Announcements
** February Poker League Result : 1st juanmoment, 2nd Rivrd, 3rd the_dak **
** Last Man Standing Results - drew005 wins £250 / Wishy wins £50 **
** January Naps Competition Result: 1st SILVER FOX, 2nd LIKE A ROUGHIE, 3rd DAISYCHAIN, 4th MRJOL. KO Cup Winner GLAVINTOBY, Most Winners: ALASTAIR **

Premier League Predictions > Nov 23rd - 25th

eplratings.jpg

The international break might be coming up as I post this but it's never too early to start looking at the odds and ratings of the next round of Premier League games. Check them out here and tell us your predictions for these fixtures. Manchester City versus Chelsea being the particular stand-out game this round. :ok

• 2 weeks later...

Leicester anything above evens consider value. Brighton missing two key defenders including their captain Dunk. 

Vardy will be fully rested after spending the international break also on holidays, that's a great thing. If Brighton also end up missing Trossard who missed both games for Belgium due to an injury scare, then Brighton unlikely to score more than 1

LEICESTER WIN @ evens+

medium stake

Edited by michalciesla

West Ham vs Tottenham

The first Premier League game this weekend is set to be a fascinating one as Jose Mourinho makes a controversial return to the top flight of English football. It's West Ham versus Tottenham in a 12:30pm GMT kick-off this Saturday lunch-time. The home side are on a sticky run of form right now but can they turn things around against a visiting team that star life under a new manager?

West Ham haven't won in 6 league matches now and it feels like Manuel Pellegrini's side that looked so promising at the start of the season have become stuck in a rut. If you look at the games they've failed to win it makes disappointing reading for Hammers fans. Dropped points against Bournemouth, Crystal Palace, Everton, Sheffield United, Newcastle, and Burnley. No disrespect to those teams but those are games that West Ham will have felt they should have taken more from. It's now three home league games without a victory and they've lost their last three home games against Tottenham before this game.

Tottenham took the divisive step of sacking the highly-rated Mauricio Pochettino and replacing him with former Chelsea and Manchester United manager Mourinho. It's not exactly been a popular decision throughout football but will it prove to be a shrewd one? Daniel Levy clearly felt something wasn't right and with Tottenham languishing in 14th place there was a need for change. Still, in Mourinho they now have a man that has won trophies everywhere he has gone. Even at clubs he was deemed to have failed at he's still won trophies. So it's easy to see why the bookies are backing Tottenham to win this game.

It's not been a great start for Tottenham on the road in the league. Their torrid away form has carried on from last season having failed to win any of their six away league games. Has Mourinho had enough time to have any immediate influence? I'm not sure. I'm tempted to back a Tottenham win because of how poor West Ham have been but maybe the international break did them some good. I think given the prices flying around it could be worth backing West Ham to get something from this game even if they don't win. Interested to hear the thoughts of our resident Spurs expert, @thfc!

West Ham Double Chance @ 2.17 with Unibet

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 2.54 with Marathonbet

@Mindfulness, @Pep004, @MaliMisko12, @betcatalog, @sajtion, @godofhorses, @Tiffy, @waynecoyne, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @Duke_Tm, @dogmeister, @Arkadi Manucharov, @derbent, @fat, @allyhibs, @6avin24, @discipline, @the bastardian, @Bronxie, @Bett@KikoCy, @teddybear3011, @markus808, @allthethings, @Kenton Schweppes, @vasilli07, @Dylan Lynch, @neilovan, @JKos, @zemo91, @kulikTS, @mrclubbie, @Judeksi, @Henind666, @Teodore, @kilkenny1, @newjack, @PokerWolf1, @Dave1X2, @real55555, @jazzman02, @Ameer13, @Gedkip, @mcsilks, @MangoTheThird, @Roy The Boy, @DonPaulo, @Duckets, @yossa6133, @sjuesju, @dylanphan, @thfc, @Dboston, @Dr. Florida192, @money44, @1moregoal, @ggm31v, @EuroDream, @ndanmak, @cummins91, @vicsuna, @abigail, @Carovie, @thfc, @Hitch, @Ameer, @LimMouse, @freddie01, @Ulrik, @i1_principe, @BobEire, @doverwhite, @jimbo584, @Kingdom for, @AussieDex, @shrewd., @SgtTrand @AndreBR.

@StevieDay1983At the prices I can't disagree that West Ham are probably the value in this match.  Spurs should not be odds on away from home in any PL match right now.

Not betting on this game but I quite fancy the draw for this game.  Mourinho won't want to lose his first game, and West Ham are in no form at all.  I can see this being a poor game of football that could quite easily be 0-0.  It will certainly be interesting to see if spurs up their game now that Poch has gone.  Personally, I think Eriksen and the entire defence want away from the club so I don't expect an improvement from them just because of the new manager.  

