Announcements
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
Sign in to follow this  
Fader

World Open (Inc Qualifiers)

The Qualifiers for this get started on Wednesday. They have a break inbetween the qualifiers and the start of the tournament and inbetween that, the English Open gets played so it's not a tournament I'm going to go too big on. Perhaps an outsider has a chance for this.

First up, I'm going to take Wenbo on the handcap. I'm quite tempted by the 11/8 on offer for the -3.5 handicap also but will stick with this one to be safe. Filipiak has lost his last couple of matches 5-1 and 6-1 without so much as a 50 to his name and Wenbo, despite his loss to Mann, performed well at the Shanghai Masters and should have too much for Kacper.

Jak Jones is a decent player and you'd have to think that he would care more about this event then Hawkins with the Open around the corner. Hawkins must be alitle tired after going pretty deep last week also so I think Jones can keep it tight atleast.

O'Connor looks a good price against an out-of-form Carrington. Quite temped by both laying Tom Ford and also tempted by Bingham on a handicap as I can see Bingham hitting abit of form over the next couple of months but I'll leave it there with these 3.

7pts L.Wenbo (-2.5 frames) to beat K.Filipiak 4/7 betfair
5pts J.Jones (+2.5 frames) to beat B.Hawkins 4/5 bet365
5pts J.O'Connor to beat S.Carrington evens bet365

God that was painful last night. O'Connor 3-0 up and 50+ up in the 4th and goes and loses 5-3. Awful. To make matters worse, the ones I left alone all won. -3.5 for Wenbo. Ford losing and Bingham winning easy. Atleast Wenbo come through.

Today I like just a couple. First up, I'm going to take another punt on Jimmy White. Hamilton is scoring pretty well to be fair and probably better than White. I just am hoping that I'm ready Jimmy well and it looks like he is practising more and has alittle bit more about him now.

Michael White is a player I tend to lay all the time and to good effect. I think he's only beaten one player this year. I would like the opposition to be alittle better than Jordan Brown if I'm honest, but i'll take Brown here. 11/10 is a good price on a player that has had some good results this year.

Finally, I'll take Nigel Bond to roll back the years and beat Daniel Wells. I just think this price is too big. Bond beat Wells 4-0 in their last meeting 2 years and and has a 2-1 head-to-head. Wells is hardly on fire right now. You'd only say the Hawkins win was a good result for him personally and Hawkins is very hit and miss early on in the season. Bond is hard to read on his start to the season. He beat Ferg O'Brien 6-2 and he's been easily beaten by Robertson and Saengkham (which you'd expect)

4pts J.White to beat A.Hamilton 7/4 william hill
5pts J.Brown to beat M.White 11/10 bet365
4pts N.Bond to beat D.Wells 9/4 ladbrokes

2/3 yesterday at some nice prices. Bond was a beauty of a price and won easily. Infact both him and Brown did. Jimmy 3-2 up but struggled to build breaks.

Today there isn't a great deal I like. I'm looking around but as of yet, nothing.

this continues tomorrow (early hours)

First up in the outrights, I'm going to take some real big prices in this. Ricky Walden is the first. He looked in real form in the English Open and I have to follow him in this. His draw looks decent enough, He would have Selby in R2 but after the win for Selby who knows if he takes this one seriously. Walden looks way overpriced. Same with a guy i followed in the English Open at a big price and that is Un-Nooh.

He actually went out to Walden and again the draw can be nice for Un-Nooh if the form stays with him, this week. Finally, I'll take Mei Xiwen a chance to shine this week. A nice draw and fresh from a deep run at the English Open.

1pt E/W T.Un-Nooh to win World Open 100/1 bet365
0.75pts E/W R.Walden to win World Open 200/1 betfair
0.5pts E/W M.Xiwen to win World Open 225/1 betfair

2 i like in the matches. The first I like is McGill against Matthew Stevens. McGill has won both head-2-heads although a while ago. Stevens has only beaten the likes of Thor Leong, Dale and Jamie O'Neill this season. I expected more from McGill in the English Open but I think he can win this one.

secondly, I'm taking Ian Burns to beat Steadman. Both these two players have been poor this season. Steadman beat Mike Dunn to get here but prior to that, he had lost the last 4.Whereas Burns has lost all his matches this season. Burns won the last h2h though and I think he may step it up here and turn the form around.

