** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

First Division A Predictions > Nov 21st - 24th

Anderlecht vs Kortrijk

The Belgian First Division A has been a cruel mistress at times this season. That was certainly the case last week with that accumulator buster. This week, I'm playing it safer with this match between Anderlecht and Kortrijk in a 5pm kick-off this Sunday at the Constant Vanden Stock Stadium. Can the home team continue their resurgence in results against a poor-performing visiting side?

Anderlecht have had their issues this season with Vincent Kompany and Simon Davies both failing to get them going. The club has now turned to the more experienced Franky Vercauteren. Since his appointment back in October, the club has won 4 and drawn 2 of their 6 league games. They may still be in 10th place but this run of results is pushing them back up the table towards the Championship Play-Offs. 4 goals in 3 games by Kemar Roofe has helped their efforts.

Kortrijk are the sort of team that this rejuvenated Anderlecht side should sweep away with relative ease. The club is in 13th place and with 4 defeats on the bounce morale is starting to suffer. Just 1 win and 6 defeats from their 7 league games on the road shows that there is very little hope for them heading into this game. Manager Yves Vanderhaeghe's best hope is to try and kill this game but I'm not sure this defence that has conceded 15 goals on their travels already is capable of that.

As I said, I can only see this game ending in one way. Anderlecht are slowly getting back to the team they once were. The troubles of earlier in the season have been remedied and even though a title push looks unrealistic there is hope they can now push on up the table and finish in a respectable position. This game is just one of a number where you'd be shocked if they didn't ease to a solid win.

Anderlecht -1 @ 2.62 with SpreadEx

Anderlecht HT/FT @ 2.50 with Coral

@laprikon, @VYA, @Magic0024, @the bastardian, @ElPrincipito007, @Chaserapp, and @Marc Kearney.