On the manager situation, I think Levy had no choice but to remove Poch the way this season has gone, as he has clearly done all he can with spurs.  The situation reminds me of when Poch himself replaced Nigel Adkins at Southampton who was doing a good job at the time, but the board wanted more, and Poch proved to be an inspired managerial appointment for them who moved them up the table.  While Poch did a great job for spurs and i'm sad to see him go, i'm hoping Mourinho can move the club to the next level and deliver a trophy or two before the inevitable falling out with the club that will come along in a couple of years based on his past.        

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Premier League

There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Chelsea’s last 6 away games in Premier League.
Tottenham have failed to win their last 12 away matches in Premier League.
Leicester have won with at least a 2 goal margin in their last 3 matches in Premier League.
67% of Southampton’s matches had over 2.5 goals scored in Premier League.
Norwich have failed to score in their last 5 away matches in Premier League.

You can find interesting 63 Football Betting Streaks for 23.11.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-23-11-2019-16595

I expect a great game between two strong and quality teams. The Citizens lost to Liverpool and needed to give it everything to win. The fouls are easily violated by both teams and it can be an open goal with either goal. Chelsea score 8 of 12 goals and both teams score, it can be verified today
MANCHESTER CITY vs CHELSEA FC @@ Both team to score, odds 1.60

West Ham were out of form before the break and the atmosphere in the team is not ideal. Tottenham are not at their best, but they were excellent in the Champions League. Mourinho's arrival will bring new energy, no doubt about it. The quality is on the Tottenham side, so I'm looking forward to winning and making their first win this year
WEST HAM UNITED vs TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR @@ TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR, odds 1.80

Crystal Palace v Liverpool

Betting suggestion: 

Crystal Palace to score @1,71 Pinnacle

Both teams to score & over 2,5 @2,26 Pinnacle

Short preview: Crystal Palace again. Current league leaders are coming on to Selhurst Park in London, where they will surely look for the win, and put more pressure on Manchester City who will play against Chelsea later. International break brought plenty of worries for Klopp, as Henderson was ill, Gomez picked up an injury on the training,… While Robertson and Salah had problems with ankle and even though they are close to being fully fit, I wouldn’t expect Klopp to send both in the action. In any case, Liverpool have an amazing squad, and even if they rotate with the squad, we will still see a very decent squad on the pitch. As I mentioned last time, I think Crystal Palace is a team, who is made to make surprises. They are a team, who is easily fired-up against big teams. With the names, they have in the squad, especially offensively, I think that things will soon turn around, as they scored only once in the last four matches. Well, the truth is they faced Manchester City, Arsenal, Leicester, and Chelsea, and with Liverpool coming, their schedule was far from easy, but as mentioned, international breaks aren’t helpful at all for big teams and every season we can see, that some of them have big problems on first matches… Will that be the case for Liverpool?

On 11/21/2019 at 7:42 PM, thfc said:

@StevieDay1983At the prices I can't disagree that West Ham are probably the value in this match.  Spurs should not be odds on away from home in any PL match right now.

Not betting on this game but I quite fancy the draw for this game.  Mourinho won't want to lose his first game, and West Ham are in no form at all.  I can see this being a poor game of football that could quite easily be 0-0.  It will certainly be interesting to see if spurs up their game now that Poch has gone.  Personally, I think Eriksen and the entire defence want away from the club so I don't expect an improvement from them just because of the new manager.  

On the manager situation, I think Levy had no choice but to remove Poch the way this season has gone, as he has clearly done all he can with spurs.  The situation reminds me of when Poch himself replaced Nigel Adkins at Southampton who was doing a good job at the time, but the board wanted more, and Poch proved to be an inspired managerial appointment for them who moved them up the table.  While Poch did a great job for spurs and i'm sad to see him go, i'm hoping Mourinho can move the club to the next level and deliver a trophy or two before the inevitable falling out with the club that will come along in a couple of years based on his past.        

Yes, I remain a believer in Jose Mourinho. Even at Manchester United where he was deemed to have failed he won two trophies and got them back in the Champions League. He appears to be speaking with a bit more humility and I'm not sure there's quite the same number of egos and board room numbskulls at Tottenham as there were at Manchester United. I'm really interested to see how it goes but it could take a couple of months before we see any real change in results possibly. I'm not sure Mourinho has ever taken over a club mid-season has he?

Manchester City vs Chelsea

The biggest game in the Premier League this weekend comes in the 5:30pm GMT kick-off this Saturday night when Manchester City look to continue the pressure on league leaders Liverpool in this potentially tricky match-up against a Chelsea side that have dreams of qualifying for the Champions League this season. It's scheduled for the Etihad Stadium but is a home win a foregone conclusion?

