** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

L1 & L2 Predictions > Oct 12th & 13th

Bristol Rovers vs MK Dons

Even though the international break is on we still have a couple of lower league matches to consider with a full League One and League Two fixture schedule coming up. Our focus is on the game between an in-form Bristol Rovers and a struggling MK Dons side at the Memorial Stadium in a 3pm BST kick-off this Saturday. Can the home team continue their decent run or will the away side return to winning ways?

Bristol Rovers are doing very well under Graham Coughlan right now. The Pirates are on an unbeaten run of five league matches with 3 wins in their last 4 league games. It's a set of performances that have seen the club rise to 8th in the table and just 1 point off the play-off positions. An impressive undefeated home record this season with 3 wins and 3 draws has formed the basis for this positive start. The team will be looking to add to that record here.

MK Dons have struggled with consistency all season but four defeats in a row in the league with just 1 goal being scored in those matches is creating a depressing atmosphere around the club. Paul Tisdale will want to see his team return to winning ways quickly otherwise their current league position of 17th place and 6 points clear of the relegation spots could worsen. It's now 7 defeats out of their 11 league games this season and 7 goals conceded in their last 4 away matches.

This seems like an obvious pick but we've been bitten before here. I can understand why @THEODORE-007 is favouring the away win because it's the exact sort of outcome that happens when the stats favour the home side so much. I just think MK Dons didn't look close to sorting out their issues last weekend and with Rovers building some great momentum at home this will be a game they'll be keen to win.

Bristol Rovers to Win @ 2.10 with BetVictor

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.87 with Betfair

Football Facts and Streaks regarding League One

Oxford have scored at least 3 goals in their last 3 home matches in League One.
AFC Wimbledon have lost their last 6 away matches in League One.
Peterborough have scored at least 3 goals in their last 3 home matches in League One.
Doncaster have drawn their last 3 away matches in League One.
Bristol Rovers are undefeated in their last 7 home matches in League One.

You can find interesting 47 Football Betting Streaks for 12.10.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-12-10-2019-16071

Blackpool vs Rotherham

Blackpool

Doubtful: Sullay Kaikai (10/3 m, 2nd top scorer), Joe Nuttall (8/0 f), Nathan Delfouneso (5/2 f), Mark Howard (0/0 g)

Out (injuries/other): Jordan Thompson (10/1 m, national selection)

Suspended: -

Rotherham

Doubtful: Chiedozie Ogbene (1/0 f), Kyle Vassell (4/0 f)

Out (injuries/other): Freddie Ladapo (10/3 f), Adam Thompson (0/0 d)

Oxford United vs Doncaster Rovers

Oxford United

Doubtful: -

Out (injuries/other): Ben Woodburn (11/1 m), Anthony Forde (10/1 m), George Thorne (1/0 m), Jamie Hanson (5/0 d), Malachi Napa (0/0 m)

Doncaster Rovers

Doubtful: -

Out (injuries/other): Kazaiah Sterling (3/0 f), Cameron John (6/1 d), Matt Blair (5/0 m), Alex Baptiste (2/0 d)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

16 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Bristol Rovers vs MK Dons

Even though the international break is on we still have a couple of lower league matches to consider with a full League One and League Two fixture schedule coming up. Our focus is on the game between an in-form Bristol Rovers and a struggling MK Dons side at the Memorial Stadium in a 3pm BST kick-off this Saturday. Can the home team continue their decent run or will the away side return to winning ways?

Bristol Rovers are doing very well under Graham Coughlan right now. The Pirates are on an unbeaten run of five league matches with 3 wins in their last 4 league games. It's a set of performances that have seen the club rise to 8th in the table and just 1 point off the play-off positions. An impressive undefeated home record this season with 3 wins and 3 draws has formed the basis for this positive start. The team will be looking to add to that record here.

MK Dons have struggled with consistency all season but four defeats in a row in the league with just 1 goal being scored in those matches is creating a depressing atmosphere around the club. Paul Tisdale will want to see his team return to winning ways quickly otherwise their current league position of 17th place and 6 points clear of the relegation spots could worsen. It's now 7 defeats out of their 11 league games this season and 7 goals conceded in their last 4 away matches.

This seems like an obvious pick but we've been bitten before here. I can understand why @THEODORE-007 is favouring the away win because it's the exact sort of outcome that happens when the stats favour the home side so much. I just think MK Dons didn't look close to sorting out their issues last weekend and with Rovers building some great momentum at home this will be a game they'll be keen to win.

Bristol Rovers to Win @ 2.10 with BetVictor

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.87 with Betfair

My friend steve, theo has learn to take the risk in high odds.

