Announcements
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
*** October Competition Winners: Well done to Roland Cooper (NAPS), BillyHills (KO Cup), Theodore007 (Football Tipster Competition), Bagzi (Last Man Standing Comp) & Demios (Poker) ***
Sign in to follow this  
StevieDay1983

Championship Predictions > Nov 9th & 10th

Nottingham Forest vs Derby

The Championship gives us the first East Midlands Derby of the season when Nottingham Forest host Derby in a 12:30pm GMT kick-off on Saturday lunch-time. These two sides have experienced contrasting starts to their seasons with the home side flourishing under a new manager yet the visiting side have been dogged by controversy and poor results since August.

Nottingham Forest sit in 5th place with a game in hand on their promotion rivals. A win in this game will see them move level on points with second placed Preston. Sabri Lamouchi will be pleased that his side winning 2-1 away to Luton last weekend. It was a result that came after back-to-back league defeats. It was a much-needed victory because the Tricky Trees haven't had the best home record this season having won 3, drawn 1, and lost 2 of their home matches so far. On a positive note, they are unbeaten in this fixture for the last four meetings and haven't conceded a goal in any of those matches.

Derby are still reeling from the unfortunate turn of events that was a team-bonding booze session a few weeks back. Tom Lawrence and Mason Bennett have somehow managed to come away from the incident with their careers in tact but the club confirmed Richard Keogh had been released. At least now he'll have a reason for looking so shocked. The Rams are currently in 15th place but only 4 points off the play-off places. Manager Phillip Cocu has seen his team start to improve results with just 2 defeats in their last 9 league games. Just 1 win in their 7 away league games this season is a concern though.

Derby matches are very hard to predict and that's certainly the case when it's Derby playing in a local derby. Far too many derbies involved! I think Forest could edge this one. It's a difficult one to call but Derby have really struggled on the road this season and if they can't handle your average away day then how can they be expected to handle a derby away day?

Nottingham Forest to Win @ 2.20 with Bet365

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.92 with Marathonbet

@waynecoyne, @sajtion, @arvee, @canaries91, @Mindfulness, @betcatalog, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @CloughandTaylor, @Tiffy, @Gidds, @chris50, @PokerWolf1, @teddybear3011, @skyblues88, @allyhibs, @Icongene, @KikoCy, @willie82, @Neubs, @Papa Lazarou, @kulikTS, @Valkovets, @Pipoca, @padman, @Marek76, @silver fox, @neilovan, @HastGill1, @jazzman02, @andypaps28, @Kenton Schweppes, @rangers234, @newjack, @Kane91, @yossa6133, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Xcout, @branskie, @Wanderer89, @Hitch, @four-leaf, @trevor8, @OppoArchitizerLady, @Power90, @THEODORE-007, @KeyserSoze1, @Ulrik, @Rey86, @freddie01, @gruja, and @the bastardian.

QPR vs Middlesbrough

My second preview for the Championship games this weekend seemed like a bit of a no-brainer. It's play-off chasing QPR versus relegation threatened Middlesbrough in a 3pm GMT kick-off this Saturday at Loftus Road. These two sides are battling at opposite ends of the table and with the season growing the pressure on those managers under-performing will slowly start to grow with it.

QPR could not have expected a much better start this season. Mark Warburton's side are 9th in the table and only 2 points off the play-off pace. This is after a winless run of three league games as well. Rangers will want to put an end to that unwanted streak but they'll need to do it at a home ground that has only brought them 3 wins from their 8 league games on home turf. It will also need to be done against a side against whom they have lost 5 of the last 6 encounters. These are different times though.

Middlesbrough were on the verge of promotion back to the Premier League under previous managers Aitor Karanka and Tony Pulis. The appointment of Jonathan Woodgate appears to have been a disaster with the club in 22nd place in the table and 2 points adrift of safety. It's now 8 league games without a win and no league goal scored in over 363 minutes of football. The fans seem divided in who to blame with half saying Woodgate's tactics are terrible and the other half saying he needed more investment from owner Steve Gibson. However, the majority seem united in saying Woodgate's time is up.

