** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Premier League Predictions > Oct 19th - 21st

eplratings.jpg

The international break is upon us but it's never too early to check out the next round of Premier League games coming up in a couple of weeks. Manchester United versus Liverpool is the big one this round. Let us know what bets and predictions you have in mind! :ok

Aston Villa v Brighton

Villa are coming off an excellent demolition job of Norwich City prior to the International break. They are obviously playing well, and it is a surprise that Jack Grealish can't get a call up into the England squad.

Brighton have not scored in 3 away league games and I feel that the drought could continue here. I expect Villa to take a 1st half lead and win. They have lost just one first half game at home in their last 9.

More importantly it is also my pick for the 'last man standing' competition, where I hope to progress further than the 1st hurdle (this time).

Man United v Liverpool 

Man United just nowhere to be seen. They are in a mess, and doubts are growing regarding Solksjaer's ability to solve the problem.

Realistically the mandate for a manager/coach is to have a solid game plan(tactics), help players reach their full potential, create an environment where the team and club can prosper, and deliver an appealing style of play on the pitch.

Does Solksjaer even tick any of these boxes? Would any other Premier league team want him as their manager? All he has done so far is give the youngsters the chance. But anybody could have done this ! What else is he bringing to the table apart from no experience and a poor track record.

One plus in his favor, is that he has not compounded Man United's bloated squad and transfer errors. All three signings look decent, and are definite upgrades of what was there.

Here is the deal for United and Woodward. Sell Pogba to Real Madrid for 120 million. Forget the combination of Ben Chilwell and James Maddison from Leicester. Just get Maddison, as you already have Shaw on a 50 million 5 year contract. Then forget about Mario Mandzukic and rather buy Callum Wilson from Bournemouth with the left over money from the Pogba sale. Great January business.

I just don't think they can rely on Martial, who is inconsistent and prone to injury. You need a solid center forward who can hold up the ball and do his best work in the 5 yard box. Rashford is not your man for this task.

Regardless of what United do, they need to sort out a director of football. Ajax have a perfect candidate (ex Man United keeper Edwin van der Saar), who is doing things brilliantly. Woodward won't move here because he is probably scared that  van der Saar takes his job. The sales of Jasper Cillessen, Arkadiusz Milik, Davy Klassen, Davinson Sanchez, Justin Kluivert, Frenkie de Jong and Matthijs de Ligt banked Ajax a cool 250m over 3 years. Imagine how good Ajax would be if they were not a feeder club?

Regarding Sunday's game the less said the better. I think Liverpool win it easily and could give United an absolute flat handed baba-knuckle :spank.

Interesting that the odds on United winning have dropped from 8-1 to 5-1 now that Pogba is not playing :lol:rollin.

Am going away win and over 2.5 goals in this game.

Edited by neilovan

Bournemouth vs Norwich

The Premier League is back baby! It's felt too long and I'm speaking as a Welshman whose national side had a relatively positive international break! Anyway, it's Bournemouth versus Norwich in a 3pm BST kick-off this Saturday afternoon at the Vitality Stadium that kicks off our previews. Not the most glamorous of fixtures but there's some value to be had here people!

Bournemouth have been a delight to watch this season. Eddie Howe's men are situated in 10th place but it feels like they have the potential to go higher. It's now two league games without a win for the Cherries but given that has been a 2-2 draw against an in-form West Ham and a narrow 1-0 loss away to Arsenal that shouldn't be looked into too deeply. They've only lost 1 of their 4 league games at home and they could move into the European qualification spots with a win here.

Norwich started the season in a positive mood but it feels like the wind has been blown out of their sails recently. Daniel Farke's men have picked up some memorable results including the 3-1 home win against Newcastle and the momentous 3-2 victory at home over reigning champions Manchester City. However, the glaringly worrying fact is that it's 6 defeats from their 8 league matches and 4 defeats from 4 games on the road in league competition.

Teemu Pukki's goals have dried up and with just 1 goal in the last 310 minutes of league football it's not looking great for the Canaries. Bournemouth may play in a way that gives Norwich a chance to go at them but this away form for Farke's men has become a huge issue. I'm not sure the away side will get anything here and it looks like their three game losing streak in the league will continue. Callum Wilson also had 4 goals in his last 4 games for Bournemouth so he's worth backing to score any time against a Norwich side that has conceded an average of 2.63 goals per game.

