** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Betting Tipster Or Scam

MikeG

Hi,

I received an e-mail out of the blue by someone giving me tips about bets. I thought it might be scam, but so far the bets have won.

I am quite suspicious and paranoid about e-mails that arrive from people I don't know. But this one has been different. And so far the tips have been great. I am told I can pay to receive more tips. Can it be trusted? Anyone ever heard of this? He told me they don't have online website or business name. What do you guys reckon?

Mike

I don't think it is scam though. The tips so far even generated money. And the payment that I would be required to give is less than what I won from the profits. So what do I have to lose. If the tip made you money, and you just use the money you made from the tip to pay for the tipster membership, I don't see how that is a scam. It also doesn't make sense, because clearly the tipster has the ability to make a shit loads of money from the bets. So I don't think he would need to do that for a lousy £100 when he can win so much more than that. I am still trying to make sense of all this though.

Why do tipster require customers? They certainly don't need us to make money. They can just use the information for themselves to make money from the bets. So why would they need subscribers? The person has been responsive so far.

22 hours ago, MikeG said:

I don't think it is scam though. The tips so far even generated money. And the payment that I would be required to give is less than what I won from the profits. So what do I have to lose. If the tip made you money, and you just use the money you made from the tip to pay for the tipster membership, I don't see how that is a scam. It also doesn't make sense, because clearly the tipster has the ability to make a shit loads of money from the bets. So I don't think he would need to do that for a lousy £100 when he can win so much more than that. I am still trying to make sense of all this though.

Why do tipster require customers? They certainly don't need us to make money. They can just use the information for themselves to make money from the bets. So why would they need subscribers? The person has been responsive so far.

What you don't realise is, you actually contradicted yourself here. Just understand that I personally have been betting for 30 years and placed my first bet aged 15. What I don't know, really isn't worth knowing when it comes to tipsters. Plenty here will say the same thing. A classic example is the tipster emailed 10 different people about a 10 runner horse race. He advises each person to back a different horse, hence guaranteeing himself a punter who gets reeled in and believes him. How do I know this is real? I was part of a scam like this when I was 22. The horse won at 12/1 despite drifting, which obviously didn't make sense and I just ignored all further contact as logic told me it just wasn't right. For the record, I was the punter who backed the 12/1 shot, yet I still saw through the scam.

However, your last 2 lines which I've quoted are the right questions to ask - there is just no need to pay for tips, but should you do so, well that's your decision. :ok