** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Primeira Liga Predictions > Sep 27th - 30th

BENFICA - VITORIA SETÚBAL 

Benfica plays at home after a mid week draw in the League Cup against Vitoria SC. The reds haven't looked good in the last games but this weekend plays at home against a poor side having a good chance to get a good result. Benfica is by far the better team and is playing against a Vitoria Setubal team that have only scored one goal since now. Playing at Estadio da Luz is always a very though task to every team and i cant see this Vitoria Setubal team getting a result against a Benfica side that realy needs a good result to motivate.

TIP: BENFICA AH -2   @1.82

VITORIA SC - PAÇOS DE FERREIRA

Vitória is looking good this year under the command of Ivo Vieira playing a very offensive football. The team comes to this game after a 0-0 draw away at Benfica in mid week in a game where Vitoria was the best team in the majority of the game even with a lot of changes in the starting eleven. This weekend they play at home against Paços de Ferreira after a good win away at Tondela in the last round. I fully expect Vitoria to win at home against a very poor Paços side.

TIP: VITORIA WIN  @ 1.57

RIO AVE - PORTO

Rio Ave comes to this game after another amazing victory winning away at Sporting for the second time this year. This is a team full of good players that can cause trouble to every team in the championship what makes me look at the goals market in this game. Playing away from home is Porto that also comes from a victory at home against Santa Clara. Porto haven't look that good in the last away game at Portimonense where almost dropped points getting a win in the last minute. I bealive this will be a very open game with two teams trying to get a win and that makes me see a lot of value on the both teams to score market.

TIP: BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE  @1.72

Aves vs Sporting CP

Our weekly look at the Portuguese Primeira Liga takes in the Monday night fixture between bottom-placed club Aves and an under-performing Sporting CP team in an 8:15pm BST kick-off from the Estadio do Clube Desportivo das Aves. Can the home side pick up their second win of the season to move off the bottom of the table or will the visiting side re-ignite their title aspirations?

Aves haven't had the best of starts to their season. Augusto Inacio has seen his team only win 1 league games with 5 of the 6 matches so far ending in defeat. It's left the club 2 points from safety and in desperate need of starting to pick up results. It's now four matches lost in a row including the deflating 2-1 defeat to 17th placed Pacos de Ferreira who only had 10 men. The defensive lapses have been the biggest concern with the club conceding 15 goals in their last 4 matches.

Sporting CP continue to struggle to find consistency this campaign. Marcel Keizer's men might have qualified for the group stage of the Europa League but that appears to have only hampered their league form with the club sitting in 9th place with just 8 points from their 6 league games so far. Three defeats in a row and five matches without a win across all competitions leaves this talented side wanting to achieve more.

On paper, this is a no brainer but the form of both sides leaves little confidence in either. I think this is a simple case of Sporting CP not exactly being the best option to back right now but Aves are so awful, particularly in defence that backing the away side to win and win well isn't actually too bad. I'm going to back this Sporting CP side to get the business done with a 2-3 goal win here.

Sporting CP -1 @ 2.40 with Coral

Sporting CP HT/FT @ 2.35 with Ladbrokes