** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Championship Predictions > Sep 21st & 22nd

Cardiff vs Middlesbrough

The Championship offers up its usual level of unpredictability once again. Yes, @sajtion, you're right but it's been like this for years! Still, it means if you can get things right then the value can be decent. This first game I am previewing is the 3pm BST kick-off between Cardiff and Middlesbrough tomorrow afternoon at the Cardiff City Stadium. Can my beloved Bluebirds get the three points?

Cardiff were probably lucky to get that 1-1 draw away to Derby last Friday night. Despite having their chances to snatch the win themselves it was the Rams who will probably feel aggrieved at only taking a point from the game. The absence of creative mind Lee Tomlin due to a car crash was a big blow. Robert Glatzel got off the mark and I'm positive he can kick on now. He's been getting in the right positions and I'm optimistic he can bag 15-20 goals this season at least. Our record at home in the Championship is pretty decent with just one defeat since 29th December, 2017. A win here could move Neil Warnock's team close to the play-off positions and up from their current 14th place in the table.

Middlesbrough are sat in 13th place just one spot above their opponents in this game. Both clubs are on 9 points and Jonathan Woodgate is suffering from the same problem as his managerial counterpart Warnock whereby he's still getting to grips with what his best personnel and system is for this season. Having failed to win any of their first three league games, Boro are now unbeaten in four league matches.

I'm wary of this game. To be fair, I'm wary of any game with Cardiff right now. I still have faith in our fans to create a positive atmosphere at our place so that's a positive. Middlesbrough are growing in confidence but I think we can take the win. Cardiff have won 3 of the last 4 encounters and each of those wins have ended in a 1-0 victory. I wouldn't be surprised to see the same score-line tomorrow. It probably won't be a classic but I'll take the win.

Cardiff to Win @ 2.10 with Betfred

Anytime Scorer: Robert Glatzel @ 2.90 with Betway

@waynecoyne, @sajtion, @arvee, @canaries91, @Mindfulness, @betcatalog, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @CloughandTaylor, @Tiffy, @Gidds, @chris50, @PokerWolf1, @teddybear3011, @skyblues88, @allyhibs, @Icongene, @KikoCy, @willie82, @Neubs, @Papa Lazarou, @kulikTS, @Valkovets, @Pipoca, @padman, @Marek76, @silver fox, @neilovan, @HastGill1, @jazzman02, @andypaps28, @Kenton Schweppes, @rangers234, @newjack, @Kane91, @yossa6133, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Xcout, @branskie, @Wanderer89, @Hitch, @four-leaf, @trevor8, @OppoArchitizerLady, @Power90, @THEODORE-007, @KeyserSoze1, @Ulrik, @Rey86, and @the bastardian.

Brentford have made a stuttering start but I still don't think any team will look forward to playing at Griffin Park, especially when they have 1 point form 7 games! I don't think Stoke are as bad as that suggests but it really should be a home win and Brentford look a very fair price @ 10/11. 

Forest have started pretty well and 2 big away wins means we're ahead of schedule...now it's time to put away the weaker teams at home. Barnsley have struggled in the last few games (think they have some injuries). Very disappointing if Forest can't get the job done here @ 4/5.

I've done the double  (around 2.3/1 at the moment).

i'm willing to take a punt on some teams but i wouldn't be confident in them. 

i think wigan could edge charlton. credit to charlton for being pretty good but their unbeaten run came to an end last week

sheff wed to win is another one with monk as manager.he motivates players well. fulham are decent but haven't look too convincing or showed cutting edge lately.

hull to win because luton will give them a chance to score one or two goals. luton too open at the back

bristol city to win because i'm thinking home comforts here. swansea are strong but bristol city scored 12 goals in last six games

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Championship

There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Derby’s last 5 away games in Championship.
Stoke have failed to win their last 13 matches in Championship.
There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Stoke’s last 8 games in Championship.
Cardiff have drawn their last 3 matches in Championship.

You can find interesting 53 Football Betting Streaks for 21.09.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-21-09-2019-15711

Nottingham Forest vs Barnsley

A long, long time ago in what feels like another world both Nottingham Forest and Barnsley were competing in the top flight of English football. Fast forward to the modern day and the two clubs face-off in a Championship fixture at 3pm BST on a Saturday afternoon at the City Ground. Neither team has huge ambitions to get promoted this season so it's all a bit low key.

