Announcements
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
*** August Competition Winners: Well done to Bymatrix (NAPS), Daisychain (KO Cup), YSM (York Festival), Saddlesore (Doncaster Festival) & Like2Fish (Poker) ***
Sign in to follow this  
CzechPunter

Tennis Tips - September 16 - September 22

Feeling rather alone in here :cry.

Mikhail Kukushkin to beat Jannik Sinner at 1.66 with Marathonbet

Sinner is certainly an up-and-coming player and I do expect big things from him going forward, but this is a tough draw for him given how well Kukushkin usually does in these Eastern European events. He's still classy enough and he needs to start getting ranking points somewhere, so I wouldn't be shocked to see him do a Basilashvili here and go really far in the entire thing.

This is a general tip for ATP St. Petersburg: I'd oppose both Khachanov and Medvedev, despite the potential for both of them to play well in front of a "home" crowd. Khachanov is miles away from his best (and I saw he became a new father recently) and surely all of Medvedev's tennis will finally catch up with him.

I think Jannik Sinner is a reincarnation of Ted Gärdestad who reached the Swedish junior tennis championship in 1970 facing Bjorn Borg and lost in a tight 3 set battle. Ted was a promising tennis player but chosed to chase his dream of becoming a musical artist which he became very quickly and competed in Eurovision 1979 with the song Sattelit. He died by suicide in 1997 by jumping infront of a train 41 years old. Jannik looks very similar to Ted when he was 18 so I think we have a potential genious in Jannik.

Alexander Bublik to beat Casper Ruud at 1.83 with Bet365

Ruud has done absolutely nothing indoors so far, so I'm happy to take another Eastern European player in the form of Bublik here. He was very competent during the US Open and it's somewhat hard to trust players that are coming from Davis Cup weekends, so I think that Bublik should be priced at 1.60 or so here.

Samantha Stosur to beat Sofia Kenin at 3.46 with 1xBet

Stosur has become an incredibly unreliable player over the last two years, but she's been playing surprisingly well so far this week and she did beat Kenin last time out, so I think that these odds are worth taking on the basis of that and the fact that this is a final match in which Stosur's experience could play a role. There's no disputing that Kenin is a fairly big fav, but these odds are a bit ridiculous imo. The big-priced outright also looks far better to me than the handicap line, as there's every chance that Kenin is going to cover it if she wins.