Announcements
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
Sign in to follow this  
Darran

Non-League Predictions > November 12th

BetVictor Southern League Central Double

There is every chance that Tamworth and Hednesford will finish 1st and 2nd in this division this season and they look bankers in their respective Tuesday night games. Hednesford travel to bottom side Leiston who hopeless. Granted they had a 3 game spell where they picked up 7 points, but they then went and lost 8-0 to Bromsgrove last weekend. That is the 2nd time they have conceded 8 this season and they have conceded 58 in just 15 league games. In the 11 games they have lost just 2 have been lost by a single goal and Hednesford on the -1 handicap at 13/10 with Betfair and Paddy Power looks a good bet as well as putting in them in a double. Hednesford scored 5 on Saturday in the FA Trophy and they will surely be looking to get around that number here. Tamworth host Alvechurch who are nowhere near the side who got to the play-off final last season. They have won just 3 games in the league and Tamworth should bounce back from their FA Trophy defeat on Saturday. The double pays 1.26/1 with Marathon.

Carshalton v Frome

This is an FA Trophy game which obciously couldn't take place on Saturday because Carshalton were in the FA Cup. I put up the home side there and they did well but ultimately found Boston too good. I just wonder if that effort might hinder their performance here. Frome were relegated last season, but are currently top of their division having lost just once in the league. They won on Saturday although to be fair they were playing the bottom tam Barnstaple. That did mean they had a comfortable afternoon though and that might just be a better prep than Carshalton had. At 3/1 with BetVictor they are worth a play.

Hednesford -1 3pts @ 13/10 with Betfair and Paddy Power

Hednesford/Tamworth double 3pts @ 1.26/1 with Marathon

Frome 1pt @ 3/1 with BetVictor

Been a big drift on Frome as the Asian punters clearly fancy the home side. I don't think they are taking into account the fact it could easily be after the lords mayor show for Carshalton and whatever happens Frome are even better value now.

Maldon & Tiptree v Folkestone Invicta

It was clear after watching the highlights of Maldon's win over Leyton Orient on Sunday that they are not your average Step 4 Non-League side. They are much better than that and I was really impressed with them. To beat a League 2 side away from home despite having 10 men for some of the 2nd half really takes some doing and there was no fluke about the result. It was being reported that they had only lost one game all season in all competitions, but when I looked it up it turns out that loss was via a penalty shoot out in the League Cup. So technically speaking they have not been beaten in 90 minutes so far this season. They look to have plenty of class throughout the side and if they were in the same league as Folkestone I believe they would be challenging for promotion. The one concern would obviously be how they react after that famous win on Sunday, but given the cup run hasn't got in the way so far I don't see why they wouldn't want to keep the run going. Folkestone did have the weekend off so they will be fresher and they are having a good season themselves having lost just twice in the league. I do think though there is every chance Maldon are the superior side here and I am amazed they are as big as 2/1. If it wasn't for that slight worry about coming off the back of Sunday then I would be even stronger on them, but I really do think the price is very wrong and given home advantage they should be favourites for this tie not Folkestone.

Maldon & Tiptree 2pts @ 2/1 with BetVictor 

I guess we should have known he wouldn’t be gone for long. As I understand it Romford were a very sorry club without a ground and doomed to relegation. Given that he can’t do much damage to the club. Not surprisingly he has made himself manager and has signed 15 players today. No idea who they are as he hasn’t said yet. Oh and he wants to make Romford a football league club

It's a marathon, not a sprint. Darran doesn't tip up odds on shots anyone could highlight. There'll be good weeks and bad weeks flagging up  selections at larger odds. He does consistently deliver though.

Cheers mate for your sharing.

My average odds for this season is actually a bit over 2/1 and how many football tipsters would be able to say that? Obviously it would be pointless if there wasn’t a profit at the end of it but so far so good on that front again this season.

Great shout with Tamworth and Leiston @Darran I had two big wins I had Hednesford minus 1 and Tamworth, then Minus 1 on them both.  I was worried when Leiston announced Glenn Driver back as manager and he also bought in 3/4 players today but Hednesford proved far too strong.  I was impressed with Maldon and Tiptree Sunday cost me a few quid I had Leyton Minus 2.  I thought yesterday at 0-2 down it was after the lord mayors show but they came good again.  Great work again @Darran