** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis Tips - September 23 - September 29

Samantha Stosur to beat Amanda Anisimova at 3.14 with Pinnacle

Stosur has just lost against Kenin in the finals, but I'm backing her yet again here. That might seem like a crazy idea and perhaps it is, but it's more about the situation than anything else. Anisimova hasn't played for quite a while due to tragic family issues and you just don't know how that's going to affect her going forward and how her first match is going to go. She might crush Stosur, but she might also find it hard to compete for a while, so I think that there's value to be had in the 3.14 that's on offer for the veteran.

Ricardas Berankis to beat Denis Shapovalov at 3.09 with Pinnacle

Jelena Ostapenko to beat Katarina Zavatska at 1.63 with Pinnacle

Two more that I like for the early rounds. Ostapenko should be way too strong for Zavatska despite her recent struggles, while I also fancy the odds that are on offer for Berankis to upset the Laver Cup-bound Shapovalov that's going to face both a long travel and a fairly tricky opponent that's already beaten him in this season. I was also thinking about opposing Fritz for the same reasons, but Bublik hasn't been as good as Berankis recently and doesn't really have all that many defensive weapons either.

Vasek Pospisil to beat Jordan Thompson at 2.25 with Bet365

Not much luck going my way at the moment it seems, but the season is still fine, so I'm going to continue chipping away and this does look like value to me, as I'd rate the chances as even at the very least. Pospisil has been at the venue for a while now, practicing with Grigor Dimitrov, while Thompson was spending much of his time in the Laver Cup. He did get to practice with some strong players there, but it must've been a bit disappointing for him given that he didn't even play a single shot during the actual event, and he now faces a long trip to play against a motivated opponent that's coming back from a long break. Pospisil looked very fine in the US Open and I wouldn't be surprised to see him get a deep run in one of the Asian tournaments this year.

I didn't see it but I'll be opposing Murray. Physically I don't think he's up to playing professional singles tournaments - what I mean is I think his body needs more time to recover between matches than he's getting. I'm convinced that's the explanation for his poor performance against Viola in Mallorca after he'd beaten a far better player in Gombos.

It was definitely his best performance since the comeback, but De Minaur is going to be more physically testing and that's where I think Murray is going to fail. He might be good enough for a set, but I'm not sure that he's going to be able to stay competitive for the entire match. Might consider backing the Aussie actually.

Alex De Minaur (-3.5) to beat Andy Murray at 2.02 with Pinnacle

Alright, I'm going to go in. The 3.5 games handicap line can be covered via a single break under the right circumstances and I think the Aussie is going to get plenty of opportunities on Murray's serve. Murray was able to outplay Sandgren due to how poorly the American was moving around, but Alex De Minaur is one of the best out there in that department and he's going to test his opponent's fitness to the max. Fitness was the factor that brought Murray down against Viola in Mallorca and even against Sandgren in Winston Salem, so chances are that it's going to bring him down here as well.

On 9/25/2019 at 12:42 PM, CzechPunter said:

A really disgusting run at the moment, seeing Bublik win and then watching Berankis not break in a game in which Shapovalov made FIVE double faults. Awful, awful, awful. Edit: Nice stats - Berankis 0/9 on BPs, Shapovalov 2/2.

Yeah, if Berankis started it with BP, it could went the right way... 

But eventhough Dennis is so unpredictable he got that lose game! Good luck! 

Egor Gerasimov to beat Dennis Shapovalov @ 2.62 with OLYBET

Hi there, my first pick in a while on this forum. My previous account lost for some reason.  SO decided to create new One. Ok folks lets share some picks on this nice forum!  

Ok lets be clear,  the canadian should been out of the tournament already,  but for some reason he scrambless past american qualifier Klahn! In previous match he beat Berankis,  who didn't play well that day and gave Dennis easy time to setle in game...

But in the mean time he will face a world #98 Egor Gerasimov,  he is a decent server,  ho had a nice run recently,  he beat in form Matteo Barrettini in St. Peterburg, and here in China overcame John Isner in three sets thriller,  that tells smth about his form. 

SO my pick is Shapovalov to go home after this game! 

Grigor Dimitrov (-3.5) to beat Alexander Bublik @ 1.81 with OLYBET 

Bulgarian is a real deal, and despite being pasive after US open,  i have no worries that will get whistled past Alexander. In my eyes he has everything to become top 5 player in the world.  Bublik had a great service match vs Thompson, but this is the end. To me Grigor will beat,him easy.! Good luck! 

Joao Sousa (-2.5) to beat Lloyd Harris @ 1.78 wit OLYBET 

Another missmatch in my eyes, the lucky looser Lloyd somehow got past serbian Lajovic previously,  pretty easy 6:3 in two (the Lajovic could be in a fixing mood) Clear fav the portuguese,  the world #111 should not be here in 1/4 final...  GL!

Edited by fizrukas

Kristyna Pliskova to beat Alison Van Uytvanck at 2.35 with Unibet

I get a feeling of something from the past in this match from Kristyna. She has beaten Alison before in 2011 on hard in straight sets. She could very well be the winner again in this matchup. She has also won WTA Tashkent before as it's her only title and this time I think she could reach the final in this event again.