** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

LOI, NIFL, and WPL Predictions > Sep 20th - 22nd

I've struggled to find anything in the Welsh Premier this week, but finally settled for a draw at Bala/Cardiff at Bet365's 13/5.  I can't separate the sides, and as some bookies have Bala as favourites, and others Cardiff, it looks as if the bookies can't either.  Bala haven't been quite the force I was expecting this season but are still to be respected, while the students already have three credible draws to their name and three victories in matches I'd expect them to win.

Elsewhere, Caernarfon should probably beat Aberystwyth, but I wasn't fully impressed by them last week and 4/5 is too short for me.

Likewise, Connah's Quay are coming into form and should be too good for Newton but 4/5 doesn't appeal.  Only a few hours the away side were the other side of evens and I'd have taken them if they still were.

TNS on paper should have little trouble against Carmarthen, but again the short price is too short for me.

The Penybont v Airbus game is between the two bottom clubs.  Penybont frustrated Caernarfon for long periods last week but presumably the dynamics will be different at home and I can't judge the game.  I'd marginally go for Penybont but not with enough confidence to back them

Sunday's game is Barry v the Druids.  Barry are rightly favourites and I get that they're a force, and that they aquitt3ed themselves well in the Europa League.  However, the fixture computer was kind to them in the opening six games and I suspect the odds are on their first place rather than taking into account the opposition.  In other words, I'm not interested in only slightly better than 1/2.

No matches for me this weekend; I'm hoping to take in two games across the Premier and Championship North next Friday/Saturday instead, while my wife is working.

Barry Town vs Cefn Druids FC

On the back of @Wiltshire Shot's fantastic comments above, I'm focusing my attention on that Sunday game between Cymru Premier league leaders Barry Town and their opponents Cefn Druids FC who kick-off at 2:30pm at Jenner Park in Barry. It's a long trip for the North Walians and they face a home team that are in cracking form at this early stage of the season.

Barry Town have been superb so far this season. Gavin Chesterfield celebrated gaining his latest coaching badges by leading his team to the top of the table with 4 wins and 2 draws from their 6 league games so far. The Dragons have taken full advantage of slip-ups from their rivals TNS this season. Funnily enough, it's been their away form with 3 wins from 3 games on the road that has been the basis of their great run. Can they transfer that away form to their home results?

Cefn Druids FC will be satisfied by their start to the campaign here. Manager Huw Griffiths has seen his side win 1, draw 3, and lose 2 of their 6 league games so far. Those results see them situated in 8th place and just outside the Europa League play-off positions with a game in hand on most teams around them. 2 draws and 1 loss away from home suggest they are a tricky side to beat on the road but they have also now reached three away games without a win. Failing to do so here will take that run to four games.

It's hard to bet against Barry Town right now. They're a team that is evolving with every passing season and so far this campaign they've showed they should be considered as genuine title contenders to win their first top flight title in Welsh football since 2003. Cefn Druids FC will put up a fight but I don't think they'll have enough to keep the home side from extending their unbeaten run.

Barry Town to Win to Nil @ 3.00 with Bet365

Barry Town HT/FT @ 2.50 with Paddy Power