** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Championship Predictions > Oct 4th & 5th

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Championship

Birmingham have lost their last 3 matches in Championship.
Birmingham have lost with a 1 goal margin in their last 3 matches in Championship.
There have been under 2.5 goals scored in 80% of Birmingham’s last 10 home games in Championship.

You can find interesting 38 Football Betting Streaks for 04.10.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-04-10-2019-16004

Birmingham City vs Middlesbrough

Birmingham City

Doubtful: Cheick Keita (0/0 d), Jonathan Grounds (0/0 d), Agustin Medina (1/0 m)

Out (injuries/other): Josh McEachran (0/0 m), Jefferson Montero (2/0 m), Maikel Kieftenbeld (0/0 m)

Suspended: -

Middlesbrough

Doubtful: Jonny Howson (6/0 m)

Out (injuries/other): George Friend (1/0 d, captain), Rudy Gestede (3/0 f), Hayden Coulson (2/0 d)

Suspended: -

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Birmingham vs Middlesbrough

The Friday night game in the Championship this weekend throws up a tight fixture between two sides struggling to meet expectations in the table this season when Birmingham host Middlesbrough in a 7:45pm BST kick-off at St Andrew's. Both teams are on a terrible run of form at the moment so can this be the game that re-ignites their season or will the poor results continue?

Birmingham fans are still scratching their hands about why the club let Garry Monk leave. The former Swansea manager was putting good things in place at the Blues. His replacement, Pep Clotet, hasn't exactly been a disaster with the club currently in 14th place and 5 points off the play-offs but with three straight defeats in the league and a 1st Round exit from the EFL Cup it's not really looking too great again.

Middlesbrough took a gamble by getting rid of the experienced Tony Pulis and replacing him with the inexperienced Jonathan Woodgate. The Boro are sitting precariously in 20th place just 4 points above the relegation zone. It's now three league games without a win for the club and just 1 win in their last 6 games. I have to admit, they were really poor against Cardiff the other week. We weren't great but still should have stuck 3 or 4 more on them.

A major concern for Woodgate is that his team's away form is dreadful. They have failed to win on the road under his management so far. The plus side is that Middlesbrough have beaten Birmingham in each of their last four meetings over the past two seasons. Middlesbrough are also undefeated against Birmingham in each of their last 10 league meetings. Britt Assombalonga could be one to watch out for here because he's scored 6 times against Birmingham including 4 since he joined Boro. I think a draw seems the most likely outcome here with both teams cancelling each other out.

Draw @ 3.20 with Betfred

Anytime Scorer: Britt Assombalonga @ 3.30 with Betfair

@waynecoyne, @sajtion, @arvee, @canaries91, @Mindfulness, @betcatalog, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @CloughandTaylor, @Tiffy, @Gidds, @chris50, @PokerWolf1, @teddybear3011, @skyblues88, @allyhibs, @Icongene, @KikoCy, @willie82, @Neubs, @Papa Lazarou, @kulikTS, @Valkovets, @Pipoca, @padman, @Marek76, @silver fox, @neilovan, @HastGill1, @jazzman02, @andypaps28, @Kenton Schweppes, @rangers234, @newjack, @Kane91, @yossa6133, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Xcout, @branskie, @Wanderer89, @Hitch, @four-leaf, @trevor8, @OppoArchitizerLady, @Power90, @THEODORE-007, @KeyserSoze1, @Ulrik, @Rey86, and @the bastardian.

West Brom vs Cardiff

It's a huge game for my Cardiff side this weekend after the elation of that 3-0 win over QPR in midweek. We travel to the Hawthorns on Saturday afternoon for a 3pm BST kick-off against the impressive West Brom. The momentum we are starting to build will face its biggest challenge against a home team that are wounded after their narrow 1-0 loss away to promotion rivals Leeds during midweek.

West Brom made a controversial decision to sack Darren Moore and replace him with Slaven Bilic. It is a decision that appears to have been a wise one. The Baggies started the season unbeaten before their midweek loss in a run of results that included 5 wins and 4 draws. These results elevated the team into the automatic promotion places and even after the Leeds loss the club remains in 3rd place on 19 points.

Cardiff had a slow start to the campaign with just 2 wins from their opening 7 league games and an early exit from the EFL Cup. The Bluebirds have settled things down now and Neil Warnock's men are currently on an undefeated run of their own that now stretches 7 league games including winning 2 of their last 3 league matches. Just 5 goals conceded during those 7 matches has been a very pleasing statistic after the defensive frailties from earlier in the season. Alex Smithies settling into his role as the new number one in light of Neil Etheridge's injury has been key to that.

It's been a while since these two clubs last met in the Championship with the previous meeting coming back in February, 2010. That game ended as a 1-1 draw. We can expect goals in this game with West Brom having failed to score in just 1 of their last 37 league matches at home. If you're into your spooky stats then Baggies fans will tell you they hate October. Their team has won just 3 of their last 26 matches in all competitions during the month of October. I think they'll get the win here. Cardiff are still lacking that quality needed to compete with these big guns. We'll give it a real good go and will fight them close but West Brom should have enough to sneak a win.

West Brom to Win @ 1.83 with Betfred

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.71 with Marathonbet

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Championship

Barnsley have failed to score in their last 4 away matches in Championship.
West Brom have won 80% of their last 10 home matches in Championship.
Stoke have failed to win their last 15 matches in Championship.

You can find interesting 54 Football Betting Streaks for 05.10.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-05-10-2019-16007

Swansea vs Stoke

Well, when I was looking for the final Championship preview this weekend I could not believe my eyes when I saw the odds on one home win. League leaders Swansea play bottom-placed Stoke in a 3pm BST kick-off at the Liberty Stadium on Saturday afternoon and it seems unreal that the home side are actually being offered over a price of 2.00 by some bookies.

Swansea have had a cracking start to their season. It pains me to say it but they're looking like a side that can go up if they can keep their key players fit. Pontypridd lad Steve Cooper isn't endearing himself to his neighbouring Cardiff people with such success! :lol Anyway, credit where it's due, the Jacks are top of the tree with 21 points from their 10 league games so far. It may only be 1 win in their last 4 games but that 2-1 victory away to Charlton was a big acid test of how they can bounce back after a few poor results.

Stoke are a mess. As a Merthyr boy, I wanted Nathan Jones to succeed. He did a brilliant job at Luton and it's sad to see them doing better than his Stoke team. He attempted to clear out the dead wood in the summer but his insistence with staying loyal to sum error-prone players and his stubbornness over the 4-4-2 diamond will be the end of him. Personally, I'm amazed he's not been sacked after that midweek 1-0 loss at home to Huddersfield. Defeat here with 8 losses and 2 draws from their 10 league games already will surely be the final straw.

The statistics heading into this game are mixed. On the one hand, Swansea haven't won back-to-back league games against Stoke since 2011. However, Stoke haven't won an away fixture at Swansea in the second tier of English football since April, 1955. I think Swansea's in-form players of Andre Ayew, Borja Baston, and Bersant Celina will make mince meat of this fractured Stoke side. I can't see anything other than a Swansea win and Jones step further towards redundancy.

Swansea to Win @ 2.06 with Unibet

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.86 with Betfair