Announcements
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
Sign in to follow this  
StevieDay1983

Eredivisie Predictions > Nov 23rd & 24th

Ajax vs Heracles

Our Eredivisie coverage this season has generally seen us avoid the big teams except for when they have faced each other. This week, I'm making an exception because I feel I've been taking too many risks lately. The preview for this round of games is Ajax vs Heracles that kicks off at 6:45pm GMT on Saturday at the Amsterdam Arena and I'm expecting nothing less than a resounding home win.

Ajax are once again storming to the Eredivisie title. Erik ten Hag's men are already 6 points clear of 2nd placed AZ after just 13 league games. It's now 11 wins and 2 draws from their matches so far and it's a 100% record at home with 24 goals scored and just 1 goal conceded. It's a frightening set of stats if you're an away team coming to the capital city to take on this behemoth of a side.

Heracles will consider themselves to be having a very productive season. Manager Frank Wormuth's men are punching above their weight in 7th place. It's a par with their end position last season but shows they're a team to be taken seriously. Just 2 wins from their 6 league away games shows they might not come into this game with the most confidence but the 6-1 win at home to VVV Venlo in their last league match should give them some additional self-belief.

I'm firmly backing a home win here. Heracles are a side I would usually not feel comfortable writing off but this Ajax team is quite special. They are tearing apart every team that visits them in the league this season. They are also top of their Champions League group. It feels like this is something that isn't going to end any time soon. So I am going to have to back a big win for the home side.

Ajax -2 @ 1.80 with Sportingbet

Anytime Scorer: Quincy Promes @ 1.83 with Bet365

@laprikon, @TOTTI3, @Rimmed, @Magic0024, @Xcout, @FAETTTON, @malabgd, @Niceguy, and @Charon84.