Announcements
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
*** September Competition Winners: Well done to Mickyftm32 (NAPS/KO Cup), & Avongirl (Poker) ***
Sign in to follow this  
CzechPunter

Tennis Tips - October 7 - October 13

Alexander Zverev to beat Daniil Medvedev at 2.40 with Parions Sport

This will be the 5th time that these two players will compete, the 1st of the year. Medvedev has never managed to beat Zverev. Medvedev seems unbeatable lately. He is in great shape and plays with great success. It is true that Zverev has always managed to win but they have not played since the Masters 1000 of Canada in 2018. Since then, the Russian has become another player. It is difficult to see him lose the final. Still, I do not think we will attend a one-way match.

For me, these two players have arguments to win the trophy. I'm going towards a Zverev victory because he has always managed to control Medvedev's tennis. In addition, the German has found colors in this Masters 1000 Shanghai. He is well in his head (and his statistics in the service are the proof) and showed a big determination. When he's like that, he's an entirely different player who can compete with the best (he recently showed that against Federer).

We are dealing with two players who serve very well. That's why I expect at least a tie-break in this meeting. But there will undoubtedly be many exchanges where these two opponents will have to take the game on their own if they wish to earn points. Again, they both have the ability to make winning shots. Zverev may be slightly less regular in trading but is more explosive. If he manages to play at his best, and I believe in it, then he will have a good chance of succeeding in what he does.

In addition, Medvedev won 50% of the finals he played (out of 12), while Zverev is 65% (out of 17).

Totally unrelated to this week - or indeed any recent weeks - but I came across the Dimitrov v King match from before the US Open again and the numbers are staggering. It's possibly the most ridiculous tennis match I've ever seen from a heavy favourite. Dimitrov gave up 23 break points across the match, with those points spread across 10 of his 11 service games. I've never seen anything like it - maybe others have. I've no idea what was wrong with Dimitrov that day but that performance really was something else and is possibly Exhibit A in terms of not betting on heavy favourites - you just don't know what frame of mind they're in or if they're carrying niggles that they don't talk about or if they're totally without motivation for whatever reason. The bottom line - at least for me about that match - is that Dimitrov just wasn't there physically or mentally or both. If he was, there's no way to my mind he cedes those numbers on serve and there's no way he loses. I wouldn't have expected to see those numbers if he'd played against Djokovic or Nadal or Federer - and of course he played Federer in the US Open shortly after and won :eek

Edited by Torque

Somewhere I once read the memories of Genie Bouchard where she described her disappointment because when Grigori visited her once, he preferred watching TV series instead of making love to her. Therefore his behavior will never surprise me :)

Gauff to beat Ostapenko @1.9 bet365

Gauff looked solid whole tournament. She did beat Bertens and her opponents were more solid. She is confident and worked her way with confidence. For Ostapenko this tournament is sort of comeback.  But her unstability, underconfidence and double faults should make the difference.

Edited by LuckyLoser