Announcements
*** Punchestown Festival Competition: Well done to 1st. Craig Bluenose, 2nd. Lee Grays & 3rd. Carole Dawney ***
** April Poker League Result : 1st kevsul, 2nd Rob Valk, 3rd McG **
** Last Man Standing Results - glavintoby & Redno2009 both win £125 **
** April Naps Competition Result: 1st Sugardaddyken, 2nd TRAINMAD091, 3rd Harry Faint99, 4th Gary66. KO Cup Winner Waggy, Most Winners: Xtc12 **

Non-League Predictions > November 2nd

I often mention about football betting being all about small margins and sometimes things will fall in your favour and sometimes they won't which was the case on Tuesday. Bromley should have beaten Stockport, but despite going close a few times in the 2nd half they couldn't quite manage a goal. So a disappointing end to the month, but November has plenty to look forward to and I can't wait to get stuck into the FA Cup next weekend. First though we have a full set of league fixtures and 5 bets have caught my eye.

Wrexham v Bromley

Two teams who I put up ante-post for the National League face each other on Saturday and it would have been nice if it had been 1st v 2nd, instead its 22nd v 1st as Wrexham have had a disastrous season. Given the way the season has gone Wrexham fans will be especially frustrated that their season has gone so badly because before a ball was kicked it really looked a good opportunity for them to go and get promotion in a wide open division. Dean Keates needs to turn things around fast, but although he has seen them progress in the FA Cup and the Tunnock's Cup the league form continues to be disappointing and they have only picked up 2 points in their last 6 games. I'm sure Keates will turn them around, but this will be a really tough game for them and Bromley look a very big price to pick up 3 points. Wrexham have been well backed during Thursday (I'm guessing down to the Asian punters) and that has meant a decent drift on the away side. As I mention above Bromley should have won on Tuesday and they continue to look like a side who have every right to be challenging for the title.There is no reason for them to be as big as 13/5 and it is well worth taking.

Blyth Spartans v Farsley Celtic

I mentioned the about Blyth's improved form and they won that game against Curzon which they followed up with a really good 2-2 against Chester. They look a big price at home to Farsley. When I tipped Celtic up to beat Kidderminster a couple of weeks ago I mentioned that despite their good form they had a pretty kind fixture list. They then duly put in a poor performance in defeat. I think this game will be a lot closer than the bookies have it and at 13/5 I will take a chance on the home team continuing their improved form.

Darlington v Hereford

Another team in the North East who are improving are Darlington and they have won 3 on the bounce now including a 1-0 win when they hosted Kidderminster on Wednesday night. I fancy them to beat a Hereford side who aren't doing all that well under Russel Slade. They have won just 3 of their last nine games and only the win against Gateshead is of any value. They lost to Bradford Park Avenue and Southport in their last two games and Dalrington look the better team at the moment.

Gateshead v Guiseley

It is a North East special this week as I am also tipping up Gateshead who look a big price at odds against. They haven't played a league game since they beat Gloucester 1-0 on October 12th and they were completely dominant in that match. Indeed one Gloucester fan mentioned it could easily have been a 7-0 defeat. They have the FA Cup to look forward to next weekend, but I am sure they won't let that get in the way here especially as Guiseley aren't in good form at the moment. Just the one win in their last 6 games and they have lost their last 3 away games 3-1, 3-1 and 4-1. Gateshead look a big price at odds against.

Concord v Hemel Hempstead

I put up Hemel last week and they let the double down, but they should have won and the shocking weather last Saturday also had a part to play. This is an interesting game given the Hemel manager was in charge of Concord last season and he took a few players with him when he changed clubs as well. Not surprisingly given Concord reached the play-offs, Hemel are having a very good season and they are looking very strong as I pointed out last weekend. You can be certain the former Concord people now at Hemel will not be wanting to lose this one. Obviously that also gives Concord incentive as well, but they have dropped away after a good first month or so of the season and they have lost their last 5 league games. If this was a normal game I would have gone bigger on Hemel, but there is that slight difference to it so I am sticking to a point. Even so Hemel are the better team and have to be backed at current odds.

Bromley 1pt @ 27/10 with BetVictor

Blyth Spartans 1pt @ 13/5 with BetVictor

Darlington 1pt @ 67/50 with Marathon

Gateshead 3pts @ 109/100 with Marathon

Hemel Hempstead 1pt @ 31/20 with BetVictor

In normal circumstances I’d have been all over us but we are short on players and for that reason I couldn’t be backing us. If we had been playing anyone half decent I’d have opposed us but the good thing for us is Curzon are crap so we might get away with it. Nothing at step 3 for me tomorrow 

I like the look of Yeovil on the -1 at 27/10....the Isthmian Prem looks a bit trappy tho Bowers possibly a bit long at 41/20 at Merstham, and I've thrown in my team half time full time at 3-1 away at Stortford as we tend to lead early when we win, and our forward line is in cracking form.

Fair play to 10 bet, they re still happy to lay - proper bookie imo for anyone struggling to get bets on.

Eastleigh v Harrogate

I must admit I get the feeling Eastleigh are going to call this game off given their injury crisis and there is an inspection planned in the morning, but Harrogate are a big price at 15/8. I was tempted to put them up in the first place, but on given it a further thought I think they are a bet. Eastleigh have a lot of players missing through injury at the moment, especially in defence and given Harrogate have been in great form of late you would fancy them to take full advantage of that fact. Harrogate have almost gone unnoticed given they made a slowish start, but all of a sudden they find themselves in 4th place just 4 points of the top of the table. All things considered I would make them favourites so if it does go ahead they look a good bet.

Harrogate 1pt @ 15/8 with BetVictor