are only 9th in the table and 5 points off the European qualification spots given they finished 4th last season. A less than impressive home record with just 2 wins from their 5 home league games hasn't helped so that's something they'll be looking to change here especially off the back of an unbeaten run of 5 games in all competitions.

Rio Ave will be pleased that they're coming into this game in 8th place and ahead of their opponents. Former Sheffield Wednesday manager Carlos Carvalhal is the man at the helm in Vila do Conde and the club is meeting expectations for the season so far. A mixed bag of results on the road means I'm doubting their ability to get the win here. Back-to-back 1-0 wins shows they're performing well defensively and it's now just 1 loss in their last 7 matches in all competitions.

This is not an easy game for Braga. They might be entering a period of decent form themselves but they are up against a Rio Ave side that are also playing well right now. I was tempted to go for a draw but I am going to back a Braga side that I was impressed with against Wolves in midweek. I think they're going to start putting some results together now and get back amongst the front runners.

Braga to Win to Nil @ 2.75 with Unibet

Braga HT/FT @ 2.45 with Coral

@betcatalog, @allthethings, @AHbettingPT, @Magic0024, @Odyssey@Xcout, @GreatCaco, @btugero, @FAETTTON, @Sterphyle, and @VYA.