Announcements
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
*** October Competition Winners: Well done to Roland Cooper (NAPS), BillyHills (KO Cup), Theodore007 (Football Tipster Competition), Bagzi (Last Man Standing Comp) & Demios (Poker) ***
Sir Puntalot

Boxing Tips: October/November/December 2019

Chisora v Price

This is such a hard fight to predict because both have flaws and big strengths too. Price has serious power and even David Haye said that he's sparred with a ton of heavyweights and only Wilder hits harder than Price, which is some statement in itself. However, he does seem to gas and has a dodgy chin.

If Price can box Chisora for a good few rounds and not use up too much energy it could well be a Price win on the cards. However, I think Chisora knows that and will just smother him into a street fight where one of them will absolutely get knocked out and while a lot of people will be on Chisora for that, he's really not a top flight heavyweight, more like European standard to me. Of course neither is Price, so at the odds the value is definitely with Price in my opinion. If David Haye and Dillian Whyte can KO Chisora, then Price certainly can too.

So while it's probably a fight best watched than bet on, I just have a gut feeling Price will knock Chisora out with his big bombs as long as he doesn't freeze or gas himself out.

Price to beat Chisora by KO/TKO/DQ @ 5.00 (4/1) Betway

I think it really depends which Chisora turns up. As you say Punt, Price's chin worries me too. If Chisora lands early, it could be all over. I'm going to take Chisora late, but I can see why anybody would go for Price as value. If he can use his reach and stay out of the way of the big punches then who knows? but for me, even then, Price would need more stamina to win this one.

4pts D.Chisora to win rounds 7-12 5/2 paddypower

Hasn't Price only had 3 weeks notice too? His stamina is dodgy at the best of times! Saying that I'd love him to win. Always felt he needed to adopt the Wlad template after his early career defeats! 

14 hours ago, Zico10 said:

Hasn't Price only had 3 weeks notice too? His stamina is dodgy at the best of times! Saying that I'd love him to win. Always felt he needed to adopt the Wlad template after his early career defeats! 

He's been in the gym constantly as he knows he would be a good shout for a reserve, so no worries there - only his chin. :lol 

It's really hard to call, but I think the value is with Price considering how hard he hits and his confidence is better now than previously. 

15 hours ago, Fader said:

I think it really depends which Chisora turns up. As you say Punt, Price's chin worries me too. If Chisora lands early, it could be all over. I'm going to take Chisora late, but I can see why anybody would go for Price as value. If he can use his reach and stay out of the way of the big punches then who knows? but for me, even then, Price would need more stamina to win this one.

4pts D.Chisora to win rounds 7-12 5/2 paddypower

Yup, his stamina is always a huge worry, but he seemed to work that out much better against Allen. Instead of looking for the bombs, he was more patient, but Chisora is another level or 2 up from Allen for sure, but still a very limited boxer in my opinion, as is Price. So hard to call and nobody can be convinced their bet is a banker in this fight. Should be great viewing in what is a fantastic card - who's the hot blonde on first too? :loon 

4 hours ago, Sir Puntalot said:

Yup, his stamina is always a huge worry, but he seemed to work that out much better against Allen. Instead of looking for the bombs, he was more patient, but Chisora is another level or 2 up from Allen for sure, but still a very limited boxer in my opinion, as is Price. So hard to call and nobody can be convinced their bet is a banker in this fight. Should be great viewing in what is a fantastic card - who's the hot blonde on first too? :loon 

didn't know about the hot blonde? haha

Well Price buzzed him a couple of times, I think it would have been a knock down had the ref not got in the way too!

In all honesty, Price froze again and let Chisora take control, so it's time for Price to retire now as he's just not able to perform at this level as the pressure just gets to him.

What a fight the Taylor v Prograis was by the way! :loon 

Derrick Lewis - Blagoy Ivanov

I know that Ivanov was stabbed in a club in Sofia a few years ago,but I think he has a good manager.

His first fight in UFC was against J.dos Santos who is a strong opponent and he lost,but after that he was facing beatable opponents.

And after just 3 fights 2:1- he's 8th in the rankings!!!

What I think is that his agent and UFC are pushing him for the Heavyweight Championship.

He is liked by most Bulgarians (not like the other two Bulgarian stars Dimitrov(tennis) and Pulev (boxing)) and he can take a win.

Lewis is a "KO-outer" and Ivanov is more of a "durable" fighter who wants to fight in close distance.

Whoever wins will have a go for the Championship and I bet for Ivanov.

Also I don't think that Diaz has no chances tonight in the Main Event.Masvidal is nothing special,he had luck last few matches (34-13) .He has much hype with the 5 sec KO against  Askren but Dias is the better fighter IMO.

So...

Ivanov @ 1.90 bet365

Diaz @ 2.30 bet365

sry for the wrong section.

I now see that it's for boxing only.

It's for UFC 244 3 Nov.

I don't think UFC deserves a new thread.,also I publish 3-4 hours before kickoff.

Edited by Dr. Florida192