Bournemouth to Win @ 1.77 with Marathonbet

Anytime Scorer: Callum Wilson @ 2.15 with Coral

@Mindfulness, @Pep004, @MaliMisko12, @betcatalog, @sajtion, @godofhorses, @Tiffy, @waynecoyne, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @Duke_Tm, @dogmeister, @Arkadi Manucharov, @derbent, @fat, @allyhibs, @6avin24, @discipline, @the bastardian, @Bronxie, @Bett@KikoCy, @teddybear3011, @markus808, @allthethings, @Kenton Schweppes, @vasilli07, @Dylan Lynch, @neilovan, @JKos, @zemo91, @kulikTS, @mrclubbie, @Judeksi, @Henind666, @Teodore, @kilkenny1, @newjack, @PokerWolf1, @Dave1X2, @real55555, @jazzman02, @Ameer13, @Gedkip, @mcsilks, @MangoTheThird, @Roy The Boy, @DonPaulo, @Duckets, @yossa6133, @sjuesju, @dylanphan, @thfc, @Dboston, @Dr. Florida192, @money44, @1moregoal, @ggm31v, @EuroDream, @ndanmak, @cummins91, @vicsuna, @abigail, @Carovie, @thfc, @Hitch, @Ameer, @LimMouse, @freddie01, @Ulrik, @i1_principe, @BobEire, @doverwhite, @jimbo584, @Kingdom forand @AndreBR.

Bournemouth against Norwich......the former is very good at home.I will tip them to easily win that one.

Spurs are very poor at the moment but maybe the break will help them.I see them bouncing back to win against a poor Watford side.

Chelsea should win against Newcastle.They are a side that is improving with each game....

Bournemouth home win might be the bet of the weekend. Maybe Bournemouth with -1 asian handicap too. There's always the fear that Norwich might have finally sorted out their defence, but on the other hand Norwich hasn't been able to score many goals on away matches either. Moreover, I think Pukki might be a bit tired after two EURO 2020 qualification matches (and plenty of travelling that comes with it) even though he scored 2 goals against defensively quite weak Armenia.

I’ll keep this short as I’m currently at work.

I tend not to get involved in matches where Norwich are playing but this weekend is an exception.

Bournemouth at 8/11 (various) are an absolute banker. Norwich have got progressively worse since the start of the season, have been woeful away from home and are still plagued by an injury crisis. One or two of the 13 injured players are back in training but this weekend will come too soon for them. Norwich still have big problems personnel wise in the centre of defence and central midfield.

Bournemouth with handicaps will also be worth looking at. 

Edited by canaries91

22 minutes ago, Judeksi said:

Bournemouth home win might be the bet of the weekend. Maybe Bournemouth with -1 asian handicap too. There's always the fear that Norwich might have finally sorted out their defence, but on the other hand Norwich hasn't been able to score many goals on away matches either. Moreover, I think Pukki might be a bit tired after two EURO 2020 qualification matches (and plenty of travelling that comes with it) even though he scored 2 goals against defensively quite weak Armenia.

Spoiler alert! Norwich haven’t sorted out the defence. ?

AFC Bournemouth V Norwich City

AFC Bournemouth -0.75 AH @ 1.925 Matchbook

Bournemouth look like they're becoming the public bet of the weekend which is never a good sign but I have to agree with the previous posters here. This looks to be a game between two sides that like to get on the front foot and go for the throat. The difference between them is that Bournemouth are the more adept at said strategy whilst also having a stronger defence. Norwich's defensive issues are well documented both on this thread and in general, we can also be fairly confident that Daniel Farke wont change the way his team play. An expansive and soft centred Norwich is surely what the doctor ordered for a team like Bournemouth, especially on home turf. 

The main concern here is that we are heading into this fixture off the back of the international break. We don't quite the know the fitness status of the players returning from international duty. Sometimes this can cause underperformance despite the situation looking good on paper. Should also be noted that Norwich still carry a dangerous offensive threat and teams simply cannot afford to be complacent or lower concentration when playing them.

Ultimately, if this game does turn into a wacky duck shoot then I favour Bournemouth to outscore their opponents. If we see a strong performance from Eddie Howe's side then a wider margin of victory is possible given the current status of this Norwich team.

I never thought I'd see the day a visiting team to Old Trafford would be long odds on, with Utd at 5.5.  How times change.  Liverpool have won 17 straight PL games, though that run nearly came to an end in their last match vs Leicester.  Utd we know are not the same team of old, and have some injuries and a lack of strikers.  The odds are perhaps justified, but for me the price on Utd is big enough for me to take a chance on them with a +1 handicap at 2.2.  Liverpool's run will end sooner or later, and this is perhaps a tougher game for them than the odds are implying, as most of Utd's worst form is away from home.  The game finished 0-0 last season under similar circumstances and Liverpool haven't won at Old Trafford in Klopp's time with the club.    

