Announcements
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
StevieDay1983

Euro 2020 Qualifier Predictions > Nov 14th - 19th

Scotland vs Kazakhstan

It's not been the best qualification campaign for Steve Clarke's men after he took over following Gordon Strachan's abysmal start to proceedings. Scotland now have the chance to finish Group I strongly with three wins on the bounce against Kazakhstan in this 7:45pm GMT kick-off tonight at Hampden Park. Can they get the win they are expected to achieve or will the underdogs spring a shock result again.

Scotland will finish 3rd in the group with a win or a draw here but the Tartan Army will want to take all 3 points to end this campaign in the best way possible. Victories over San Marino and Cyprus might have been expected but after the disappointing loss away to Kazakhstan earlier in this group phase there's no doubt that Scottish fans don't take any wins for granted at the moment. The play-offs await for Clarke's men next March in Path C with their opponents yet to be confirmed but it will be either Norway or Serbia they face in the final.

Kazakhstan have the chance to end up in 3rd place in this group if they win this game. Head coach Michal Bilek saw his team beat Scotland in the opening game of the group stage with a 3-0 win. A 3-1 win over San Marino and a 1-1 draw against Cyprus has shown they also have the ability to earn points on the road as well as at home. They'll feel they can pressure a Scottish side that has lost 2 of its last 3 home matches.

I think this will be a game that will be one Scotland will want to win well. The loss to Kazakhstan was borderline humiliating and a victory here would show that the national team has come a long way since then. If you're looking for a cheeky anytime scorer bet then John McGinn has scored 4 goals in his last 2 international appearances. I think Scotland will take all 3 points here even if it probably won't be a polished performance.

Scotland HT/FT @ 2.60 with Coral

Anytime Scorer: John McGinn @ 3.60 with Betway

Wales vs Hungary

OK, so this is it. Wales play Hungary in their final 2020 European Championship qualifier (hopefully!) in a 7:45pm GMT kick-off tonight at the Cardiff City Stadium. The situation is simple. A win for either side in this game will seal their place in the finals next summer. A draw and it then allows Slovakia to sneak in through the back door if they can beat Azerbaijan at home. I'll be there tonight in the Canton Stand. If you're not doing anything I recommend you watch it for the home crowd's rendition of our national anthem alone.

Wales are looking a lot more balanced in recent games. Ryan Giggs bringing in Kieffer Moore up front was a leftfield choice given his poor strike rate for Wigan this season but he's been a revelation for us. It's freed up Gareth Bale to play deeper, helps to bring the likes of Daniel James and Harry Wilson in the game more, and he offers a different type of threat so if our free-flowing football doesn't create any opportunities we can go the ugly route. I had serious doubts about Giggs as a manager but I genuinely think he's learning from his mistakes. Football is a fickle game though. Failure to win this game and the fans will feel Giggs has failed. The big news is Aaron Ramsey being fit to come back in. In my opinion, he's our most important player and we've not had him for any of our matches until the Azerbaijan win last week.

Hungary will come into this game feeling they can win. They got a lucky 1-0 win against us in their home leg and the news that their star defender Willie Orban is out injured plus key players Mihaly Korhut and Laszlo Kleinheisler are also suspended means they're up against it. Marco Rossi's side have lost 4 of their last 5 matches including friendlies. They play a Wales team that are undefeated in their last 5 matches.

I feel uncomfortable saying this but I'm quietly optimistic. It worries me. Wales are looking more like the side that dismantled Republic of Ireland in the UEFA Nations League and we're a far better side at home than we are away. Ramsey returning is a huge boost. Joe Allen is back from suspension. Bale is fit too. The only absence is David Brooks which is a big loss but we have enough attacking depth to cater for that. My head says we can win this game by 2-3 goals if we start well. My heart says this is Wales and we'll still probably mess it up! Argh, the dilemma! As a neutral, I'd say back us to win and back Bale to score.

Wales HT/FT @ 2.62 with Coral

Anytime Scorer: Gareth Bale @ 2.10 with Sportingbet

Apologies for a lack of activity from myself today, everyone! I'm suffering from a bit of a post-Euro 2020 qualification hangover!!! WE'RE ALL GOING ON A EUROPEAN TOUR!!! CYMRU AM BYTH!!!

I bloody love football! On a sidenote, John McGinn is fast becoming my favourite non-Welsh or Cardiff player. :beer

19 hours ago, DrO said:

Congrats @StevieDay1983:cheers

Thanks mate. I assume you're Serbian given your expert knowledge on the league and the tips you post in the Other European Leagues section? How are you feeling about your prospects for Euro 2020 now? Got to fancy your chances in Path C!