** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis Tips - October 7 - October 13

Andrey Rublev to beat Borna Coric at 1.91 with William Hill

I'm not exactly sure why the chances should be balanced here, as I'd have the Russian as a fairly decent favorite after Coric disappointed in his last two tournaments. He has enough quality, don't get me wrong, but he doesn't seem to have enough confidence to get himself over the line at the moment and that might prove to be his downfall yet again. Rublev should take this more often than not imo.

Cameron Norrie to beat Gilles Simon at 1.95 with William Hill

To me, this is priced on name. Sure, Simon is a big time player and by far the more accomplished guy of the two, but he's been sliding down over the last year or so and he usually struggles against players that are in some sort of a form and that can hit decently big. Norrie fits into both of those categories and the fact that he's played two qualifying matches here already can't hurt him either, so I'd have him as the favorite and not the Frenchman.

Novak Djokovic - Dennis Shapovalov || Over 20.5 games || 1.86 @ OLYBET 

I think that  Dennis have a chance here for one good set,  he is playing well recently his serve is very good. Of course we cant compare him to Nole.  But Nole had no though oponents in Tokyo and won that tournament very easy.  he will get tested here,  Shapovalov have a chance for a good 1 set!  GL!

Edited by fizrukas

Fabio Fognini to beat Andy Murray || 1.73 @ OLYBET!  

well, not a fan to bet against the brit,  but Andy is in a comeback process, and he have here very tough opponent in Fabio. He will get tested here thats no doubt about that.  Fognini won over big american Querrey, where he really didn't gave him no chance whatsoever. His movement impresive he serves well, likes to play fast points, where Andy isn't that good. GL!

Edited by fizrukas

Karen Khachanov (-2.5 games) to beat Taylor Fritz || 1.9 @ OLYBET!  

This is quite surprising Karen is so much better and i dont really understand why odds are that high on him.  He played very good tournament where he almost won against Dominic Thiem in 1/2 final. He also has a go for a top 8 spot. SO stakes high and Karen will demolish Fritz. 

Borna Coric to beat Andrey Rublev at 2.23 with 888

Vasek Pospisil to beat Joao Sousa at 1.72 with 888

I will go against everybody in the Coric-Rublev match. Coric did Final the last year here and I think the value is on him considering how the odds are now. Rublev has played some good matches in the last months but he's a very temperamental player and Coric defends too many points here so i take him in this one

Pospisil has win in straight sets against Mannarino, Granollers and Schwartzman. He's playing very well and he feels very comfortable in this surface. Sousa has suffered a lot in his only match here against Krajinovic so I expect Pospisil to take this one.

Albert Ramos Viñolas to beat (+4.5 Games) Roger Federer at 2.07 with Marathonbet

Ramos is playing really well now and he has destroyed Cilic in his first round here. Federer has not played any match since the Laver Cup and Ramos knows the feeling of winning against Federer (in this tournament 4 years ago) so I expect some resistance from Ramos.

Last one...

Bencic (vs Friedsam) + Goffin (vs Gasquet) + Van Uytvacnk (vs Bonaventure) at 2.37 with 888

Bencic played very well in the US Open where she reached the Semifinals but finally lost in a tight match against the winner of the tournament. She's now fighting for playing the WTA Finals so she needs a good performance here.

Gasquet is out of form while Goffin is playing well recently so I expect an easy win for Goffin here.

Van Uytvacnk is one of the most dangerous players in hard indoor courts and she's with confidence after winning the Tashkent Open 1 week ago so I expect a win from her. She has played 2 times against Bonaventure (both this year) and she has win both matches: in Hiroshima 3 weeks ago (6-4, 6-2) and in Marruecos in a 3 set match in May.

4 hours ago, cialivinci said:

Well, Murray won against Berretini who played a crazy Us open and Thiem just managed to win in two Tiebreaks. I think Andy is much further in the „recovery“ than one might think

Andy hasn't played in big tournaments for a while. And even he has a great little run over Matteo and Thiem, we might expect that his body and legs could be tired.

But anyway good to see someone making suggestions here, Andy maybe will return to top sooner than we thought ;) GL ?

Victor Estrella to beat Thiago Monteiro at 3.68 with Pinnacle

Should be the last ever tournament for the legendary Estrella and he was giving it his all yesterday against Arevalo, so I think that there's some value in backing him again at such a juicy price. No guarantees obviously, but we're getting 3.68 on someone who's going to play his heart out against a guy that lost against Hamou last time out, so yeah.

Albert Ramos Vinolas to beat (+4.5 games) Roger Federer at 2.32 with Unibet

Albert is really having a great time since Swedish open and he's beaten Roger before in Shanghai. The hole of Alberts team thinks he can really win this match. But for me this bet is a must play. I feel Albert really won't lose by 5 games or more so 4.5 handicap I think he can cover at minimum.

14 hours ago, darko08 said:

Last one...

Bencic (vs Friedsam) + Goffin (vs Gasquet) + Van Uytvacnk (vs Bonaventure) at 2.37 with 888

Bencic played very well in the US Open where she reached the Semifinals but finally lost in a tight match against the winner of the tournament. She's now fighting for playing the WTA Finals so she needs a good performance here.

Gasquet is out of form while Goffin is playing well recently so I expect an easy win for Goffin here.

Van Uytvacnk is one of the most dangerous players in hard indoor courts and she's with confidence after winning the Tashkent Open 1 week ago so I expect a win from her. She has played 2 times against Bonaventure (both this year) and she has win both matches: in Hiroshima 3 weeks ago (6-4, 6-2) and in Marruecos in a 3 set match in May.

I like it! Congrats on first two correct tips.

However Bencic is not fighting for WTA finals. According to https://www.wtatennis.com/rankings she is 600-900 points behind 8th and 7th place. She has minimal chances to reach the finals only if she wins all tournaments of october and Bertens does nothing and that only if 8th player will be accepted to the finals.

The link that you provided are the official rankings, the race is more indicative for qualification. Not for other purposes, obviously, but for that one certainly. Edit: Actually, your link has the Race hidden inside a tab as well - and it's exactly what you can get via the link I posted.

18 minutes ago, CzechPunter said:

The link that you provided are the official rankings, the race is more indicative for qualification. Not for other purposes, obviously, but for that one certainly. Edit: Actually, your link has the Race hidden inside a tab as well - and it's exactly what you can get via the link I posted.

Alright. Thanks.

I still hope she gets the job done today. 

Bencic actually has a very bad attitude. She often has primadonna habits and is usually rude to her father.
Changing the coach would probably help, because she has great technical skills, but also too often a bad mental approach.

I expected problems with Friedsam and she maybe allready knew that she can't collect enough points for WTA finals.

What are your thoughts guys on Fritz - Khachanov? The russian played well last games and Fritz was not very impressive against Verdasco.

What is your confidence/thoughts on this match?

I’m looking for some more or less sure matches for tomorrow and I think Khachanov win will be one of them.

@CzechPunter @darko08 @four-leaf @fizrukas

Edited by vvararu

Lucas Pouille - John Isner || UNDER 26.5 games || 1.71 @ OLYBET 

This is insane...  John is capable of finishing in two sets 7:6 7:6 and the bet still won..  How on earth the line is so high. Eventhough the frenchmen could end up winning in two close ( which i don't believe),  but anyway the point is that the line is too high for me. The bookies made up odds just by thinking of 3 sets.i got to go with this!