** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Championship Predictions > Sep 27th - 29th

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Championship

There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Stoke’s last 7 home games in Championship.
Fulham have drawn their last 3 matches in Championship.
Nottingham Forest are undefeated in their last 7 matches in Championship.

You can find interesting 40 Football Betting Streaks for 27.09.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-27-09-2019-15846

Stoke vs Nottingham Forest

The Championship action begins early on Friday night this week with two games. I'm picking the televised clash between Stoke and Nottingham Forest in an 8pm BST kick-off at the Bet365 Stadium as the match to preview. These two sides are experiencing contrasting starts to their seasons with the home team desperate for their first win of the league season and the away side looking to push on up the table.

Stoke had appeared to be preparing for this coming season in a shrewd fashion with some experienced Championship signings and eradicating a chunk of the dead wood within the squad. Unfortunately, it's not gone great for Nathan Jones. The Potters have only managed to earn 2 points from their 8 league games so far. Only Huddersfield are positioned below them and even though performances do seem to be improving there is certainly pressure going on Jones to start getting results.

Nottingham Forest fans can't believe how well their season has started. Sabri Lamouchi has inspired his team to 6th in the league table after 8 league games. The opening weekend 2-1 loss to West Brom was the last time the Tricky Trees felt defeat and it's been onwards and upwards ever since. Back-to-back 1-0 victories in the league give the defence a lot of confidence and it'll be interesting to see how the players approach their fifth away game of the season having gone the previous four without loss.

Statistics don't read well for Stoke fans. The draw against Brentford offered a glimmer of hope but will it be a false dawn? The team has lost 6 of their 8 league games and have lost 3 of their 4 home matches. Forest have won 3 of their last 4 matches and with 5 of the last 6 meetings between these two sides combined with Forest's stern defensive performances recently I can see this being a tight win for the away side.

Nottingham Forest Draw No Bet @ 2.31 with Marathonbet

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.71 with RedZone

@waynecoyne, @sajtion, @arvee, @canaries91, @Mindfulness, @betcatalog, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @CloughandTaylor, @Tiffy, @Gidds, @chris50, @PokerWolf1, @teddybear3011, @skyblues88, @allyhibs, @Icongene, @KikoCy, @willie82, @Neubs, @Papa Lazarou, @kulikTS, @Valkovets, @Pipoca, @padman, @Marek76, @silver fox, @neilovan, @HastGill1, @jazzman02, @andypaps28, @Kenton Schweppes, @rangers234, @newjack, @Kane91, @yossa6133, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Xcout, @branskie, @Wanderer89, @Hitch, @four-leaf, @trevor8, @OppoArchitizerLady, @Power90, @THEODORE-007, @KeyserSoze1, @Ulrik, @Rey86, and @the bastardian.

Fulham FC vs Wigan Athletic

Fulham FC

Doubtful: -

Out (injuries/other): -

Suspended: -

Wigan Athletic

Doubtful: Gary Roberts (0/0 m), Josh Windass (2/1 m), Anthony Pilkington (1/0 m)

Out (injuries/other): Tom Pearce (0/0 d)

Suspended: -

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

5 hours ago, waynecoyne said:

Derby have lost richard keogh and maybe bennett and lawrence will be rested after their midweek drink driving capers and crash.

I wouldn't want to be with them at around 6/5.

Derby might actually do better without the calamity that is Richard Keogh involved in their "pass it out from the back" tactic. The man is a catastrophe waiting to happen. Losing Bennett and Lawrence will be a blow though yeah.

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Championship

Leeds have won with at least a 2 goal margin in their last 4 away matches in Championship.
Huddersfield have lost their last 6 matches in Championship.
QPR have won with a 1 goal margin in their last 3 matches in Championship.