Liking the look of some of the longer odds this weekend.  West Ham at 4s must have a good chance of adding to Everton's misery.  They have won two of the last 4 PL games at Everton, and that was when Everton were stronger and West Ham weaker than the current teams.  Everton have lost their last 4 PL games, including two home defeats so are in no great form at all.  West Ham are a bit inconsistent, but have a goal threat.  These two teams should be much closer in price than they are for me, so West Ham are definitely a value pick for me this weekend.

I can see Burnley making life hard for Leicester and think Burnley +1 at 2.45 is a fair price for this one.  Burnley have been solid all season, and have only lost to Arsenal (unlucky to lose) and Liverpool (fair enough).  There is a lot of hype about Leicester but they are only two points ahead of Burnley, and I don't think there is all that much between the two teams.   Burnley will be tough to break down and have a goal threat of their own so I don't think Leicester at long odds on holds any appeal.  

Going to also go with Palace +2 vs Man City at just over evens (bet365).  City don't seem to be performing to the same level as last season and Palace tend to keep things tight.  Again, there is only two points between these two teams after nearly 1/4 of the season and while i'm not suggesting Palace are anywhere near the level of Man City, i'm not sure Man City should be such long odds on.  Palace have a 0-0 draw and a 3-2 win against Man City in recent times, so I fancy them to keep it tight enough for them to land this bet.  

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Premier League

Norwich have lost with at least a 2 goal margin in their last 4 away matches in Premier League.
Brighton have failed to score in 75% of their last 8 away matches in Premier League.
Man City have won 91% of their last 11 away matches in Premier League.

You can find interesting 48 Football Betting Streaks for 19.10.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-19-10-2019-2-16141

Everton V West Ham Utd

West Ham Utd +0.25 AH @ 2.24 Matchbook

This is an extremely difficult game to predict between two teams on a similar level. I think it's fair to say that Everton are in a bit of a false position in the league given the talent they have in their squad. Despite this, they have not been ruthless enough infront of goal so far this campaign and I think it's fair to say that West Ham have the edge in the chance conversion department as things stand.

Certainly in terms of form and confidence you would have to say West Ham have the edge aswell. Some might argue that the international break came at a good time for Everton given how bad their form was, but, is that enough for them to suddenly turn things round in this key game?

As @thfc has already said, West Ham is the value play here, clearly I'm not alone in questioning why the Hammers are so long in this situation. Could it be the fact that they lost their last league game at home to Palace? I watched said game and West Ham will be scratching their heads as to how they did not win that one or at least get a point, their performance was good at any rate.

Ultimately the asian lines for Everton V West Ham just don't make sense. Current Everton 0 line is around 1.45 while West Ham 0 line is around 2.85??? On paper this is a very close game in my view and said 0 AH lines should be much closer together in price. West Ham have been playing with less pressure and are the more ruthless infront of goal over the course of the season so far. I wouldn't be suprised by any outcome in this game but to get West Ham +0.25 AH well into odds against territory seems generous to me.

2 minutes ago, Mindfulness said:

I would also say that Chelsea, Wolves and Liverpool are all potential coupon killers this week and should be avoided.

You can probably add spurs to that list too the way we are going.  Hoping the international break came at a good time for my team

4 minutes ago, thfc said:

You can probably add spurs to that list too the way we are going.  Hoping the international break came at a good time for my team

nah since flores returned as manager of watford they have been even worse. tottenham are not a bad side, they just needed rest and to refocus.i think international break has done that

18 minutes ago, thfc said:

Hopefully Tottenham can improve and get the win as they are my last man standing pick for this week and seem to be the least worst option from the short priced favs this weekend.

Chelsea FC vs Newcastle Utd

Chelsea FC

Doubtful: -

Out (injuries/other): N'Golo Kante (4/2 m), Andreas Christensen (6/0 d), Antonio Rudiger (1/0 d), Ruben Loftus-Cheek (0/0 m), Marco van Ginkel (0/0 m)

Suspended: -

Newcastle Utd

Out (injuries/other): Matt Ritchie (3/0 m), Florian Lejeune (0/0 d)

Suspended: Isaac Hayden (7/0 m)

Leicester City vs Burnley FC

Leicester City

Out (injuries/other): Matthew James (0/0 m)

Burnley FC

Doubtful: Jack Cork (7/0 m), Ashley Barnes (8/4 f, top scorer)

Out (injuries/other): Johann Berg Gudmundsson (4/1 m), Daniel Drinkwater (0/0 m)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

14 hours ago, sajtion said:

newcastle is probably banker of the day with chelsea youthful young side giving plenty of chances to opposition and without ngolo kante. it's perfect opportunity for steve bruce and newcastle to take advantage.

