** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Naps - Sunday Oct 13th (Goodwood OFF)

Argus 2.00 Goodwood (E.Way 10/1 Bet365)

I didn’t expect to find a £400k yearling running at Goodwood this Sunday. Argus got his career off to a great start with three wins from his first five races (one was in a class 2). In 2017, he moved to Mrs Dunn’s stables and it’s been more quantity than quality since (3 wins from 23). However this jockey and trainer combination can conjure a winner having had a 50/1 second just this week.

Curragh 4:25 Royal Illusion - 12/1 betvictor e/w thanks 

Royal Illusion - from Willie Mullins yard they won the UK Cesarewitch with Stratum the surprise winner for yard at a big price and maybe he could do the double winning both so I've went for another one of Mullins who sends four runners out today, The 7yo has been successful at 1m 4f and 1m 7f on good ground; has also won two NH flat races over 2m in November last year so has no problems with distance, Although conditions where on good to yielding I don't expect the condition today will bother him as his last race 31 days ago at Listowel 1m 6f soft he finished 2nd beaten 2,25 lengths by Rock De Baune who he meets again today but there a 5lbs swing for Royal Illusion

• BillyHills changed the title to Naps - Sunday Oct 13th (Goodwood OFF)

For the second time this month I chose to play safe with the shorter priced horse for my nap yesterday and selected River Icon over Gulliver.  Though I won on the day it was pretty annoying for me once again.  I thought I had learned my lesson last time with The Accountant.  I will try my level best to select the higher priced horse in the future.

I am reduced to go to Irish racing today if I want a selection.

My selection is Dalton Highway in the 4.25 at the Curragh one point win at 13.0 with skybet 

I have resisted to tip Medicine Jack at 6.0 in the 3.50 at the Curragh so I guess that may win instead, haha

Replacement Tip

I was disappointed to see Goodwood was off as I thought Argus had a good chance

Khafaaq 5.00 Curragh (Win 6/1 Corals)

However, I am really excited by my alternative Khafaaq. He cost €140k as a yearling which is about 3 times more than his most expensive rival. What intrigues me is his last three form figures were 077 (nothing to write home about) but on each occasion the money came for him 14/1 to 7/1, 28/1 to 18/1 and 22/1 to 17/2. The expectation must be that he will click soon.  He has a lot in his favour today, he is ridden by experienced apprentice A J Slattery (over 50 winners), wears cheek pieces (for the first time) and he is back down to a mile a distance he has won over.