** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

LOI, NIFL, and WPL Predictions > Sep 13th & 14th

Caernarfon vs Pen-y-bont

The Cymru Premier returns to action this weekend and one of the matches that is drawing some interest is between the North Wales side Caernarfon and their South Wales counterparts Pen-y-Bont in a 2:30pm BST kick-off this Saturday at the The Oval in Caernarfon. The two sides have had differing fortunes in the league so far this season but will this be a chance for the away side to grab their first league win of the campaign?

Caernarfon have developed a reputation within Welsh football for boasting some of the most passionate fans. The Gwynedd-based side average over 900 fans per game last season which was almost 300% more than their closest rivals. If they're ever on S4C you can be guaranteed that their fans will create a hell of a noise. This has resulted in them being one of the toughest teams to beat on their own patch but also a side that bring a huge following to all their away games despite the long travelling distances involved. The Canaries are currently in 6th place with 1 win, 3 draws, and 1 loss from their 6 league games so far but they remain undefeated at home.

Pen-y-bont are finding adjusting to life in the top flight of Welsh football quite tricky. The Bont are propping up the entire league table with just 1 point from their 6 league games so far. That came in a 1-1 draw away to Newtown. Interestingly, their performances away from home have seemed more promising than their displays on their own patch. Unfortunately, I think they might struggle here.

The Oval is a difficult place to come for the best of teams let alone if you're a newly promoted team that's already looking demoralised and out of your depth. Pen-y-bont can't be faulted for their heart but they just lack that cutting edge right now and it's costing them dearly. Caernarfon should qualify for the Europa League Play-Offs and stand an outside chance of qualifying automatically for the Europa League. I think they'll secure a business-like win over their visitors here.

Caernarfon -1 @ 2.50 with Betfair

Caernarfon HT/FT @ 2.40 with Paddy Power

I'm on three games in the WPL.  I'm ignoring short priced Connah's Quay and TNS; both should win comfortably but haven't really convinced me enough this season to be that short (one-off 1-10 results aside ;) ).  I'm also ignoring Druids v Carmarthen as they only have one win between them so no form to speak of; I'd fancy the Druids with home advantage but think the price is slightly short.  If I was braver I'd go for the draw.

I hope to be at Caernarfon; I've got a few bob on the home side for an added interest.  I'd have thought both promoted teams would be okay as from what I've seen of the north feeder the better sides look good enough to hold their own in the Premier, but that's not how its turned out and like Stevie I expect Caernarfon to win. (3/5, general).

I'm also on Bala at Newtown (6/4 general); despite them letting me down when I last backed them I still think Bala will have a good season.  Newtown should be okay this year, but I expected Bala to be shorter so I've gone for them.

I'm also on Barry (23/20, general at Airbus).  Like Penybont, Airbus have struggled since coming up, while Barry are undefeated in second, with their two draws coming against better sides than Airbus.  I don't know much about either side so this one is based on stats and I'd happily take evens or better.