You can find interesting 61 Football Betting Streaks for 28.09.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-28-09-2019-15879

I don't even want to add up what Stoke have cost me over the last 2 seasons! They were at it again failing to lose to Brentford last week so I'm just going to avoid betting in their games. But I would love to see Forest absolutely batter them!! Forest rested most of the team against Arsenal and got thumped, hopefully that won't affect confidence and the fresh legs help. If I had to bet it would be on a Forest win at better than 2/1.

I like Swansea to get back on track against Reading (4/5) and I've put Derby in my acca (around evens) mainly because of who they are playing.

Hull vs Cardiff

The next preview from the Championship is my very own Cardiff travelling to Hull for a 3pm BST kick-off on Saturday afternoon at the KCOM Stadium. Both sides are sitting in a comfortable mid-table position after a mixed start to the season. A few wins or losses in a row could have a huge impact on how the remainder of their season unfolds. This game is crucial in that period so it'll be interesting to see what happens.

Hull are managed this season by former Doncaster gaffer Grant McCann. The Tigers currently sit in 14th place with 2 wins, 3 draws, and 3 losses to their name. Their home form has actually been the main issue this season with just 1 victory from their 4 league games on home turf. That includes a current run of three league games without a win at the KCOM Stadium. Overall, the picture is a bit brighter with the side unbeaten in their last three league matches.

Cardiff had a woeful start to the season under Neil Warnock with just 2 wins in their first 7 league games. An unbeaten spell of 5 league games has now helped the Bluebirds to rise to 13th in the table and just 3 points off the play-off places. Warnock is now starting to understand his best starting XI and with the new players such as Gavin Whyte and Robert Glatzel beginning to find their feet things are looking a lot more positive.

The head-to-head record favours Cardiff heading into this game with the Bluebirds having won the last two encounters keeping a clean sheet on both occasions. The defensive displays have become a lot more settled with Alex Smithies getting more game time with his back-line. I think even though Neil Etheridge is back fit I think Smithies should keep his place after the clean sheet win against Middlesbrough last week. I'm torn between whether we'll scrape the win here or draw. I think we could actually sneak the win if I'm being honest.

Cardiff Draw No Bet @ 2.12 with Marathonbet

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 2.08 with Unibet

I think this is the day that Huddersfield Town will turn the corner. The Cowleys have had some time to work with the players and I think they will have targeted this home game against Millwall to get back on track and it’s a must win to jump above Stoke following their defeat last night. True their form is appalling but they have some decent players and at 7/5 as the home team they will be my bet of the day to boost a few accumulators.

Come on the Terrriers!

Barnsley vs Brentford

The Championship action extends into Sunday this week and the game we're taking a look at is the match-up between two struggling sides in the division when Barnsley play Brentford in a 1:30pm BST kick-off at Oakwell. Both teams desperately need a win in this game and if they suffer a defeat it could set them on a dangerous path that could drag them into a relegation dog fight.

Barnsley are finding it tough adapting to life in the second tier of English football. Daniel Stendel's side had a dream start to their life in this division with a 1-0 win against Fulham. However, the Tykes haven't tasted victory since with just 2 draws and 5 defeats. The club is now loitering precariously in 22nd place on 5 points after 8 league games. Only the troubled Huddersfield and Stoke are below them.

Brentford have been a side that have narrowly missed out on the play-offs over recent years. Thomas Frank had appeared to be the ideal choice to succeed Dean Smith when he left the club for Aston Villa. However, results have been inconsistent all season with 2 wins, 2 draws, and 4 defeats in their 8 league games. It's left the Bees in 19th place and looking over their shoulder.

The statistics aren't great reading for Brentford fans. Their club haven't won in their last four visits to Oakwell. It's also now three away league games without a win for Frank's men. I think they may struggle to win this one. I expect this to be a low-scoring affair with both clubs the lowest scoring sides in the Championship but with Brentford also having the joint second best defensive record in the division. I think a draw offers the best value for this one.

Draw @ 3.60 with BetVictor

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 2.05 with Sportingbet