** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Northern Ireland Open

Fader

Back today and looking at the Northern Ireland Open which gets started today. Infact started a couple of minutes ago.

I'm going to go with a couple here. Starting in the top part of the draw and I'll take Gilbert and Un-Nooh. I want to stick with Un-Nooh, but do worry that he doesn't seem to go up well against Judd. I'm hoping somebody else beats Trump before they meet. Perhaps the second pick in the shape of Gilbert.

Bottom half, I will take Mark Allen and Murphy. Ronnie O'Sullivan looked more up for it last week, but the value is surely on these two. I like Bingham this season but he needs to show me more before I back him

1pt E/W D.Gilbert to win 20/1 Sportingbet
1pt E/W T. Un-Nooh to win 80/1 Coral
2pts E/W M.Allen to win 14/1 Coral
1.5pts E/W S.Murphy to win 16/1 Coral

Suprises me to see Un-Nooh going out to Ken Doherty. Not the greatest result for Un-Nooh. Perhaps a spot of tiredness there. Nothing I really liked in todays matches but ofcourse there is a double fixture list and tonight at 7pm we get into the longer format. Maybe something I'll like there.

I am quite tempted on Si Jiahui on the handicap though in the 1pm matches. I'll also go with Perry to beat Dott. Perry has a good h2h record against Dott.

5pts S.Jaihui (+2.5) to beat J.Trump 6/5 bet365
1pt J.Trump to beat S.Jiahui 4-3 7/1 ladbrokes
5pts J.Perry to beat G.Dott 4/5 bet365

Easy win for Perry, but easy win for Trump too. One for tonight and that is Higgins to beat Maguire with a -1.5 handicap at evens. Maguire has a really good past record against Higgins, but recently it's swung in Higgins favour and the red-ball tournament aside he's easily won the last 3. Maguire has hit just 2 50+ in his last 2 matches and hasn't hit a century once this tournament. Higgins on the other hand, 3 centuries and a 50 in his last 2 matches.

5pts J.Higgins (-1.5 frames) to beat S. Maguire evens betfair

Disappointing last night. Higgins 3-1 up and scrapes through 4-3. Allen losing to Ursenbacher was a bit of a shocker too. So left with just Murphy to fly the flag up against Ronnie O'Sullivan.

J.Trump Vs A.Hamilton - Judd is on fire at the moment. The last 3 matches in this tournament has yielded a 12-1 victory, but all three have been chinese players who are "hot'n'cold". I'm going to take Hamilton on the handicap, because I can't believe we're offered nearly evens on +3.5 for Hamilton. Hamilton beat Judd 3-0 in the Champions League this year (by no means do I think that means he wins easy here) but nevertheless, Hamilton has already beaten Gilbert and Kyren Wilson this week and it would just suprise me if Judd went through him 5-0/5-1 here. At 7/1, I'm actually quite temped on Hamilton, but I'll stick with the handicap.

5.5pts A.Hamilton (+3.5 frames) to beat J.Trump 8/11 betvictor