Manchester City suffered a huge blow to their title chances when they lost 3-1 away to Liverpool just before the international break. Pep Guardiola's side have been blighted by injuries to key players such as Aymeric Laporte and Ederson. The latter of those two is set to return to action for this game but Bernardo Silva is suspended. Questions are being asked about whether Pep has lost the magic touch. The 3 league defeats his team has suffered after 12 games is the same number of losses his teams experienced during the same opening 12 games over the previous 10 seasons. If Pep is looking for a saviour then Sergio Aguero has been prolific against Chelsea scoring 10 league goals against the Blues.

Chelsea have won over a number of admirers this season. That is largely down to the charm offensive by Frank Lampard and his faith in the youngsters at the club. The Blues will be pleased to know that Jorginho is back from suspension. A win here would be the first time in the club's history that Chelsea have won 8 consecutive away games in all competitions. It's also only 1 loss in their last 11 matches in all competitions. Unfortunately, Chelsea haven't won against the other reputed top six teams in 10 away games.

Manchester City certainly have a hoodoo over Chelsea right now. The Citizens have won 5 of the last 6 meetings with five clean sheets between the two sides and, if I'm honest, I can't see that changing here. Chelsea have lost 3 of their last 4 away games at City. A lot has changed since the 6-0 win for City in this fixture last season but I think a high-scoring affair that results in a home win is most likely.

Manchester City HT/FT @ 2.20 with Coral

Anytime Scorer: Sergio Aguero @ 1.82 with Unibet

Chelsea might get a surpise draw or a victory against City. Like said before, these games after the international break could give some surprise results. If City wins, I think they'll do it with at least 2 goal difference.

Hammers-Spurs might be a low scoring goal, so my pick is under 2,5 goals for that.

75% of Sheffield Utd’s matches had under 2.5 goals in Premier League.
Manchester Utd conceded at least 1 goal in each of their last 7 matches in Premier League.
Sheffield Utd have scored 31% of their goals after the 75th minute in Premier League.
67% of Manchester Utd’s matches had under 2.5 goals in Premier League.

You can find interesting 62 Football Betting Streaks for 24.11.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-24-11-2019-16619

Aston Villa conceded at least 1 goal in each of their last 7 matches in Premier League.
75% of Aston Villa’s matches had over 2.5 goals scored in Premier League.
Newcastle Utd have scored 64% of their goals in the first half in Premier League.
80% of Aston Villa’s conceded goals occurred in the second half in Premier League.
Aston Villa have conceded 2 goals or more in each of their last 3 matches in Premier League.

You can find interesting 36 Football Betting Streaks for 25.11.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-25-11-2019-16640

Aston Villa vs Newcastle

OK, so it's been a rollercoaster weekend for the Premier League betting. I'm looking to end it on a positive note with this clash between Aston Villa and Newcastle in an 8pm GMT kick-off tonight at Villa Park. This game could have a huge say in the race for survival in the top flight this season and defeat for either side could be a massive blow in their hopes of staying up.

Aston Villa are 17th in the table on 11 points. It puts them just 1 point above 18th placed Norwich but they have this crucial game in hand. The influential Jack Grealish is set to return to action after four weeks of being sidelined. It's now three straight defeats in the league for Villa but their home performances in particular have given them reason to hope. Dean Smith's side have now gone 7 league matches without keeping a clean sheet so defensive issues need to be addressed with 16 of their 20 goals conceded this season coming in the second half. 

Newcastle fans were totally against the appointment of Steve Bruce has manager but he's led them to 14th in the table on 15 points. A win here would see them move to 9th in the table and just 1 point behind the European qualification places. The Toon Army could be boosted by the returns of Fabian Schar and Florian Lejeune but Jamaal Lascelles and Matt Ritchie remain out injured. Interestingly, they have earned 6 more points this season under Bruce than they had by this stage last season under Rafa Benitez. It appears Bruce hates playing against his former clubs because he's now without a win in the past three encounters with teams he's previously managed.

In the head-to-head it's quite uncomfortable reading for Aston Villa. They've lost 22 of their 44 meetings with Newcastle in the Premier League. That's Newcastle's best league record against any club in the top flight. I'm not sure Newcastle will get the win here though. They're in a decent spell of form right now but Villa have still looked decent at home. The Magpies have lost 4 of their 6 away games and I think Villa will be inspired by the return of their captain tonight on home turf. A close win for Villa. I was tempted by the draw initially but I'll back the home team.

Aston Villa to Win @ 2.28 with Unibet

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.97 with Marathonbet