** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

LOI, NIFL, and WPL Predictions > Oct 4th - 6th

@Wiltshire Shot and @Cheltenhamwhite, what predictions do you guys have for these matches this weekend? I'm enjoying how the Cymru Premier is shaping up this season. Having played against a lot of the Barry Town side before with my team I couldn't be prouder of them! Genuinely a decent bunch of blokes too which makes a nice change from the idiots at TNS and Cardiff Met doing well.

Newtown vs Barry Town

The Cymru Premier gives us some interesting odds this weekend and, as @Bang on has pointed out, the price on Barry Town for their trip to Newtown on Saturday afternoon for a 2:30pm BST kick-off at Latham Park appears to be quite generous. Naturally, I thought I'd do a bit of digging and focus on this game for this week's preview and try to work out why the odds on the league leaders are so inflated.

Newtown have had an inconsistent start to their league season. Chris Hughes has seen his team manage 2 wins, 3 draws, and 3 defeats from their league games so far. Just 1 defeat in their last 4 matches gives an insight as to why the bookies think they might offer a stern challenge for their opponents in this game. Dig a little deeper to find that they have an unbeaten record at home in the league with 1 win and 3 draws. Struggling to get the wins but certainly making sure they don't lose. The Robins will be a tough side to break down.

Barry Town are in dreamland. The heady days of the 1990s and 2000s could be coming back to South Wales. Gavin Chesterfield's side are sitting top of the tree in the division with 6 wins and 2 draws from their 8 league games so far. The Dragons are unbeaten in the league so far and the narrow 1-0 win away to reigning champions TNS last game was a huge statement of intent.

This Barry Town side is looking like a serious proposition this year. Five clean sheets in a row is a massive sign of their defensive dominance in games and with the club 4 points clear at the top of the table with a 100% record on the road it seems hard to imagine them losing here to a lower mid-table outfit. The big question is whether they can sneak the full three points? I reckon they can. I wouldn't be surprised to see them notch up another trademark 1-0 win. I'll still recommend the draw no bet though... just to be safe!

Barry Town Draw No Bet @ 2.15 with RedZone

Total Goals Scored Under 1.5 @ 3.50 with Betfair

Stevie is right, the league is interesting at this stage as it looks as if it might not be a stroll for TNS.  This weekend is also interesting as in all six matches the higher placed team is away.

I can't add to Stevie's eloquent preview of Newtown/Barry, so won't.  I was going to ignore it as my bets on a low number of goals usually come unstuck, but the suggestion of Barry DNB is inspired :notworthy because it takes out the plausible draw and still gives good odds. 

TNS should have too much for Caernarfon, but have been fragile.  I'm not brave enough to go with Caernarfon, nor with TNS at the price.

I did like Penybont at home to Aberystwyth but the 6/5 came in to below evens before I could get on.  Of the two I prefer Penybont to win, but the value might now be with Aberystwyth but they were disappointing when I saw them at Bala last week so I'm not brave enough to back them.

After travelling the length of the country last week only to be postponed at Cardiff due to (I can't resist mentioning it) 'Shirtgate', Cefn Druids have a home game against Bala.  Bala haven't done as well as I expected this season.  Although I think they're the better side their inconsistency stops me backing them here.

Cardiff's students make the journey to Airbus this week.  Airbus's two wins this season have come against fellow-strugglers, while Cardiff are unbeaten.  I'm happy to take anything above evens and got Cardiff at the general 11/10.

Elsewhere, Connah's Quay should have too much for Carmarthen but 4/6 doesn't appeal.

Finally, I don't normally look at the Cymru South but I'm on fifth place Ammanford to win at home to eleventh place Goytre (edit for completeness Livescore and official site league tables are different presumably a delay in updating but the stats are the same) .  11/10 (general) for the home side would normally look about right to me given league positions, but after a shaky start Ammanford have won all of their last five while their visitors' form has been more mixed so I think there's some value.  This is one based on stats rather than knowing anything about either side.

Edited by Wiltshire Shot
Clarification

Football Facts and Streaks regarding League of Ireland Premier Division

Waterford FC have failed to win their last 7 home matches in  League of Ireland Premier Division.
Waterford FC have lost 86% of their last 7 home matches in  League of Ireland Premier Division.

You can find interesting 22 Football Betting Streaks for 08.10.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-08-10-2019-16032