** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Non-League Predictions > September 24th

Darran

Nice to be in profit again after a tough couple of weeks and the weekend's profits were given a nice boost thanks to the bookies massive error in the Chertsey game on Sunday. My guess is Bet365 were first to price up and they clearly didn't realise Biggleswade Town had already played in the FA Cup on Saturday. The rest of the bookies to price up the match just blindly followed and it was great to catch them with their pants down with Chertsey doing their side of things on the pitch. There is a full National League fixture list on Tuesday night and I have 4 bets for the action.

Aldershot v Yeovil

Yeovil did the business for us on Saturday and I am backing them again here. It was a bit nerve wracking in the end with the goalscorer Luke Wilkinson having to go in goal when the keeper got injured and it meant they were down to 10 men as they had used all their subs. Luke then pulled off a wonder save in the 98th minute to keep it 1-0 to the away side. They continue to look strong and now they have been taken over they might well fancy their chances of going straight back up at the first time of asking. Aldershot beat Wrexham on Saturday with a 94th minute winner, but it wasn't much of a game and this ought to be a tougher test for the home side. The 7/4 with BetVictor on the away side looks worth taking.

Boreham Wood v Notts County

Boreham Wood hadn't won at home since January and then when I opposed them with Dover they duly won 3-1 and they followed that up with a very impressive 4-0 win against Stockport on Saturday. That makes it just one loss in 5 now and Kabongo Tshimanga has carried on his goal scoring form from last season for Oxford City with his 2 goals on Saturday making it 8 for the season. Wood could find it hard keeping him in January as surely Football League clubs are going to be interested. He might well add to his tally here and I am backing them at 7/4 (BetVictor) to make it 3 home wins on the bounce. Notts County aren't playing badly as such, but they keep losing key players to injuries and they lost another one on Saturday in the defeat at Bromley. No Wood have found their groove at home I expect Meadow Park to become a very tough place to visit again and County could come unstuck with a weakened side.

Ebbsfleet v Barnet

Ebbsfleet were shocking on Saturday in their 3-0 defeat by Barrow. They remain bottom of the table with just one win all season. They had drawn their 3 previous games and did come from 2 down against Woking, but that confidence boost didn't continue to Saturday and manager Gary Hill was not surprisingly not happy about things. Barnet were a bit disappointing in the 2nd half against Halifax on Saturday and lost 4-2 in the end, but they are more likely to bounce back here and obviously playing bottom of the table is going to be easier than playing 2nd. The 141/100 is worth taking with Marathon.

Halifax v Harrogate

Speaking of Halifax I am backing them to come out on top in this Yorkshire derby. That win over Barnet was a return to form after losing their previous two games and that was certainly a return to form. They have won 5 out of their 6 home games so far and are looking so much better than Harrogate at the moment. They have only won one of their last 6 games and that came over Chorley when they were really struggling. They look a fair way from being capable of reaching the play-offs as they did last season and Halifax should be around even money for me not the 29/20 (BetVictor) that they currently are.

Yeovil 1pt @ 7/4 with BetVictor

Boreham Wood 1pt @ 7/4 with BetVictor

Barnet 1pt @ 141/100 with Marathon

Halifax 2pts @ 29/20 with BetVictor