** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Non-League Predictions > September 14th

Darran

Thankfully for the 2nd time this season my own team won at a decent price to stop it from being a blank matchday and covered most of the losses. I am off to Kings Lynn to watch Gloucester on Saturday and based on the stats I should be seeing a lot of goals, but suspect there might be more for the home side than the away side. I won't be having a bet though, but their are 5 games that catch my eye.

Previews to follow

Eastleigh v Bromley

Bromley remain the only undefeated side in the National League and I am surprised that they are over 2/1 to beat an Eastleigh side who look fairly average so far this season. Granted they have only lost once at home, but their home fixture list hasn't been overly tough so far and Bromley are certainly the better side in my view. I would make them favs myself so the 21/10 makes lots of appeal.

Darlington v York

I opposed Darlington last week and more than happy to do so again this week especially against the best team in the division. Darlington have only won 3 games all season and only 1 of their last 5 games which was against Blyth which as I mentioned last week hardly says much given how bad they are. Like Bromley, York are still unbeaten as well and hopefully both will be picking up 3 points on Saturday.

Kettering v Alfreton

Alfreton are finally having a good season after some disappointing ones and they have won 5 of their last 6 games with the only defeat a 3-2 loss to table toppers Kings Lynn. Given Kettering have lost 7 of their 10 games it is quite impressive that the only 2 times I have opposed them is in 2 of their 3 games where they haven't won. They have only won once on the opening day of the season and they have backed up my view pre-season that they would be relegation candidates. I haven't managed to make it pay so far, but hopefully it will be 3rd time lucky and Alfreton look the best bet of the weekend given how prolific they are in front of goal and how poor Kettering look at the back

Kidderminster v Altrincham

Altrincham will be disappointed with their season so far with only 3 wins, but they were really impressive last weekend when beating Leamington 5-0 and that could be the turning point of their season. They have yet to win away from home, but they do have 2 points from their 5 games on the road compared to Kidderminster who have only managed to pick up 1 point from their 5 home games so far. Granted they haven't had the kindest fixture list, but they did throw away a 2 goal lead against Gloucester and they do look as if they are in for a tough season. I thought just over 2/1 looked a spot of value about an away win.

Lewes v Potters Bar Town

Lewes have really struggled so far this season losing 4 games on the bounce having drawn their opening fixture. They did win 4-1 in their last league game, but that came against bottom club Leatherhead, who they also faced in the FA Cup last weekend. That first game ended in a draw so they had a replay on Wednesday night which ended up going to penalties. They are missing a few players as well as having played 120 minutes on Wednesday and they are going to find that tough going into this game. Potters Bar have had a solid enough season and as much as they look a mid-table side they look capable of taking advantage of Lewes' tiredness.

Bromley 2pts @ 21/10 with Bet365

York 2pts @ 61/50 with Marathon

Alfreton 2.5pts @ 13/10 with BetVictor

Altrincham 1pt @ 51/25 with Marathon

Potters Bar Town 1pt @ 71/50 with Marathon