I think Chelsea will pound Newcastle probably 3 or 4 nil. Man United are just so useless that Newcastle looked reasonably good. 

Edited by neilovan

3 hours ago, neilovan said:

I think Chelsea will pound Newcastle probably 3 or 4 nil. Man United are just so useless that Newcastle looked reasonably good. 

I cant agree with you,why? Because first of all Chelsea this year are playing with much dose of youth than experience,and thats main reason why are so unpredictable.Also every team has a problem with breaking depth formation 5-4-1 who likes to play on long balls and counter attack.Chelsea on this international duty gave on possible lineup 8 player,at other side Newcastle gave 4 players.Today Frank Lampard cant count on NGolo Kante who is for me the best DMF at whole premier league big handicap for them.Also they are playing with Tomory and Zouma as main central defenders.Tomory is youth player but he have problem with reading the game,also have but positional feeling especially at defending set piece.Attentional I just watched him against Valencia in UCL and when Chelsea make a sub and started to play with 4 defenders as Andreas and Tomory as who CB they conceded a goal from set piece and Rodrigo get in behind from Tomorys back.Main reason why I think that Newcastle will score a goal or they can draw or win the game(3.50 bet365) is that Barkley and  Jorginho as DMF and they dont have good defensive work.At other side I get impression that Newcastle playing better when they smell that they can beat the teams from "top six" .This season they bet Tottenham away from home and Man United at home.What I mentioned before thay are playing depth 5-4-1 formation as two very fast wings.I cant see who Marcos Alonso can get I fight with Almiron as we know that Alonso is better in attacking duties than defensive.Also I like the stlye of playing Joelinton who likes to play the back turned of the goal so good luck to all of us.

I can't believe some of you saying Man U could potentially cause upset guys be real please... Man U is relegation material nowdays it's absolute pain watching them, it hurts me cause once long time ago I was fan. Liverpool might put 6 or 7 goals in their net and humiliate them big time and I reckon that they might do just that.

Man U    0 - 6   Liverpool

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Premier League

Liverpool have won with a 1 goal margin in their last 3 matches in Premier League.
There have been under 2.5 goals scored in Man Utd’s last 5 games in Premier League.
Liverpool have scored at least 2 goals in 94% of their last 17 matches in Premier League.
Liverpool have won their last 17 matches in Premier League.

You can find interesting 47 Football Betting Streaks for 20.10.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-20-10-2019-16161

Manchester United vs Liverpool

The big game of the weekend is coming up on Sunday afternoon at 4:30pm BST when old rivals Manchester United and Liverpool go head-to-head at Old Trafford. It's a match that doesn't quite have the anticipation of previous encounters with one team really struggling to assert their influence on the league this season and the other team running away with the lead at the top of the table.

Manchester United are in trouble. Make no bones about it. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was going to be a failure. That's what thousands of Cardiff fans like me predicted. The Red Devils are currently in 14th place with just 9 points from their first 8 league games of the season. That puts them just 1 point above the relegation zone. Rumours are that a heavy defeat in this game will be the end of Solskjaer. Injury worries plague the team with Paul Pogba, David De Gea, Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Anthony Martial, Luke Shaw, Jesse Lingard, Phil Jones, and Mason Greenwood all doubtful. A worrying stat is that United have not scored more than 1 goal in any of their last 10 competitive matches. They are also on a run of just 2 wins in their last 13 league games. A loss for United will give them their worst start to a league campaign since the 1986/87 season.

Liverpool come into this game in complete contrast. Jurgen Klopp's side are 1st in the Premier League with a 100% record of 24 points from their first 8 league games. The Reds are the reigning European champions and look in a prime position to add the Premier League title to their cabinet. It's early days yet though. A win here would give Liverpool a record-equalling 18th consecutive top flight league win. One stat that should make Liverpool fans cautious is the fact they have won just 2 of their last 13 away games against the "reputed top six" sides in the top flight.

If there is any hope to take heading into this game for United fans then it's the fact that their side have gone undefeated against Liverpool over their last six home matches in all competitions. However, four of the past six meetings between these two have ended in a draw with three of those ending 0-0. I can't see both teams cancelling each other out here. I think this will be a new painful experience for United fans with Liverpool winning 2-0 or even 3-0.

Liverpool HT/FT @ 2.75 with BetVictor

Liverpool -1 @ 3.10 with SpreadEx

The two clubs have met 54 times in the Premier League. United are much better in the preseason with 28 wins, while Liverpool have 14. Solskier's team has accumulated the fewest points in the same season since 1989. Unable to stop Liverpool from appearing to be a good team apart it also has currents, scoring with relative ease
MANCHESTER UNITED vs LIVERPOOL FC @@LIVERPOOL FC, odds 1.70