** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Barclays FA Women's Super League

Paperclip

The Barclays FA Women's Super League is likely to be a closely contested affair this season given the first weeks results. Usually, Arsenal Man City and Chelsea dominate but with other teams strengthening there could be some surprising results and value betting opportunities.

Only one goal separated the teams on the opening days fixtures!

Last seasons runners-up Man City beat newly promoted Man Utd with the only goal of the game. Chelsea overcame Spurs, another promoted side, by the same score, whilst champions Arsenal beat West Ham 2-1. There were wins by Reading at Liverpool and Everton at last seasons 4th placed side Birmingham both triumphing 1-0. Bristol City drew 0-0 with Brighton at home.

Looks like it's all to play for!

• 1 year later...

Ah the delights of International weeks and the chance to go off piste for ones bets! Chelsea Women v Man City Women, buy Mjelde goal minutes at 4 with SPIN. Already has one in 3 games this season, scored 4 in 14 last season. Not bad at the equivalent of going on 9/1 anytime (no fixed odds firms have priced the market for comparison). I'd already decided to place this bet before SX went up with a quote of 5-8, franking the notion of 4 representing a bit of value. Good luck to all that choose to follow. :rollin

2 hours ago, harry_rag said:

Ah the delights of International weeks and the chance to go off piste for ones bets! Chelsea Women v Man City Women, buy Mjelde goal minutes at 4 with SPIN. Already has one in 3 games this season, scored 4 in 14 last season. Not bad at the equivalent of going on 9/1 anytime (no fixed odds firms have priced the market for comparison). I'd already decided to place this bet before SX went up with a quote of 5-8, franking the notion of 4 representing a bit of value. Good luck to all that choose to follow. :rollin

:ok Scored a 36th minute penalty for a profit of 32 x stake. Shame she had to score the first goal of 4 but still returned the equivalent of 8/1.

• 1 month later...

Arsenal v Chelsea, buy Mjelde's goal minutes at 7 (generally available).

See above, still looks cheap. Not sure why I wasted my time looking to see if any fixed odds firms had anytime prices! :wall

Edit - guilty of posting before punting there. Firstly, SX have dropped her price to 6 while SPIN (obviously as an immediate reaction to shrewdie money) have upped her to 8! ;) I'm on at 7 but split my stake across that and a buy of her goal rush at 4 (25 points for 1 goal, 50 for 2 and 100 for 3+). Takes some of the randomness out of what time she scores assuming she does.

Edited by harry_rag
Stated in post