6pts A.McGill to beat M.Stevens 5/6 bet365
5pts I.Burns to beat C.Steadman 6/5 bet365

1/2 today then. Burns 100% one to lay all season by looks of it. 3 i like for tomorrow :

Li Hang is the first. He takes on Zhang Anda at 6.30am UK time and in my opinion you'd have to fancy Hang. Li Hang has actually had a decent start to the season, beating the likes of Bingham and has won the only h2h. Next up, I'll take Vafaei against Haotian. Vafaei is still in a rich veign of form. Losing to Ronnie is no embarrasment. Since he has beating Mann 5-1 with 4 50+ scores. Finally, I'll take a punt on Holt to beat Brecel. Brecel hasn't played a great deal this season and looked alittle rusty at the UK Open, going out to Stefanow.

5pts Li Hang to beat Z.Anda 4/5 bet365
5pts H.Vafaei to beat L.Haotian 4/5 bet365
2pts M.Holt to beat L.Brecel 7/4 bet365

2/3 then. Li Hang poor, losing to Anda. The outrights not looking the best, but in Un-Nooh, I'm very happy to be on at 100/1

Few for tomorrow. First, David Gilbert has played McGill twice already this year and beaten him both times, 3-1 and 6-1. Gilbert shouldn't even be here really, after going 4-1 down against Xintong but he battled back to win 5-4 and now very much has a nice route to the Semi-finals or maybe even further. McGill is playing well in parts but he's just too inconsistent for me to back him at the moment and I'll take Gilbert on the handicap.

I'm also backing Murphy on the handicap. Dott isn't playing well at the moment in my eyes. He beat Jordan Brown 5-2 but with only 1 50+ break. Miah in the previous round, not once did he make a 50+ break. Not to mention Murphy has already beaten him 6-4 this year, I can't see Murphy going worse than 5-3. Next up, I'm very tempted to back Guodong to beat Lisowski (much like I did in the English Open) but at 6/4 it's just not good enough for me this time. Instead, I'll take a punt on Martin O'Donnell against Ding. Ding just doesn't look right to me. I've never fully rated the guy, but he's just lost to Dale and I would put O'Donnell in the same kind of bracket. Infact, Martin beat Ding in their last meet-up and only meet-up last year. 6-4.

Finally, I'll take Slessor to beat Akani. Akani was gifted a bye, on account of Maguire pulling out. Prior to that, he qualified by beating an 18yr old. He's only beaten Gould, Lichtenberg, Li Yingdong and Choon Kiat this season. Half of those, I doubt you'd have heard of. You wouldn't say he is playing awful, but Slessor for me, is playing abit more consistent. He beat a good player in Xu Si in the previous round and beat Ryan Day in the previous round.

5pts D.Gilbert (-1.5 frames) to beat A.McGill 4/5 bet365
5pts S.Murphy (-1.5 frames) to beat G.Dott 4/5 bet365
5pts E.Slessor to beat S.Akani 11/10 willhill
2.5pts M.O'Donnell to beat D.Junhui 14/5 betfair

not a good day 1/4. Murphy was the biggest disappointment. Looked like he couldn't care less. 

Just the one tomorrow for me. Yuelong to beat Carter. I think this would be first test for Carter and Yuelong is really playing well and although Carter beat Yuelong in the Worlds, Yuelong took a 5-1 start and beat him the previous year, so a "first to 5" is very much a chance for Yuelong here.

5pts Yuelong to beat Carter 11/10 bet365

On 10/27/2019 at 3:39 PM, Fader said:

this continues tomorrow (early hours)

First up in the outrights, I'm going to take some real big prices in this. Ricky Walden is the first. He looked in real form in the English Open and I have to follow him in this. His draw looks decent enough, He would have Selby in R2 but after the win for Selby who knows if he takes this one seriously. Walden looks way overpriced. Same with a guy i followed in the English Open at a big price and that is Un-Nooh.

He actually went out to Walden and again the draw can be nice for Un-Nooh if the form stays with him, this week. Finally, I'll take Mei Xiwen a chance to shine this week. A nice draw and fresh from a deep run at the English Open.

1pt E/W T.Un-Nooh to win World Open 100/1 bet365
0.75pts E/W R.Walden to win World Open 200/1 betfair
0.5pts E/W M.Xiwen to win World Open 225/1 betfair

2 i like in the matches. The first I like is McGill against Matthew Stevens. McGill has won both head-2-heads although a while ago. Stevens has only beaten the likes of Thor Leong, Dale and Jamie O'Neill this season. I expected more from McGill in the English Open but I think he can win this one.

secondly, I'm taking Ian Burns to beat Steadman. Both these two players have been poor this season. Steadman beat Mike Dunn to get here but prior to that, he had lost the last 4.Whereas Burns has lost all his matches this season. Burns won the last h2h though and I think he may step it up here and turn the form around.

6pts A.McGill to beat M.Stevens 5/6 bet365
5pts I.Burns to beat C.Steadman 6/5 bet365

Un-nooh (100/1) gets to the final for a 50/1 payout