** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Non-League Predictions > October 19th

Darran

It is all about the FA Cup this weekend as Non-League teams will be looking to get into the 1st Round and who knows one of them might get the bye into the 2nd Round. I have 7 bets in the FA Cup although I also have one bet in the BetVictor Southern Premier League Central.

Chorley v Spennymoor

This two played in the play-off final last season and Spennymoor lost out in a penalty shootout. Spennymoor have suffered from a hangover from that as I have mentioned before, but they certainly seem to be improving and I think they have a chance of causing an upset here. Chorley keep drawing in the league and are also great at keeping clean sheets. In the league it is clearly all about getting a point first and then if they can sneak 3 then great. It is clearly effective although getting points won't keep them up. Given this is a cup tie I can't believe they are going to be so defensively here especially as they won't really want a replay. Spennymoor are good enough to pick them off and I am sure they will want to get back for the play-off heartache. The 5/2 with Bet365 is appealing.

Halifax v Harrogate

Halifax cost us last week when they were playing a tired Boreham Wood side, but still failed to break them down. That made it 3 games now that they have failed to score at home and given Harrogate's form has seen a big improvement they look value at Betway's 13/5 to reach the 1st Round. Harrogate are unbeaten in 7 games now and got a great win at Yeovil last Saturday. They frustrated their hosts and I can imagine they will be capable of doing the same here and I just don't think there is as big a gap as the betting suggests their is.

Havant & Waterlooville v Dulwich Hamlet

Havant should really be doing better than they are in the league and it is their home form that has been letting them down. They have only won 1 of their last 5 home league games and have lost their last two. I think that gives Dulwich a chance here especially as they are performing better on their travels at the moment and I just can't make them as big as the 4/1 Bet365 have made them.

Remaining previews will be brief.

Maidenhead v Wealdstone

Wealdstone having a superb season having only failed to win 2 games and they must fancy their chances of causing an upset here. They had only picked up 2 points in their previous 8 games before beating Ebbsfleet last week and Wealdstone will be a tougher test in my view.

Hartlepool v Brackley

Surprised the home side are odds on here. I thought Hignett was unlucky to lose his job, but they certainly showed their class winning 3-0 in their first game since his sacking. They are a good side and given Brackley's away form has not been strong this season I think they can reach the first round here.

Welling v Eastleigh

Eastleigh are in pretty good form and have only lost one of their last nine games. Welling have had two very easy draws to get to this stage and they have only won one of their last 6 games and that was against bottom of the table Hungerford. The away side are the better team and odds against looks big to me.

Oxford City v Margate

Margate are frustrating me given they were one of their ante-post tips and they aren't quite consistent enough so far. However on their day they are a good side and with their hosts only having won 2 games in the league all season there is a real chance of an upset here for me.

Rushall Olympic v AFC Rushden & Diamonds

Rushden haven't won in 7 games now. They drew 1-1 for 4 games on the bounce and then lost 8-2 and 3-0 twice so that is 14 goals conceded in their last 3 games. Rushall are having a little blip after a superb start to the season having lost their last two, but this looks a good opportunity to get back to winning ways.

Spennymoor 1pt @ 5/2 with Bet365

Harrogate 1pt @ 13/5 with Betway

Dulwich Hamlet 1pt @ 4/1 with Bet365

Wealdstone 1pt @ 9/4 with Bet365 and Betway

Hartlepool 2pts @ 6/5 with Marathon

Eastleigh 2pts @ 111/100 with Marathon

Margate 1pt @ 71/20 with Marathon

Rushall Olympic 2.5pts @ 53/50 with Marathon

Hi Daz,

What your thoughts on the following 

Gateshead  v Colne.    Minus 1 Gateshead 37/40  A very good step 2 side always strong at home against a decent step 4 side.  For me too big a gap and especially at home Gateshead should win although not expecting an hammering I think 2-3 - 0 sounds about right

Notts county v Belper Town.    Minus 2 13/10  My thinking is a good step 1 team v a very average step 4 team at Meadow lane should be comfortable in the end for County.  I would expect Belper to frustrate them but once they concede you would think county should go on and score 2-3

Alvchurch v St Ives 

I also like the look of Alvechurch at home to St Ives who are crippled with injuries and almost got beat by Leiston who are the worst side at step 3 in the country for me.  Alvechurch are not great but decent at home and with St Ives very long injury list and after tuesday nights travel and game I think 11/10 is a good price

Bromsgrove v Nuneaton

Bromsgrove first season back at step 3 and are starting to find their feet, the striker Mikey Taylor is on fire and scored 6 in 4 with Greg mills recently joining aswell a potent strike force.  Nuneaton excellent at home but yet to win away from home.  Big budget Nuneaton just cant get it right away from home and I expect it to continue saturday.

Bromsgrove 6/4

South Shields v Grantham Town

I think its agreed South Shields are the stand out team in the Northern Premier league.  I am expecting a bit of a spike after they lost their first league game last saturday at Witton Albion.  Always very strong at home and have lots of quality through their squad. Grantham have really struggled over the last 18 months since the manager left and moved to Coalville.   I hope and expect a comfortable home win again for Sheilds against a young Grantham side.

South Shields minus 1 4/5

Not sure odds on for a handicap bet offers great value myself even though you would expect Gateshead to win by more than one. I would imagine Notts county will rest a few players which would be a concern for them covering the -2 for me. I considered bromsgrove myself but left them alone in the end

Normally I would say not great value but with a 3 division and 2 division gap its the best you get,  Any thoughts on Hitchin at Leison? Hitchin seem to have picked up over the last 6 games and Leiston apart from Tuesday against injury riddled St Ives have been really poor