OK, so I understand that QPR are going through a bumpy patch right now too but Middlesbrough are awful. They look impotent in front of goal. You always feel like they could concede at any moment. It's negative play and it's only going one way. Woodgate won't survive much longer. Gibson should just stop denying the inevitable. QPR will win here and put Middlesbrough a step closer to finding a new manager.

QPR to Win @ 1.92

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 2.22 with Marathonbet

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Championship

Barnsley have drawn their last 3 home matches in Championship.
There have been under 2.5 goals scored in Leeds’s last 7 home games in Championship.
Middlesbrough have failed to score in their last 4 matches in Championship.
Birmingham have won with a 1 goal margin in their last 3 home matches in Championship.
Luton have lost with a 1 goal margin in their last 3 matches in Championship.

You can find interesting 69 Football Betting Streaks for 09.11.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-09-11-2019-16338

Reading FC vs Luton Town

Reading FC

Doubtful: Liam Moore (14/0 d, probably in), Rafael Cabral (12/0 first goalkeeper, probably in), Charlie Adam (4/0 m)

Out (injuries/other): Lucas Boye (10/0 f), Lucas Joao (10/1 f)

Suspended: -

Luton Town

Doubtful: Izzy Brown (12/0 f)

Out (injuries/other): Danny Hylton (0/0 f)

Nottingham F. vs Derby County

Nottingham F.

Doubtful: Michael Dawson (9/1 d, probably in)

Out (injuries/other): Carl Jenkinson (3/0 d), Alfa Semedo (8/1 m), Samba Sow (9/0 m), Michael Hefele (0/0 d), Tendayi Darikwa (0/0 d), Yohan Benalouane (0/0 d)

Derby County

Doubtful: Craig Forsyth (0/0 d)

Out (injuries/other): Scott Malone (11/1 d), Tom Huddlestone (10/1 m), Ikechi Anya (0/0 m)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Cardiff vs Bristol City

A lot of attention was on the South Wales Derby the other weekend but for any lifelong Cardiff fan they will tell you that the real derby match this season is the Severnside Derby against Bristol City. The latest meeting is set to take place this Sunday at 12pm GMT at the Cardiff City Stadium. How will this match end with both teams desperate to get all 3 points to keep pace with the play-off chasers.

Cardiff have had their fair share of ups and downs already this season. The 4-2 win against Birmingham last weekend was a strange one because we looked really poor until Danny Ward got sent off. That seemed to spark us into action. On the plus side, Curtis Nelson appears to have offered an alternative to the woefully flat-footed Sean Morrison/ Aden Flint centre-back partnership which was a major issue. Only Preston possess a better home record than Cardiff in the Championship this season and when you consider that the Bluebirds are unbeaten against Bristol City at home since 14th December, 2002 this is Cardiff's game to lose.

Bristol City fans have plenty to be pleased with so far this season. Lee Johnson's men are 6th in the table on 25 points and only 5 points off the pace of league leaders West Brom. The Robins also boast an impressive away record having only lost 1 of their 8 matches on the road. Their record against Cardiff over recent years is poor though having won just 1 of the past 7 encounters. However, they are unbeaten in their last three league games.

This is a dodgy one to call for me. My immediate gut instinct is to back a draw but I always say to you that you have to back a Neil Warnock Cardiff side to win at home. We still have some under-lying issues and the absence of a proven striker remains an issue. Omar Bogle may well get his chance but the lack of a cutting edge up top could be our downfall. I'm too scared to back us to win so I'll punt for a score draw.

Draw @ 3.68 with Marathonbet

BTTS @ 1.70 with William Hill

There is not much in the championship that jumps out this weekend. I have a feeling for Stoke, manager eventually sacked and players who have been playing below par. I fancy them to get something at Barnsley.

I also think Fulham can score goals and have quality in the final third and will get something at Birmingham.

That said anything can happen in the championship so I will go with the double chance draw or away win. Add to that Millwall to over power Charlton and a home win at the den and that gives me a treble at 3/1.