I make many years practise to learn to take risk on england matches and i`m proud.

Now try to give my lights.

I have a different kind of thought because i hunt only high odds and look the match elements from the opposite side of what you see.

This is the reason why you cant understand my tips.

All the power off the bettors is the high odds hunting.

If you see at form Dons lost the last four games. Looks like the stock-market. England football looks like a stock-market. So Coming closer the passion win for the Dons.

You can see the last away games for the Dons. Scored in all with one or two or three goals.

All tips coming by a deep thought from me.

But you cant understand them because the most mates here play low odds. They affraid to risk in high odds.

You must understand. High odds is the knife to cut the throat of the bookmakers.

Edited by THEODORE-007

53 minutes ago, THEODORE-007 said:

This is the reason why you cant understand my tips.

Oh no, Theo, I think you misunderstood. I said I can understand why you're backing MK Dons. You're right about different approaches to sports betting though. That's what makes it so interesting. Love hearing your thoughts and how you came to the decisions you do. :ok

I am with Stevie on this one and will take Bristol Rovers at evens in an acca. They are on a good run and I have a friend who is a rovers fan. They have been unlucky with some of the games they have lost before this run. They got beat by Burton Albion and should easily have won with a good away performance, conversely MK got beaten 3-0 playing at home to Burton last week who aren’t exactly prolific goal scorers.

Add to that a play off place beckons with a win and the fact that Bristol rovers have won the last two meetings between these teams then I think the bookies have priced it about right.

That said there is always value in the away win, particularly in the Championship. I think your Forest Green pick is the more likely of the two as they have a good young squad and are hard to beat. The double chance at 11/10 looks good value to me.

Good luck with the away wins.

Exeter vs Forest Green

We turn our attention to League Two for our second preview this weekend. It's a highly-anticipated clash between 1st and 2nd at St James Park in a 3pm BST kick-off this afternoon when table toppers Forest Green travel to their closest competitors Exeter. The result of this game could have a huge impact on the destination of the title come the end of the season so this is a big one.

Exeter fans will be pleased with their club's start to the season with 6 wins, 5 draws, and just 1 loss. Matt Taylor has done a cracking job since he came in and if his side can take all three points here then they'll move to the top of the table. A concern for the Grecians is that it's now three league games without a win and just 1 win in their last 5 league games. It was also a disappointing day when they last played at home as the team succumbed to a 3-1 loss against play-off chasing Grimsby.

Forest Green are leading the way in League Two and Mark Cooper's stock continues to rise as a manager. Rovers have won 7, drawn 3, and lost 2 of their league games so far. An inconsistent start to the season has now been rectified and the club is now unbeaten in their last 6 league games. This has included a range of impeccable defensive displays with five clean sheets kept in that period.

The odds seem quite in favour of the home side given the difference in form of these two sides. Exeter have impressed me this season and Exeter do edge it in the ELO ratings. Forest Green just look so confident right now though. If they were available at shorter odds then I wouldn't be tempted to back them but I feel they can get something from this game so have to back a double chance.

Forest Green Double Chance @ 2.19 with Marathonbet

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.77 with Betdaq

milton keynes can beat anyone on their day. they have lost 4 games in a row so a recovery is to be expected soon. i am still not convinced bristol rovers can keep a clean sheet even though statistically they have been very good especially at home. this match seems like its heading for a score draw and both teams to score is a given.

if you fancy milton keynes go for both teams to score or score draw

if you fancy bristol rovers go for them to score in first half or win 2-1

Agree with your thoughts on the Bristol Rovers game Steve  and the ever present banana skin of the unexpected result which Theo  bravely  pursues!  Two factors I would chuck in are a/Burton are quietly moving back to the form that took them into championship so are better than they may appear after a poor start to season and b/ dons carry a goal threat away from home (see below).  

However.....the mood is not good in the Dons camp with the manager saying that the current long injury list (a few people playing out of position inc covering centre half spot ?) being sorted will not fix more “fundamental” problems. 

Maybe a BTTS game. 

28.09.2019 L1 Sunderland 2-1 Milton Keynes Dons l.gif
14.09.2019 L1 Blackpool 0-3 Milton Keynes Dons w.gif
03.09.2019 FLT Stevenage FC 0-3 Milton Keynes Dons w.gif
31.08.2019 L1 Accrington Stanley 2-1 Milton Keynes Dons l.gif
27.08.2019 LC Southend Utd 1-4 Milton Keynes Dons w.gif
17.08.2019 L1 Wycombe 3-2 Milton Keynes Dons