Well, we say neither club harbours ambitions to go up but Nottingham Forest are starting to get some momentum. Sabri Lamouchi's side lost their opening game of the season in a 2-1 defeat at home to West Brom but it's all been encouraging stuff since then. It's now 6 league games unbeaten for the Tricky Trees with 3 wins, 3 draws, and 2 clean sheets. Be careful to whisper it now but is there a revival stirring in the home land of Robin Hood?

The same cannot quite be said for Barnsley. Daniel Stendel's men are struggling to adapt to life in the second tier after promotion from League One last season. The Tykes couldn't have started the season better with a 1-0 win over promotion favourites Fulham. Sadly, since then it's gone downhill with no win in 6 league matches including 2 draws and 4 losses. That run of results has left the club in 22nd place with just Huddersfield and Stoke below them.

It won't make for pleasant reading for Barnsley fans knowing that the last time they came to the City Ground they suffered a 3-0 hammering at the hands of their hosts. They come to a Forest side that have won 3 of their last 4 competitive matches. As obvious as it seems, the sensible bet appears to be backing a home win at this price and you feel this Forest team could only get better over the coming weeks. One thing to keep an eye on is that Forest do love scoring late with 5 of their last 6 goals coming in the final third of the game.

Nottingham Forest to Win @ 1.82 with Marathonbet

Draw HT/ Nottingham Forest FT @ 5.25 with BetVictor

Nottingham F. vs Barnsley

Nottingham F.

Doubtful:

Out (injuries/other): Rafa Mir (4/0 f), Michael Hefele (0/0 d), Ryan Yates (0/0 m), Carl Jenkinson (3/0 d), Tendayi Darikwa (0/0 d), Yohan Benalouane (0/0 d)

Suspended: -

Barnsley

Doubtful: -

Out (injuries/other): Bambo Diaby (5/0 d), Sami Radlinger (5/0 first goalkeeper), Jacob Brown (0/0 f), Jordan Williams (0/0 d), Kenny Dougall (0/0 m)

Suspended: Benjamin Williams (4/0 d)

Reading FC vs Blackburn Rovers

Reading FC

Doubtful: Danny Loader (2/0 f, illness), Matt Miazga (5/0 d)

Out (injuries/other): -

Blackburn Rovers

Doubtful: Jacob Davenport (0/0 m, probably in), Dominic Samuel (0/0 f, probably in)

Out (injuries/other): Ben Brereton (1/0 f)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

West Brom vs Huddersfield

The final game in the Championship fixtures this weekend is a Sunday lunchtime kick-off at midday BST when West Brom play Huddersfield at the Hawthorns. The home side come into this game looking to put pressure on the automatic promotion places where as the visiting team are simply looking to start improving their performances to help get a first win of the league season.

West Brom are looking like a decent side under new head coach Slaven Bilic. The summer transfer activity of the Baggies appears to have paid dividends with the team situated in the play-offs before this round of matches. Interestingly, they are actually unbeaten this season with 3 wins and 4 draws in the league so far. If you want to turn that into a negative than you can argue that they've only won 1 of their last 4 league games. It's also just 1 win in 3 home league matches.

Huddersfield enter a new era with Danny Cowley at the helm. His first game in charge didn't exactly go to plan with the 2-0 loss at home to Sheffield Wednesday. That loss made it 5 league defeats in a row so it's hard to see what Cowley can do to turn things around with over two months still left until the January transfer window opens. Just 1 goal scored in their last 3 league games adds to the dour reading.

On the face of it, this is game that is West Brom's to lose. The good news for Terriers fans is that they've won the last two meetings with West Brom. A lot has changed since those games though. Cowley seems like a shrewd appointment after the job he did at Lincoln but this Huddersfield job is a massive task and it won't be fixed overnight. I think a solid home win is the best option. Huddersfield fans will likely need to be patient before things turn around.

West Brom -1 @ 2.88 with SpreadEx

West Brom HT/FT @ 2.70 with BetVictor