** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

LOI, NIFL, WFL predictions 18th - 19th Oct

I didn't bet last night; Caernarfon were rightly favfourites against the Driuds but too short for me.  I couldn't find an angle on the other game I liked although with hindsight a draw was predictable.

Saturday...

TNS should win at Penybont but have been unpredictable, and had to come from behind to beat Penybont at home, so I'll give it a miss.

Cardiff MU v Connah's Quay:  Both are unbeaten this season, although the students have been held to some disappointing draws in recent weeks.  I lean towards the away side but not with much confidence as a draw is likely too; the bookies are probably about right and I'll keep away.

Airbus have begun to show a glimmer of form after a disappointing start to the season and are slowly climbing the table.  Newtown are looking a mid-table side.  I've gone for Airbus at the general 15/8; a slight long shot but I think that's where the value is.

The big game, and my destination today, is Barry at Bala.  Bala have a highly entertaining front three (including league top scorer Chris Venables).  I've not seen Barry this season, but a total of six goals conceded all season shows they have the defence to stand a chance of keeping their hosts quiet, and sneaking a goal is a plausible scenario.  I can see this one being incredibly close, but I do think there's some legs in Barry DNB at the general 5/4.

Bala Town vs Barry Town

The Cymru Premier gives us a game that is close to my heart this week. It's a Bala Town team that my own club has a close affiliation to up against league leaders Barry Town whose players we have come up against a lot in the past. Kick-off is scheduled for 2:30pm on Saturday afternoon at the Maes Tegid in Bala and it's going to be tough to separate these two teams.

Bala Town are starting to build some momentum. Three league wins on the bounce has seen Colin Caton's men rise to 4th in the table and they are now just 4 points behind their opponents today. Their home form has been a bit hit and miss over the course of the season with 3 wins and 2 losses but they're undefeated in their last three competitive matches on home turf.

Barry Town have been sublime this season. Gavin Chesterfield's men still lead the way with 23 points from their 9 league games. Only Connah's Quay and Cardiff Met Uni also possess unbeaten records this season. It's now 4 league games won on the bounce and it's hard to see who is going to inflict a first defeat on this very well-oiled Dragons unit. That said, given Bala's recent home form they stand a fair chance of giving Barry a real game today.

I keep swaying between backing a narrow 1-0 away win for Barry which has become a bit of a trademark for them this season or thinking Bala might actually catch them on the hop. Barry's postponed game against Penybont means they've had some rest but sometimes that can be a bad thing if you're enjoying the momentum of a winning run. Due to the fact I can't decent I'll have to go for a low-scoring draw.

Draw @ 3.66 with Marathonbet

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 2.30 with Betfair

Stevie, 

Sorry I have not been posting, I have had alot on personally and felt unable to provide solid tips. I must say from watching the thread week to week your tips on the Welsh Premier have been outstanding, especially as almost all of them are over evens on the odds.

Any idea what your success rate is on the Welsh Prem to date this season?