Announcements
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
*** September Competition Winners: Well done to Mickyftm32 (NAPS/KO Cup), & Avongirl (Poker) ***
Sign in to follow this  
Fader

World Grand Prix

This event gets started on Sunday. Here is the draw :

(1) Michael van Gerwen v Jamie Hughes
Jeffrey de Zwaan v Steve Beaton
(8) James Wade v John Henderson
Mervyn King v Dimitri Van den Bergh
(5) Michael Smith v Simon Whitlock
Joe Cullen v Ian White
(4) Gary Anderson v Keegan Brown
Ricky Evans v Chris Dobey
(2) Rob Cross v Mensur Suljovic
Glen Durrant v Krzysztof Ratajski
(7) Peter Wright v Max Hopp
Adrian Lewis v Jermaine Wattimena
(6) Gerwyn Price v Dave Chisnall
Stephen Bunting v Jonny Clayton
(3) Daryl Gurney v Danny Noppert
Vincent van der Voort v Nathan Aspinall

Although you wouldn't say MVG is in hot form, I'm still looking more to the bottom half in terms of outright picks. I'll first go to my trusted friend in Gurney. Always underrated and a nice draw. I will be interested to see him up against Aspinall. Next up, Glen Durrant. Also in that bottom half, I'll be taking him AND Ratajski as I just can't split them at the moment and their due to meet.

Just for giggles, I'll take small stakes on James Wade in the top half as it's very rare you'll see odds over 20/1 on him.

2pts E/W D.Gurney to win Grand Prix 18/1 sportingbet
2pts E/W G.Durrant to win Grand Prix 25/1 betfred
1pt E/W J.Wade to win Grand Prix 25/1 ladbrokes
1pt E/W K.Ratajski to win Grand Prix 66/1 betfair

Poor show by Evans who lost 2-0 and only averaged under 80.When  I back Dobey he gets beat but when I back against him he wins.Never mind that has been my luck this weekend.Had a 4 timer on and 3won but Man City let me down,I suppose luck changes so mine must be around the corner lol.Well onwards and upwards.Good Luck

I think there is very much chance for upset in the last 2 matches tonight. MVG and Gary Anderson both look vulnerable. I'll take Hughes and Keegan Brown and hope one can produce the shock.

I fancy Aspinall to beat Noppert tonight. Aspinall had a pretty good 92 odd average in his first match and Noppert in my eyes got abit lucky in the end. Gurney threw away multiple match throws. I'll take Aspinall -1.5 as I would expect him to win no worse than 3-1. I'll also take Chisnall at the same handicap. Chizzy looked pretty good against Price and indeed has had a good season so far.

5pts N.Aspinall (-1.5 legs) to beat D.Noppert evens coral
5pts D.Chisnall (-1.5 legs) to beat S.Bunting evens betfred
1pt Accy - Aspinall(-1.5) / Chisnall(-1.5) / Durrant / Wright(-1.5) BETFRED 13/1

Chizzy done the business. Aspinall really should have won easier than 3-2 but hey ho! 

tonight a few I like. Chisnall faces Aspinall and I think the trouble on the doubles for Aspinall really hands it to Chisnall here. I'm going to take a small punt on the -1.5 handicap also. I also like the look of Merv King to atleast get a set against MVG. Merv has beaten King in the past and wont be scared of him by any means.

5.5pts D.Chisnall to beat N.Aspinall 10/11 ladbrokes
6pts M.King (+2.5) to beat MVG 4/6 bet365
1pt Accy - Dobey(+1.5) / Chisnall(-1.5) / King(+2.5) / Durrant - 10/1 betfred

Semi-finals tonight and although I would much rather Durrant win. I am backing Chisnall. He has the far better scoring at the moment and I think that will be enough for him to win with ease to be honest. I expect a 4-2 kind of score but Chisnall is somehow the underdog at evens and I'll take that. In the other match, I expect Dobey to freeze if I'm honest. I think MVG takes it about 4-1/4-2.

5pts D.Chisnall to beat G.Durrant evens paddypower
2pts D.Chisnall to win the match / most 180s / highest checkout 3/1 betfred

Both winners lastnight. The final in my eyes is all about if Chisnall freezes in the moment of that all elusive win. For me, MVG wins this and probably to the scoreline of around 5-3 possible 5-2. I don't think there is enough value for me to bet and I'm gonna give it a swerve. No bet